Talks for 750 fans at next two derby matches

Why even waste time discussing only 750 tickets?

750 tims at Ibrox means around another 750 seats (at least?) of segregation, increased stewarding and Police costs, disruption for our own fans, erection of tarrier barriers and listening to their bile.

750 of us at the piggery means the usual suspects who get every single away ticket will get a brief.

With Aberdeen and Hearts etc also cutting away allocations, it means we're going to be stuck with a few tickets for St Johnstone (relegation?), Killie, maybe Easter Rd and a few at Love St each year as our lot. If they see a demand for more home tickets, then those will be cut too.

Honestly wouldn't bother me if I never saw tim fans in Ibrox, or set foot in the piggery again. 

4 hours ago, left winger said:

So, in my mind the euro allocation gives us the balance between the two points of view. More Rangers fans get to see us Ibrox, but the opportunity to see us at their place still exists. 

By entering a euro competition, you agree to volumes of rules. One of those rules is the minimum of 5% away fans. 

3 hours ago, King Jela said:

I don't agree. Don't think it's worth that at all. Especially when it's in a tiny corner and bottle throwing practise for tarriers, which would only intensify under the circumstances you described. 

I think it's mental putting the 750 at risk. 

Are Rangers fans any more or less at risk of being scudded with something if there’s more people?

33 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

750 tims at Ibrox means around another 750 seats (at least?) of segregation, increased stewarding and Police costs, disruption for our own fans, erection of tarrier barriers and listening to their bile.

750 of us at the piggery means the usual suspects who get every single away ticket will get a brief.

With Aberdeen and Hearts etc also cutting away allocations, it means we're going to be stuck with a few tickets for St Johnstone (relegation?), Killie, maybe Easter Rd and a few at Love St each year as our lot. If they see a demand for more home tickets, then those will be cut too.

Honestly wouldn't bother me if I never saw tim fans in Ibrox, or set foot in the piggery again. 

I like having somewhere to vent my bile at.

8 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

I answered, you just repeated the question 

Because you never answered it :lol:

You asked if fans should get a say for this one coming as if its been different to the last 3. So whats the difference? And your answer was "it should be different every time" not explaining what you meant at all. 

2 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

You saying the MyGers loyalty scheme not working 

On 16/01/2024 at 11:01, Bad Robot said:

Have our ‘competent’ footballing authorities created a rule yet so clubs can be penalised for withdrawing their obligations to allow for away fans?

They were half way there, they had the rule - but no way to enforce it.

15 hours ago, left winger said:

It's just some of our fans either way. If they get the same as everyone else it's approx 1700 of our fans that don't get away tickets and if its euro allocations it's approx 1700 of our fans who don't get home tickets.

Have I got this correct, you want 1700 of our fans to go without tickets for Ibrox so that 1700 of other Rangers fans can pay the tims money to get into Parkhead?

15 hours ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

You're lucky if you get 500 match going away fans with a ticket to their place these days, that's not catering to our away fans at all

Did you mean our travelling support?   I assumed you meant away teams' fans.  I would always put our home support first and foremost.   I thought it was 800 tickets we got for their dump.

7 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

The scum have no desire for the euro allocation and even if they did get it they would still cry for the broomloan. It wouldn't solve fuck all.

That’s not true though in terms of their support. Anyone I have spoke to that supports that lot just want any tickets they can get their hands on, they were even annoyed their club didn’t accept the 800 we did offer in September 

11 hours ago, MacBoyd said:

The scum have no desire for the euro allocation and even if they did get it they would still cry for the broomloan. It wouldn't solve fuck all.

The tarriers are the ones being difficult here, not us. Wouldn’t surprise me if they reacted with that statement to STV on Tuesday night due to the fact it looked like they were backing down by accepting the 750 in April. In fact I’m sure it was! 👍🏻

7 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Did you mean our travelling support?   I assumed you meant away teams' fans.  I would always put our home support first and foremost.   I thought it was 800 tickets we got for their dump.

500 of which will go to mygers ballot for the everyday fan. Rest will go to players families and the club etc 

Have I got this correct, you want 1700 of our fans to go without tickets for Ibrox so that 1700 of other Rangers fans can pay the tims money to get into Parkhead?

Im 100% certain you know what I’m saying, but for clarity I’ll say it again. I think the game is better with fans from both sides.  And I think it would be better with the euro allocation, rather than the 700/800. Having been to my first one over 40 years ago, I think I’ve got a reasonable amount of experience to form that opinion.

If that means that the very recent allocations at these games go to 2,500 approx, then that obviously some who have had tickets over the last few season won’t get tickets - so be it. (Lots of fans didn’t get tickets for Manchester or Seville, lots wont get them for finals and semifinals against them. That’s the nature of supporting a team with a large support). It also means that approx 5,000 more Rangers fans get tickets than usually got them - over a considerable period of time.

Euro allocations also mean a reasonable support for the team at their place, and let’s fans get a decent chance of a ticket. Now I don’t know if you’ve been to a victory at their place - it’s the best domestic victory in a season, excepting cup finals and league winning matches. I didn’t get a ticket when we won the league there, but I doubt there’s been as good a domestic match for a Rangers fan to attend in the last 50 years - you don’t want that.

As an aside, if you go to a cup game against them, even at Ibrox, you pay them money. You do know that, don’t you?  Or do you boycott them?

I don’t get this argument . Rangers supporters are always going to want to go to Parkhead and support Rangers when we play there . It’s not about giving them money . It’s about supporting the team in our biggest away game of the season

7 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

I don’t get this argument . Rangers supporters are always going to want to go to Parkhead and support Rangers when we play there . It’s not about giving them money . It’s about supporting the team in our biggest away game of the season

Cup games when pots are split etc too 

8 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

But our home support wouldn't miss out with European allocations

It is 800 but players and sponsors take up a good number of them