Injury crisis (again)

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Didn’t realise he was injured for Ayr, but still had King who can play there. 

With him seemingly playing in a different position now, can't see King playing another game at us for CB if ever again.

8 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

If we had someone decent to rotate him with he would have been I'm sure. Look how many times he's tried to rest Yilmaz this year.

We did, but we needed to use him further up the pitch and now he's injured

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

He's hardly played but I'd wager he will be better than Dessers. Wouldn't be hard mind you

He took about 20 touches in the box whenever he got a chance. He's never going to be a penalty box striker. If Dessers isn't good enough, neither is Danilo. Danilo just avoided the criticism by being unavailable for most of Beale's worst games.

37 minutes ago, Southsider said:

When available, Roofe is our most clinical striker 

Obviously "when available" is doing some heavy lifting there

When’s the last time he was clinical?

Dessers is also 2 goals off Roofe’s most ‘clinical’ season.

4 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

When’s the last time he was clinical?

Dessers is also 2 goals off Roofe’s most ‘clinical’ season.

When he scored the winner against Betis.  

I can't really believe that having watched both players, you can't spot the fact that Roofe is a better finisher than Dessers.

Problem is he's hardly ever fit, which may have had a bit of an effect on his stats

Danilo is 10x the player Dessers could only dream of becoming. 

He was rusty coming back from a severe head injury whilst playing with a mask, but I've seen enough to see he has better ball control and movement and can actually head a ball (something you expect from a striker, which Dessers is poor at). Yes, he missed a few golden opportunities, but he will put them away when fully fit.

Expecting big things from him next year if he can stay injury-free.

9 hours ago, Southsider said:

I can't really believe that having watched both players, you can't spot the fact that Roofe is a better finisher than Dessers.

Problem is he's hardly ever fit, which may have had a bit of an effect on his stats

Roofer’s best is better than Dessers, but his best is so far behind him, it’s irrelevant 

9 hours ago, Southsider said:

Roofes best return ever was 18 goals. He’s finished now. He may have been a better finisher before but he was hardly prolific.

8 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Danilo is 10x the player Dessers could only dream of becoming. 

He was rusty coming back from a severe head injury whilst playing with a mask, but I've seen enough to see he has better ball control and movement and can actually head a ball (something you expect from a striker, which Dessers is poor at). Yes, he missed a few golden opportunities, but he will put them away when fully fit.

Expecting big things from him next year if he can stay injury-free.

Whether folk agree with you or not, what’s sad is folk writing Danilio off already 🤷‍♂️

Roofe - when fit and firing - was the best striker in Scotland.

Problem is..... It's all one being that when you are almost never fit and firing.

For >50% of his time at Rangers, a 40yr old me would have contributed just as much (i.e. absolutely fuck all).

That said, I'm unconvinced Roofe will ever get back to his best..... Or has the heart to even try.

1 hour ago, Badger said:

Roofe - when fit and firing - was the best striker in Scotland.

Problem is..... It's all one being that when you are almost never fit and firing.

For >50% of his time at Rangers, a 40yr old me would have contributed just as much (i.e. absolutely fuck all).

That said, I'm unconvinced Roofe will ever get back to his best..... Or has the heart to even try.

Yeah agree - he also looks like he can’t really run, like he’d permanently hobbling - absolutely zero chance we offer him another contract.

2 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

Hoping, forlornly, that Sterling isn’t a serious one.

I’m hoping it’s a good sign the manager mentioned checking Serling and Mcausland for Thursday’s game. If it was really bad at the end of the hibs game he wouldn’t have mentioned Thursday.