Mentality

Loyal72

5 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Stand by what I said, think you’ve to be stupid to not see we have improved already from Beales time here. Wont be debating it 

5 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

As far as I can see, this debate isn't about whether we've improved or not, (I think we certainly have) it's about whether yesterday's performance was similar to previous recent performances up there. And clearly it was.

I've been impressed with Clement so far and I'm pretty confident that he is the right man to bring us sustained success, but that doesn't mean we haven't produced some bad performances. The home game to Hearts was terrible for the vast majority of the game and the last game before the break against Livi wasn't particularly good either. Both are performances we've seen countless times over the last few years under Gerrard, Gio and Beale bearing a range of different results. 

I think we can agree that it's not really about the manager, not yet. It's clearly about the squad of players we currently have. And that means there will likely be more performances like yesterday on the horizon because no matter how good a job the manager is doing until we clear out and improve the squad it's inevitable that days like yesterday will continue to occur. 

2 hours ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

Yes however Cifuentes was arguably equally culpable as he was no where near close enough to the sheep midfielder who headed it onto Miovski to score. The guy had a free header completely unchallenged.  

it was the other striker who dropped back off Goldson who headed it on.......

8 minutes ago, Garnock Blue said:

it was the other striker who dropped back off Goldson who headed it on.......

Goldson was caught completely out of position on that one. Frustrates the life out of me when he switches off like that.

We were also a good 5 / 10 yards too far forward for the lack of pace in the centre back pairing.

Balogun had no chance with the runner. 

On 26/11/2023 at 14:05, Loyal72 said:

Think today further reaffirms what most people already know, that the senior players in this side that have been here year on year, don't have the right mentality to succeed at Rangers.

That lot dropped points yesterday, we had a massive chance to put ourselves right back in the mix, and we come out half arsed, same shite we've all seen before, no urgency, no hunger, no anger or any real passion to actually go and take that chance.

We've seen it, again and again and again.

Tavernier, Goldson, Lundstram, Barisic, all looked as though they were going through the motions when they should be taking it by the scruff.

The mentality will only change, if these players aren't here to be quite honest.

@The Specky Forum Organiser just noticed your thread on those players, you can just move this into there as a comment.

Yes, its what we expect from this group now.

Another mentally weak performance. This team has ripped the pish out of us all over social media.

Not one player looked determined to right that and show them that hey, we're Glasgow fucking Rangers, put some respect on our name.

Only wee Ross when he came on actually looked bothered to fight for stuff and capable of changing the game.

Genuinely a headless chicken performance from everyone else.

So mentally weak it's scary.

Just now, Loyal72 said:

Another mentally weak performance. This team has ripped the pish out of us all over social media.

Not one player looked determined to right that and show them that hey, we're Glasgow fucking Rangers, put some respect on our name.

Only wee Ross when he came on actually looked bothered to fight for stuff and capable of changing the game.

Genuinely a headless chicken performance from everyone else.

So mentally weak it's scary.

Tonight is a game we should have been winning, 100%. They are on paper a much weaker team than we are, and with home advantage plus the humiliation of losing away to them, the team should have had the inspiration to hand out a doing, especially after the Betis result earlier. 

We never seem to win the games that matter. 

1 point out of 6 against Aberdeen so far this season and 1 from 6 against this mob tells you all you need to know about this group of players. Whether they think they're better than they are and just have to turn up to win these type of matches, they have such weak mentalities that they collapse at the first sign of adversity or they simply don't give a fuck I don't know but the entire senior squad needs completely cleared out. Most of us knew this already of course, even Clement has started to look less animated on the touchline so I wonder if the reality if what he's taken on is starting to bite.

Mentality chat is a bit boring now. I think this squad need a bit more time under the new boss. I think the seeds are there from Clement on how we play but need a bit more time to develop. My main issue with this squad is the severe lack of quality on the wings and also in midfield. I blame Beale for this. Spent a whole lot of money on a whole lot of shite. A new left back, center back, attacking mid and winger are required. 

Blaming it on mentality is being kind to them.

I think the sad truth that nobody wants to admit is a lot of them are just shite footballers.

The team that made it to the Europa league final had quality and should have won another league title.

But this lot are just shit

4 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

Mentality chat is a bit boring now. I think this squad need a bit more time under the new boss. I think the seeds are there from Clement on how we play but need a bit more time to develop. My main issue with this squad is the severe lack of quality on the wings and also in midfield. I blame Beale for this. Spent a whole lot of money on a whole lot of shite. A new left back, center back, attacking mid and winger are required. 

Our performances have got worse. Livi before the break, Pittodrie at the weekend and tonight. 3 progressively worse performances against 3 shit teams. 

Just now, Loyal72 said:

Pretty much. I hope supporters realise that Clement can only really pick from the shite we have.

And that shite, is really shite.

Yes but he had much better to chose from than lammers so deserves stick. I'd bet less than 10 per cent of ibrox agreed with his selection 

Cifuentes looked weak at the knees every time the ball came to him. He was absolutely shitting himself. 

Lammers barely resembles a footballer, he hides constantly and cannot do the basics. That he is a professional footballer would suggest that he has ability but it is clear the weight of the jersey is too big for him. 

It is 100% mental fortitude thats our issue. These players have more ability than Limassol, Aberdeen, and the majority of SPFL sides but they fall apart in front of an expectant Ibrox. 

1 hour ago, OrangeRab said:

Blaming it on mentality is being kind to them.

I think the sad truth that nobody wants to admit is a lot of them are just shite footballers.

The team that made it to the Europa league final had quality and should have won another league title.

But this lot are just shit

This. The brutal truth is that our players are not good enough especially Beale’s signings who are fuckin horrendous 

1 hour ago, KBOO72 said:

Our performances have got worse. Livi before the break, Pittodrie at the weekend and tonight. 3 progressively worse performances against 3 shit teams. 

Can only do so much with a squad that has no cutting edge. The January window is pivotal if we want to achieve anything this season.