Injury crisis (again)

We’re in dire need of the international break. Long way to go in this season but I can’t wait to see what we do in the summer, especially around the medical area of the club. We’ve always had injuries but the past 2 seasons not even one of them could run the place as bad as it’s been. 

The manager will be desperate for two wins this week and then my hope is Cantwell, Matondo, Sterling, and McCausland are fit for the 30th with Sima hopefully in the squad. 

1 minute ago, MacBoyd said:

Bullshit was only a point or 2 in it, the dropped points to Dundee away Motherwell at home and defeat to them at ibrox did it

There was 6 points in it in January before we played Dortmund. We fucked it against Aberdeen and Ross County in winning positions and then had to go to their dump 2 points ahead instead of 6. Completely different dynamic at that point and we shat the bed. They barely dropped a point after that.

Had we not been playing in Europe we still wouldn't have won the league.

54 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

It's not as bad as we think because of the manager. 

Any other time we would be a fucking mess and winning nothing. 

The injury list is just stupid and made even worse because of the previous summer transfer window. 

I don't disagree, but I doubt this squad wins much without Clement, even if everyone is fit.

The thing is, the reason guys like Clement are successful is because they do want to win everything and while as fans we may want him to prioritise the league over Europe, I doubt he will

6 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

There was 6 points in it in January before we played Dortmund. We fucked it against Aberdeen and Ross County in winning positions and then had to go to their dump 2 points ahead instead of 6. Completely different dynamic at that point and we shat the bed. They barely dropped a point after that.

Had we not been playing in Europe we still wouldn't have won the league.

Yeah but it obviously wasn't over, I doubt we'd of won it either but my point is there is a clear sequence of it no leading to league champions 

2 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Yeah but it obviously wasn't over, I doubt we'd of won it either but my point is there is a clear sequence of it no leading to league champions 

It had no impact. The majority of the points we dropped after the break was a 4 week period that started before we played in Dortmund. Winning positions lost against Aberdeen, Ross County and Motherwell. We missed a shit load of chances against Dundee United.

The tarriers beat us at Ibrox after an international break. That effectively ended it.

We went to extra time twice in a week after Leipzig and the final and won in the Scottish cup. Blaming Europe is a cheap excuse for us shitting the bed in the league.

28 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Bullshit was only a point or 2 in it, the dropped points to Dundee away Motherwell at home and defeat to them at ibrox did it

Which one of those games did we drop points due to fatigue or playing too many games?

1 hour ago, BlueboyG said:

A lot of folk wanted Lundstram rested last night as he looked fucked in Portugal, he was excellent and went on to win MOM.

Lundstrum played well, but he looked really tired for spells of the game. If we keep playing him he's going to break down soon.

13 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

We beat Dundee away..

Dundee United pretty sure played them after a euro game. Either way if you don't think playing big matches on a Thursday night can have an impact physically and mentally especially this year with our injury crisis then good luck to you.

5 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Dundee United pretty sure played them after a euro game. Either way if you don't think playing big matches on a Thursday night can have an impact physically and mentally especially this year with our injury crisis then good luck to you.

We drew with Dundee Utd away on the Sunday after beating Dortmund away on the Thursday I think.

I just hope this season isn't a case of what if. The players clearly aren't fit enough to play how the manager wants to play. I don't blame beale for that just different managers play different styles. Same happened with klopp at Liverpool in the beginning. 

4 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

We've played 11 games in Europe this season, 10 last season, and 19 the season before that. If players are too tired to play after these games they shouldn't be at Rangers.

39 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

We played Annan athletic the week before without most of the first choice 11. They were well rested.

It’s not how it works. You don’t just fully recover back to peak in a week. There’s all sorts of research on this stuff - repeated muscle microtrauma that happens with each game, CNS fatigue, increased injury risk, inflammation etc

All that can affect performance as well as injury risk.

Just a nonsense to say that it has no effects.

There’s a reason top managers rotate players when they can.

And some of our players like Tav and Lundstrum will have played as many minutes as anyone in European football post the winter break.

6 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

We've played 11 games in Europe this season, 10 last season, and 19 the season before that. If players are too tired to play after these games they shouldn't be at Rangers.

So every player then?

4 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Are they too tired to play two games a week?

You watch us and seen how we press now under PC as well? You saw how celtic were saved by the winter break farce under Postecoglou. They would have been cooked if they ever had European football after Xmas.

You just think we can play a high intensity press with the same players twice a week and have no impact on injuries, fatigue and performance?!

Same thing happened with Arsenal last season. 

10 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

It’s not how it works. You don’t just fully recover back to peak in a week. There’s all sorts of research on this stuff - repeated muscle microtrauma that happens with each game, CNS fatigue, increased injury risk, inflammation etc

All that can affect performance as well as injury risk.

Just a nonsense to say that it has no effects.

There’s a reason top managers rotate players when they can.

And some of our players like Tav and Lundstrum will have played as many minutes as anyone in European football post the winter break.

Neither of them are internationals.

At that stage of the season we'd just come out of a winter break and we had 2 cup games against cannon fodder. Had we lost the league because of points dropped later on the season when fatigue really should set in, the run might have been a factor. 

We dropped most of the points before we played in Europe. Was that fatigue?

1 minute ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Neither of them are internationals.

At that stage of the season we'd just come out of a winter break and we had 2 cup games against cannon fodder. Had we lost the league because of points dropped later on the season when fatigue really should set in the run might have been a factor. 

We dropped most of the points before we played in Europe. Was that fatigue?

Are you mental?