Mentality

Loyal72

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The door was opened earlier on in season before OF game at Ibrox and we failed to take advantage.

The door was opened today and yet again we failed.

The sad thing is, no-one who supports is should be shocked. It’s what this squad does.

Unfortunately it doesn't come as a surprise.

We're still reliant on the same players who are now on a 4th manager at this point and have a history of collapsing under pressure.

Until we move them on we'll keep seeing the same. 

They simply don't have the character to play for Rangers. They cannot handle the pressure of winning trophies and nothing will change until there is a massive clear out. They're absolute fucking shitebags and I'm sick to my back teeth of it.

The problem  we have is we also have to clear out a lot of the duds bought in the summer too. We're in a terrible state.

2 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

They simply don't have the character to play for Rangers. They cannot handle the pressure of winning trophies and nothing will change until there is a massive clear out. They're absolute fucking shitebags and I'm sick to my back teeth of it.

The problem  we have is we also have to clear out a lot of the duds bought in the summer too. We're in a terrible state.

Thing that gives me hope is the confidence I have in our manager. He's been getting a tune out a bunch of duds.

The 2019 league cup final was massive. Thought at the time that we needed that to get that winning mentality but fucking blew it again. Better team on the day but still on the losing side

Thought Beales massive rebuild might see us turn a corner but the cunt has set us back 

This always chasing results after they’ve played doesn’t help either.

these players have had almost 24hr to get themselves ramped up, but as usual they have shrunk back to type.

they just cannot capiize on opportunities presented to them.

and another few weeks coming up of us probably playing catch up on a Sunday while they play on the Saturday. 
(Although I’ve not checked to see if this is accurate, but we will always be playing on a Sunday after a EL game).

Most of our players simply don't have the same insatiable appetite for silverware as the fans, they give the impression that the odd cup is a nice unexpected bonus but if we don't win it's a shrug of the shoulders and off they go home. The 'second-best is ok' mentality is too deeply ingrained into the squad now to change without a major overhaul.

3 hours ago, Swagger said:

The 2019 league cup final was massive. Thought at the time that we needed that to get that winning mentality but fucking blew it again. Better team on the day but still on the losing side

Thought Beales massive rebuild might see us turn a corner but the cunt has set us back 

That’s probably the worst I have ever felt after a domestic cup final loss 

Literally went to bed immediately after the game 

6 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I'll always go back to it until we get a team of similar level to before we hit the shit we won't compete year after year for trophies. If that's not possible over a number of years then we are fucked. 

Don’t talk shite all your life mate

We need shot of a number of players but that celtic side is absolute dross aswell and their success rate in terms of signings has been every bit as bad as ours recently, Ange’s freak couple of years aside. 

Had Clement been in charge in the summer and had the money Beale had, I’d dare say we would be top of the league right now 

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Don’t talk shite all your life mate

We need shot of a number of players but that celtic side is absolute dross aswell and their success rate in terms of signings has been every bit as bad as ours recently, Ange’s freak couple of years aside. 

Had Clement been in charge in the summer and had the money Beale had, I’d dare say we would be top of the league right now 

That mob can be as shite as they want fact is we will remain a distance behind them until we can get a group of players who can compete for titles we don't have that. How do we get it investment 

Just back from Pittodrie, I'm annoyed we didn't pull points back on the tims today but I'm not as annoyed with the team as I have been recently after dropping points, we gave away a really snide goal and after getting away with one just before it, that should've really been the warning sign we needed, however I thought we played some decent stuff, definitely in midfield anyway, our movement and interplay is a helluva lot better, we hit the woodwork 3 times and their keeper made a few good saves, we more than deserved that point and will play a lot worse and win games this season.

Not going to gaslight folk and convinve them we were brilliant but I thought we looked like a Rangers team who can win a title again and the more time Clement gets with these players the more of a tune he'll get out of them.

We'll catch celtic, they're falling to bits, big injuries, new signings nowhere near the quality of those they've replaced, in fighting with fans/club, their style of play reminds me more of us under Gio, everyone who hurt us last season is either gone, injured or simply not fitting into their new system, we seem to be united and building momentum whilst they're the complete opposite, disappointed we didn't win but I'm very encouraged with our direction.

2 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

Just back from Pittodrie, I'm annoyed we didn't pull points back on the tims today but I'm not as annoyed with the team as I have been recently after dropping points, we gave away a really snide goal and after getting away with one just before it, that should've really been the warning sign we needed, however I thought we played some decent stuff, definitely in midfield anyway, our movement and interplay is a helluva lot better, we hit the woodwork 3 times and their keeper made a few good saves, we more than deserved that point and will play a lot worse and win games this season.

Not going to gaslight folk and convinve them we were brilliant but I thought we looked like a Rangers team who can win a title again and the more time Clement gets with these players the more of a tune he'll get out of them.

We'll catch celtic, they're falling to bits, big injuries, new signings nowhere near the quality of those they've replaced, in fighting with fans/club, their style of play reminds me more of us under Gio, everyone who hurt us last season is either gone, injured or simply not fitting into their new system, we seem to be united and building momentum whilst they're the complete opposite, disappointed we didn't win but I'm very encouraged with our direction.

We aren't good enough mate. Hopefully Clement can correct that over the next few years. 

6 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

That mob can be as shite as they want fact is we will remain a distance behind them until we can get a group of players who can compete for titles we don't have that. How do we get it investment 

We need to replace a few players, you’re getting on like it’s a doomsday scenario we are currently in because we drew today :lol:

Missed opportunity definitely, but hardly the end of the world, they’ll continue dropping points throughout the season 

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

We aren't good enough mate. Hopefully Clement can correct that over the next few years. 

Next few years :lol:

Literally in a cup final next month and still within touching distance of them in the league with a game in hand and 3 old firms left to play. Catch a grip 

Just now, KingKirk said:

I know what you're saying mate but I don't think they're anywhere near good enough either, they've regressed massively from last season, I genuinely think we'll catch them, sometimes you can just sense it, two year ago when they started gathering momentum while we were Champions you could see it slowly getting away from us, they had a feel good factor and everyone was positive and united, I think we're getting to this stage now, they are absolutely hopeless against a low block and thats what they face 90% of games up here, I'll not be surprised if we get another chance to make up points again next weekend.

4 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Next few years :lol:

Literally in a cup final next month and still within touching distance of them in the league with a game in hand and 3 old firms left to play. Catch a grip 

If you think we can win this league you're kidding yourself on mate but crack on fair play. It simply isn't happening. The cup is huge get it won but in terms of the league it'll take a few years imo unless they implode of course 

10 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

If you think we can win this league you're kidding yourself on mate but crack on fair play. It simply isn't happening. The cup is huge get it won but in terms of the league it'll take a few years imo unless they implode of course 

Ok mate, they’re flying atm, you’re right 

4 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The door was opened earlier on in season before OF game at Ibrox and we failed to take advantage.

The door was opened today and yet again we failed.

The sad thing is, no-one who supports us should be shocked. It’s what this squad does.

Yip.

Won't change until we revamp that defence.