New Singing Section in Copland Stand

You can apply, but it will go to the committee, with the club making the final decision, obviously, those applications that went in first will be considered.

there was an application to the club, can’t remember if it’s here or I saw on X

5 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Does it?

Of course it does . Our goalkeeper stands behind a hostile crowd 6 out of 8 half's a season . Some can handle it , but others quite clearly don't so of course it helps them every season . 

28 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

Quite happy to have the Union Bears up my neck of the woods tbh, though if this is some sort of move to give that mob a full stand back then I'm out, might sound dramatic but if that happens I'm giving up my season ticket. 

I'm one of those that's to be moved . I've not said much to see what was happening but , tbf , it sounds like the cantilever is quite workable . 

I'd probably have put up with moving , though moving to the corner , front row in the Broomloan is a step down . However if they did move me to the Broomloan , and then give the tarriers the full stand , meaning missing out those games  I'd have told them to ram their ST .

9 minutes ago, gmcf said:

I'm one of those that's to be moved . I've not said much to see what was happening but , tbf , it sounds like the cantilever is quite workable . 

I'd probably have put up with moving , though moving to the corner , front row in the Broomloan is a step down . However if they did move me to the Broomloan , and then give the tarriers the full stand , meaning missing out those games  I'd have told them to ram their ST .

I'm Copland Rear so it won't affect me much, I will never accept giving them the full stand again, if they do I'm finished. 

1 hour ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Said it before but just this move isnt enough , needs a massive culture change that singing etc isnt just done by cunts who are mwi , that stinking "look at him shouting " needs to stop 

Much respect for the UB and what they do and they deserve the move 

Your point however is just a clash between the traditional and almost hardwired culture of British football home crowds compared to the whole ultra scene.

British crowds are reactive to what is infront of them on the pitch or the magnitude of the occasion  . It’s why 0-0 borefest can suck the life out a stadium or 3-3 end to enders can spark the stadiums into a frenzy. Or why midweek in Europe under the lights can get us going even pre kick off while the only thing that will spark Ibrox into life for a run of the mill 1-0 win against a ten men behind the ball Livingston is a contentious referee decision. 

It will take a generation or two to change that and that’s only if the whole Ultra thing even lasts that long in the UK and grows

11 hours ago, Unionblue said:

Singing section shouldn't be required, the whole fucking stadium should be bouncing every game and belting out the tunes, however, we are where we are, so its a good move,  its time Ibrox was a cauldron of noise again, not just for Euro nights etc.

Agree, maybe I am just an old fogey remembering  things through rose tinted memories, but I wonder if the UnionBears section has stifled sound and spontaneous singing from the rest of the stadium.? It seems the only time the whole stadium comes together if for a couple of old favourites.

6 hours ago, docspiderman said:

Agree, maybe I am just an old fogey remembering  things through rose tinted memories, but I wonder if the UnionBears section has stifled sound and spontaneous singing from the rest of the stadium.? It seems the only time the whole stadium comes together if for a couple of old favourites.

No , the blue order were about before the Union Bears with the same goal of helping tackle the issue of Ibrox atmosphere in run of the mill games.

6 hours ago, Nameless Ghoul said:

Quite right. If you aren't willing to sing for 90 mins you should have your season ticket revoked anyway

90 mins? What about pre match, half time and injury time? 

15 hours ago, RFC55 said:

Join the BC mate.

@ForeverAndEver posted a link a page or two back 

I joined BC the start of this season actually enjoyed the games more when I have been in the section.

I am in the section that's going to be the new disabled area in CF3, rather than moving to the new section of the upper I have put my name down for the singing section. From the email a got back I think I have a decent chance of getting in it. 

Asked in the email how likely I am and if safe standing will be a thing.

That's the reply a got.

Supporters who apply are committing to attend all home matches where possible and providing vocal support to the team before and during matches. The selection criteria, to be finalised after supporter feedback and consultation with the Copland Moves Engagement Working Group, will likely include factors such as participation in previous singing section trials, current seat location, historical attendance, and active contribution to singing section activities. The final decision on the selection of supporters for the singing section will be made by the club.

Asked about safe standing happening they said its no immediate plans for it in any area of Ibrox but they will continue to investigate it in the medium term.

13 hours ago, RFCRYAN1872 said:

I joined BC the start of this season actually enjoyed the games more when I have been in the section.

I am in the section that's going to be the new disabled area in CF3, rather than moving to the new section of the upper I have put my name down for the singing section. From the email a got back I think I have a decent chance of getting in it. 

Asked in the email how likely I am and if safe standing will be a thing.

That's the reply a got.

Supporters who apply are committing to attend all home matches where possible and providing vocal support to the team before and during matches. The selection criteria, to be finalised after supporter feedback and consultation with the Copland Moves Engagement Working Group, will likely include factors such as participation in previous singing section trials, current seat location, historical attendance, and active contribution to singing section activities. The final decision on the selection of supporters for the singing section will be made by the club.

Asked about safe standing happening they said its no immediate plans for it in any area of Ibrox but they will continue to investigate it in the medium term.

That’s the exact same reply I got when I emailed to join mate.

Must be the same generic email they’re sending to everyone who applies.

I’ve been in BF1 more than ten years, never joined any of the groups but  would like to think I’m in with a chance of a move. Lads I know from UB told me I need to join BC will do that at the next home game when the stalls open. 

be gutted to be left behind after more than a decade of madness 🤣