Injury crisis (again)

10 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

celtic are pish.Ā 

The biggest risk to the title is our own success and the relentless fixtures and lack of squad depth catching up to us.

Ā 

Honestly losing on Thursday greatly increases our title hopes imo

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyļ»æArse said:

Studs got stuck in pitch in la manga, he had surgery which Clement said woukd kerp him out a long time. Not seen it confirmed but assume acl.

Oh yeah forgot that cheers

6 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

You seem to be getting an easy ride on here regarding your negativity.Ā 
Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Do you disagree with my comment? It fucked us is 2008 against a similarly uninspired celtic team and we had way less injuries, I am concerned about it.

20 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Do you disagree with my comment? It fucked us is 2008 against a similarly uninspired celtic team and we had way less injuries, I am concerned about it.

Having to play 6 games in 2 weeks fucked us.

Just now, Roy Hobbs said:

Having to play 6 games in 2 weeks fucked us.

Yes of course but all the games also took its toll. In my lifetime I've seen scottish teams reach the final 3 times, clearly all good sides to achieve that, all lost the title...

How many of our first team has to be out injured before folk accept that people who would prefer to prioritise competitions aren't being negative, and are just being honest and facing the reality of the situation that we're in? We were already in an injury crisis before we lose another 2 last night.

1 minute ago, SkylineBlue said:

How many of our first team has to be out injured before folk accept that people who would prefer to prioritise competitions aren't being negative, and are just being honest and facing the reality of the situation that we're in? We were already in an injury crisis before we lose another 2 last night.

I donā€™t even think itā€™s a case of being able to prioritise. Squad is absolutely fucked in the attacking 3rd.

LW - Sima, Cortes

AM - Cantwell, Dowell (+ Lawrence always seems right on the edge)

RW - Wright, McCausland, Sterling (+ Matondo just back after 6 weeks)

CF - Danilo

+ the likes of Jack, Balogun injuries in there too.

We simply donā€™t have the squad to rotate much. Our bench options last night were woeful. Borna and Raskin were the only real changes you could make, and both were hooked at 45 mins in their recent outings.Ā 

Concerning as it is, we do need to keep some perspective.

The defence is settled and losing few goals.Ā  Central midfield is also pretty settled and looks strong.Ā  Left side of the attack has Silva, Matondo, Lawrence with Sima back in training.Ā  Cantwell is back soon as well at no 10.Ā  Dessers and Roofe at CF isn't great, but much the same as most of the season.Ā  Yes, right side of the attack is a shitshow, but things aren't maybe as bad as we might think

2 minutes ago, Southsider said:

Concerning as it is, we do need to keep some perspective.

The defence is settled and losing few goals.Ā  Central midfield is also pretty settled and looks strong.Ā  Left side of the attack has Silva, Matondo, Lawrence with Sima back in training.Ā  Cantwell is back soon as well atbno 10.Ā  Dessers and Roofe at CF isn't great, but much the same as most of the season.Ā  Yes, right side of the attack is a shitshow, but things aren't maybe as bad as we might think

It's not as bad as we think because of the manager.Ā 

Any other time we would be a fucking mess and winning nothing.Ā 

The injury list is just stupid and made even worse because of the previous summer transfer window.Ā 

Itā€™s a tricky one.

Playing this many matches without adequate recovery greatly increases injury risk + fatigue. Especially hamstring and quad muscle injuries (like Sterlingā€™s).

So playing in Europe hampers our title chances.Ā 

But then equally PC might feel we have enough depth and quality to win despite that.Ā 

The cup is a no brainer for me to go all out as weā€™re favourites to win it. And itā€™s only 2 matches.

The European equation is less clear. Another 5 midweek matches with travel for very slim odds of even reaching the final (20/1). So you risk so much for a slim shot at what would be one of the great days in our history.

No right answer imo but Iā€™d veer to securing the title and Scottish cup given the importance this year (and the money).

43 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Yes of course but all the games also took its toll. In my lifetime I've seen scottish teams reach the final 3 times, clearly all good sides to achieve that, all lost the title...

We'd thrown the title away before the Dortmund games.

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

The manager obvs has an idea behind the issues and hopefully with that and a change in signing policy, it lessens the amount of injuries.

He knows a proper pre season is needed. And probably a squad of players with a resilience and athleticism rather than perma injured ones.