Mentality

Loyal72

1 hour ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

The lack of an out and out thug in the middle of the park is an embarrassment.

Not even a thug, even just a player with a bit of fight and passion to actually dig in and give it all for the shirt.

But I agree, most of our successful teams have had a right bastard of an enforcer in them.

1 hour ago, SkylineBlue said:

Not even a thug, but just someone who is willing to get stuck in when a team wants a fight in the middle of the park. Our midfield was non existent for large spells yesterday, and they wanted absolutely nothing to do with it when Aberdeen were getting in our faces. The same can be said for every player on the park tbf. It was a cowardly disgrace.

Its not even about running about making tackles. Its about showing for the ball and having the bravery to take people on. Getting on the front foot. Quite often in these must win games its as if a lot of our players are frightened to take a risk or any responsibility. They look petrified and some of them hide.

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

That’s a load of shite and nothing to do with standards dropping within the support. 

Fact is the standard has dropped massively on the pitch and most people are crying out for better but we can do nothing until the transfer window. If you can’t see that yesterday’s performance was still an improvement on what we seen under Beale then that’s simply on you 

Happy to debate if that was better than Beale. 

I don’t think it was. I think it was really familiar to Beale and GVB days. I am not for a second questioning PC as I think he is the right man for the job and he has only been here a minute but I think yesterday showed emphatically that many of these players don’t have the mentality. The subject of the thread. 

Yesterday was pish and I don’t think we should be sugar coating it. 

I still think the league is in play though. 

Just now, Bakbear said:

Happy to debate if that was better than Beale. 

I don’t think it was. I think it was really familiar to Beale and GVB days. I am not for a second questioning PC as I think he is the right man for the job and he has only been here a minute but I think yesterday showed emphatically that many of these players don’t have the mentality. The subject of the thread. 

Yesterday was pish and I don’t think we should be sugar coating it. 

I still think the league is in play though. 

Won’t be debating that with anyone, think you’ve to be genuinely stupid to think that was like the performances under Beale considering they battered us at Ibrox in his final game 

Just now, Mclean RFC said:

yesterday was down to our finishing in general. and the lack of urgency from some of our players when losing. lawrence and cifuentes should not be on together with their lack of game time. 

Barisic either chucked it or shat it. needs dropped.

Chucked it, shat it. Same thing. He did what he always does in a pressure game.

It's going to take time to sort this squad out. We're lucky the filth are also poor this season, because it gives us a decent chance to compete for the league if we can do some short-term fixes in January, but it's going to be a 2-3 season project to fix the underlying organisational / structural issues. The foundations for those issues were laid by Wilson but reached their insane peak over the summer with Beale. Unbalanced squad, poor signings on high wages + long contracts, and almost total failure to work toward significant player trading revenues. Of course these problems are all self-perpetuating because with poor, ageing players on big wages you struggle to get rid of them + generated revenues for replacements. It's fucked. 

We need a DOF, or something similar, in ASAP to support Clement on this side of things. Clement's obviously much more capable than Beale, but if you leave it all to a manager (whose job is only ever a handful of losses away from being threatened) you're inevitably going to tend toward short-termism.  

9 minutes ago, Mclean RFC said:

yesterday was down to our finishing in general. and the lack of urgency from some of our players when losing. lawrence and cifuentes should not be on together with their lack of game time. 

Barisic either chucked it or shat it. needs dropped.

I'd be trying to sort LB as a matter of urgency in January. BB will be harder to move, so sell Ridvan back to Turkey, and bring someone new in. 

Firstly let me say that I’m happy with the progress and changes under Clement. He has completely changed our mind set and motivation going into most  games.

We do however seem to have some mental block or lack of conviction every time we play the sheep. 
Given the circumstances yesterday we should have come out the blocks full of determination and confidence, in top gear. Instead we started the  game in second gear. 
From the start they seemed to want it more than us……we did improve as the game went on, but we were 1 down and forced to chase it more.
They had more attacks in the first 3 mins of the game than they had in 90 mins at the piggery…… and that set the tone for most of the first half. Some of our attacking play was at walking pace, and our passing weak.

I’m not implying criticism of Clement at all…it’s the players who let us down.

I see it as a disappointment to be honest, and the sheep will probably get pumped in their next game. We lost an opportunity to close the deficit, and we cannot keep throwing these chances away.

1 hour ago, rangersross said:

It's going to take time to sort this squad out. We're lucky the filth are also poor this season, because it gives us a decent chance to compete for the league if we can do some short-term fixes in January, but it's going to be a 2-3 season project to fix the underlying organisational / structural issues. The foundations for those issues were laid by Wilson but reached their insane peak over the summer with Beale. Unbalanced squad, poor signings on high wages + long contracts, and almost total failure to work toward significant player trading revenues. Of course these problems are all self-perpetuating because with poor, ageing players on big wages you struggle to get rid of them + generated revenues for replacements. It's fucked. 

We need a DOF, or something similar, in ASAP to support Clement on this side of things. Clement's obviously much more capable than Beale, but if you leave it all to a manager (whose job is only ever a handful of losses away from being threatened) you're inevitably going to tend toward short-termism.  

How is Clement more capable than Beale? The latter if you remember won 14 out of 15 of his first league games with the other being a draw. In time he may well prove to be but the exact same thing would have been said of Beale v GVB after a dozen or so games.

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Won’t be debating that with anyone, think you’ve to be genuinely stupid to think that was like the performances under Beale considering they battered us at Ibrox in his final game 

We literally had to score 2 goals in injury time to salvage a win up there less than a year ago.

23 minutes ago, gj923 said:

How is Clement more capable than Beale? The latter if you remember won 14 out of 15 of his first league games with the other being a draw. In time he may well prove to be but the exact same thing would have been said of Beale v GVB after a dozen or so games.

He’s won back-to-back titles with two different teams in a league that’s better than the SPL. To date, Beale has had a short, moderately successful period with QPR and lost his job with us after quickly losing ground in the title race and wasting the bulk of our transfer budget on players who can’t even earn a start. Clement is demonstrably more capable than Beale. 

2 hours ago, Bakbear said:

The fact that we have so many supporters this morning thinking that yesterday wasn’t that bad or just unlucky is a glaring indicator of how far our standards have fallen. 

This is generic pish you see after every bad result. 

I've barely seen anyone 'okay' with that result yesterday. Ff, Rangers Media and Rangers Twitter all raging with the result and yet another missed opportunity. 

Even the usual apologists for the losers on here haven't defended them. 

2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

This is generic pish you see after every bad result. 

I've barely seen anyone 'okay' with that result yesterday. Ff, Rangers Media and Rangers Twitter all raging with the result and yet another missed opportunity. 

Even the usual apologists for the losers on here haven't defended them. 

I am seeing quite a lot of folk on Twitter saying it was unlucky or that we dominated and just wasn’t our day. 

I have seen a few comments on here also suggesting similar. 

Fair enough though, said I didn’t want to be that guy and probably shouldn’t have been, my point was that the mentality is poor and has been consistently poor from the same players year after year. Whether that has been under Beale or GVB 

it’s my opinion and I will leave it at that  as others disagree  

8 minutes ago, Bakbear said:

I am seeing quite a lot of folk on Twitter saying it was unlucky or that we dominated and just wasn’t our day. 

I have seen a few comments on here also suggesting similar. 

Fair enough though, said I didn’t want to be that guy and probably shouldn’t have been, my point was that the mentality is poor and has been consistently poor from the same players year after year. Whether that has been under Beale or GVB 

it’s my opinion and I will leave it at that  as others disagree  

We probably were a bit unlucky and it wasn’t our day, but it’s also a pattern that it’s never our day when there’s a real opportunity to make up ground. Too many losers. 

54 minutes ago, gj923 said:

Did you watch any of Beales first 15 games?

They were chronic and we were scraping by teams by single goals and late winners with no structure or plan in place. It was clear we would eventually be found out.

Clement actually looks like he knows what he's doing and has had some convincing performances. Yesterday was bad but at least you can see what he's trying to do, he just has a shit group of players.

I would rather have a bumpy start if that means he builds a proper team and structure.

It's simple really, these players weren't good enough before Clement arrived

They are still not good enough, but have had an upturn in form and performance under Clement but he's no miracle worker

Things won't change until the personnel changes

I think we're looking at 2 transfer windows until we see a marked difference, We're lucky the scumbags are shite as well as the league should be over already

Don't expect too much from this lot until there's changes

21 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Balogun is getting off with a free hit.

Should have scored twice yesterday 

Expectations are so low for Balogun it's not even really worth complaining about him.

We know he's old, bad and slow and nothings going to change that.

He was a free stop gap to cover a potential long term injury. Lammers was an expensive signing on a high wage in his mid 20's.