New Singing Section in Copland Stand

29 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Does depend on the country too I suppose, away days aren't really a done thing in Spain.

But in terms of other rivalries and derbies around the world, 8k to the visitors isn't really seen much as I've said.

Following similar countries around us, a European Allocation of about 3,500 is decent/normal for that size of game.

Plenty of teams came to Ibrox with those numbers and have generated noise etc.

I honestly don't see a way back to them getting a full stand, displaces too many Rangers supporters.

What similar countries?

Displacing too many Rangers supporters didn’t seem much of a problem until we became unbelievably bad for a period of time.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

What similar countries?

Displacing too many Rangers supporters didn’t seem much of a problem until we became unbelievably bad for a period of time.

You’re young mate so won’t remember but there had been loads of clamour to have them out for a long long time. They were banned under Murray for a period as well 

Is there a proposed design we can see of this?

Anything that increases numbers is a good thing, although i can see the frustration of those being moved, from where they have been seated for a long time.

2 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

You don't need large numbers for it to be combative though, it still would be with the European Allocation for example.

The SuperClasico is mental and they don't get as big allocations for away supporters.

Combative, in the sense of an atmosphere, requires two sets of fans capable of being in combat. Which requires a large away support, and the larger the better.

Mate, there're plenty of arguments against having the old allocation, which I don't think can ever happen now, without arguing black is white on this one. The absolute distinctive element of the OF Derby that made it like nothing else was a large away support and the sheer hatred expressed by both large supports and between them. Anyone that's been to an OF game before the changes and after the changes and tells you it's as unique and distinctive experience is lying to themselves. Feels much more like a European fixture with a fair old sprinkling of hatred. That wasn't the case before. Felt very, very different.

3 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

You’re young mate so won’t remember but there had been loads of clamour to have them out for a long long time. They were banned under Murray for a period as well 

Even when we came back up mate, I genuinely don’t think I seen any complaints for the first season, only after the 3-2 game next season.

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Even when we came back up mate, I genuinely don’t think I seen any complaints for the first season, only after the 3-2 game next season.

People wanted them never back in for a long long time. Guys like @CanadianBacon who wrote for the fanzine wanted them out

24 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Us being pumped regularly and them overstepping the celebrations was absolutely one of the reasons for it, but it wasn’t the entire reasoning.

Them getting a full stand, while we get about a 3rd of one gives them a significant advantage. Thats the real reason they are desperate for ‘the good old days’.

11 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Us being pumped regularly and them overstepping the celebrations was absolutely one of the reasons for it, but it wasn’t the entire reasoning.

Them getting a full stand, while we get about a 3rd of one gives them a significant advantage. Thats the real reason they are desperate for ‘the good old days’.

Does it?

30 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Does it?

Of course it does.

Much more intimidating / supportive for the players, than having everyone in a corner.

And even on TV, we’re barely shown while the cameras can’t help but see them with a full stand.

Everything is fine margins, but the old way was undoubtably better for them than us. 

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

There's always been Rangers fans that didn't agree with supporters being displaced in such numbers to accommodate that lot mate.

Particularly with the Broomloan being the "family stand" it pissed a lot of people off.

The catalyst was definitely them overstepping the mark etc, but then with that taken away, all those other issues have came back to the surface and it's no longer a case of just reinstate what was once there before.

16 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Of course it does.

Much more intimidating / supportive for the players, than having everyone in a corner.

And even on TV, we’re barely shown while the cameras can’t help but see them with a full stand.

Everything is fine margins, but the old way was undoubtably better for them than us. 

In the 6 seasons before we got demoted, they won twice at Ibrox. They’ve won more since the allocations were cut. In that same time, we won 3 times at the Piggery. Some significant advantage. 

We got pretty much right up to their goal, that’s hardly everyone in a corner. 

Anybody that cares about being seen on TV is weird.

10 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

In the 6 seasons before we got demoted, they won twice at Ibrox. They’ve won more since the allocations were cut. In that same time, we won 3 times at the Piggery. Some significant advantage. 

We got pretty much right up to their goal, that’s hardly everyone in a corner. 

Anybody that cares about being seen on TV is weird.

It’s changed times, and we’re not the dominant force we were. Need to make any marginal gains we can now.

Why do you think that the Club are moving the UBs from a corner to behind a goal?

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

It’s changed times, and we’re not the dominant force we were. Need to make any marginal gains we can now.

Why do you think that the Club are moving the UBs from a corner to behind a goal?

We weren’t really a dominant force then either. 

Looks better and it spreads the atmosphere more

good changes even if it is disruptive for a while. it'll all get sorted out and it's good to see more access to disabled people. kinda off topic but is this just for wheelchairs or for anyone with a disability. my little nephew has autism and loves watching Rangers but being in a crowd is over stimulating for him and he can't really sit still for long. having a bit of open space would be a huge help.

if we're making changes to copland and sandy jardine stand why not broomloan too? hopefully more capacity increases to come in the future.

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

We weren’t really a dominant force then either. 

Looks better and it spreads the atmosphere more

Exactly why we shouldn’t give them a stand, without it being reciprocated. 

5 hours ago, Assegai said:

I'm right on the edge of SE2 and SE3 so happy to have the noise closer to us. I agree that it would be great to have singing sections at each of the stadium behind the goal.

I don't think TIFOs will look so good from where I am though as the angle is a bit more acute.

I’m in CD2 so won’t get that good a view of them either, but we can put that down as one of the most unimportant consequences of a move.

1 hour ago, Loyal72 said:

Used to be a saying, If the Copland sings, Ibrox sings.

Hopefully that can be true again.

Proper Rangers end 💙

Lol, I remember being an Enclosure Loyal and singing “ can you hear the Copeland sing” during large parts of the 80s, just to get them going, loved the enclosure at that time.

4 hours ago, RFC55 said:

Id rather keep it with 800 or at most euro allocations. 

they deny the fucking thing exists so why would we give them 8k seats? It’s one club who want that, there are 7k or so season ticket holders in Broomy now so they can get the euro allocation 800 or fuck all.

Aye , the fact this arguement comes from their side says it all imo . 

Glad to see that the promised improvements for the Four Wheel Loyal are going ahead, great that they will have the best possible facilities and a great view as opposed to having to sit in the pissing rain in front of the Enclosure. The small increase in capacity is a bonus with the main priority obviously being the disabled facilities.

However, we all know, including the Board, that the capacity is insufficient and there has been talk of how to address this issue in a manner that will be significant, but of course as always it will come down to money, in the absence of a bored Saudi Prince throwing the required millions at us for a significant expansion then I fear that Ibrox will remain more or less as is for a good few years to come.