Where do we go from here?

Loyal72

Just trying to find some sort of light at the end of all this mess, the fans hate the players, know the interim manager isn't strong enough to turn this around and the hatred is starting to turn toward the board.

It's pretty bleak. I never saw the hard times of the late 70s and early 80s, I came into this during 9 in a row, seeing us steamroller everyone, and then go back and forth with that lot, until that googly eyed cunt in 2010. But we had Walter Smith, it wasn't absolutely fucked, and even when shit hit the fan and Ally took over, and we went down - there was still a clear plan.

We win all the dross, we get back to the top and we compete to be the best in Scotland.

But we get project after project, shite after shite, poor mentality, guys that respect everyone that's kicking the shit out of us, it's just so far away from what I think any of us expected. 

That lot will soon overtake us in trophies, and we're going down without so much as a whimper. I'm past being angry, dejected.

Still, I'd rather watch us struggle on, than be anything else. But it's hard.

Fuck knows, it looks like we’re heading towards having another clueless manager in Lampard and if that happens I can’t see us recovering for a long long time 

The business we’ve both done and not done over the last few years had left us in a position where we’d need to spend more than we can afford to fix this squad 

Kent, Morelos, Kamara, Goldson, Barisic all retained at the wrong times and have gone/will go for buttons compared to what we could’ve got 

Signings we’ve made as well, jesus fuck. How can it be that I’ve read we wouldn’t fork out the money being asked for a Fulgini or a Kvaratshkelia but we end up shelling out the best part of 8 million on Dessers and Lammers :ang:

14 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

My view is that as mental as it sounds, we've been in much worse places. 

It immediately has to start with the players. Incredibly, were not out of anything yet. We need to get a reaction from these cunts for St Mirren or play other players. Get 3 points and then start from there. 

We then need structure. We need the right people in the right places to move forward. At boardroom level we need someone making better decisions. I dread to think of the non football related cunts we have there interviewing managers. A Souness type. 

From there it's vital we appoint the right man to take the team. Someone tactically astute. Someone who will attack and get some sort of tune from the duds we've been left. 

We need to get some value from our squad. I think to do that we need to get more out of our youth. We've all heard how highly though of King, Lovelace, Lowry are for example. We should be playing them. Is King worse than Davies or Souttar? Is Dessers deserving of a spot before Lovelace? Would Lowry do any worse than Lammers? Giving them a run would likely improve them and by law of averages alone your likely to soon develop a home grown talent that will improve the squad and have a valuable asset to boost the coffers.

Might be wrong about a lot of this but it'd the kinda thing someone at the club should be doing... planning.

Definitely starts with the players,manager situation shouldn’t matter for them regarding effort and application as you are playing for the team, fans pride etc.We have a Bunch of players in which the majority are ok but seem to go into a self destruct mode at the slightest bit of pressure in their cosy wee lives.Lundstrim is an example with that lazy pass for their 2nd goal it looked as if he couldn’t be arsed.Any level of football if your having a bad game you put the extra effort in to help the team not retreat into your shell and that’s what pisses me off the most cos there was no one pushing the team that was full of experienced pros.

Our next managerial appointment will either give us a fighting chance or leave us as another club who used to be big and successful back in the day.

We can only do our bit and back ( tho understandably soon turns to boo) the players, and let the Board know they're culpable too.

Need to keep puting pressure on the Board at games and social media to let them know the likes of Lampard, McInnes, guys from the English lower leagues etc aren't acceptable.

And then we pray they're not as incompetent as we fear they are when they make an appointment.

Lampard would be a massive mistake, look at the terrible job he done at Everton and then Chelsea, who I would say were in a similar mess. 

I genuinely have no idea where the club turns as the recruitment in the summer was soo bad we have created 1 of the worst teams to watch since getting back into the SPL. 

12 minutes ago, Sket said:

That club we grew up watching win 9 in a row is gone. That winning mentality with players knowing what it meant to play for Rangers,it doesn't exist anymore. We're a shell of a club,devoid of anything and everything that once made us great.

Mercenaries on and off the pitch driven by nothing but money. Its fuck the fans,fuck the standards and fuck the traditions.

It's fucking sickening.

Heartbreaking 🤢