Injury crisis (again)

1 hour ago, kelvd1873 said:

I’m hoping it’s a good sign the manager mentioned checking Serling and Mcausland for Thursday’s game. If it was really bad at the end of the hibs game he wouldn’t have mentioned Thursday. 

Problem with Sterling is he had an ice pack on it after Benfica and then pulled up against Hibs, I would be very surprised to see him this week at all.

Not sure what the injury is for McCausland, I know it came from the challenge against Motherwell but not sure what the issue is.

59 minutes ago, ayro said:

Problem with Sterling is he had an ice pack on it after Benfica and then pulled up against Hibs, I would be very surprised to see him this week at all.

Not sure what the injury is for McCausland, I know it came from the challenge against Motherwell but not sure what the issue is.

It'd be negligent to play Sterling given he'd an issue with his hammy the last 2 games.

I doubt he's available but even if he did declare himself fit I'm confident the gaffer wouldn't risk him again on Thursday.

23 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

It'd be negligent to play Sterling given he'd an issue with his hammy the last 2 games.

I doubt he's available but even if he did declare himself fit I'm confident the gaffer wouldn't risk him again on Thursday.

Yeah agreed, it’s that type of thing previous managers have done and not trusted in the ‘next man up’ philosophy that catches up with the player in question and puts a ceiling on other players as they aren’t deemed good enough.

11 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

Don’t know if that means Thursday or not. 

B0901749-3CF2-4772-ABE4-62091F1F95CC.png

Nah, he’ll be out for a while. You don’t go down and then off like that with a hammy and then be back in a couple of days time. Sure PC said something similar about Cortes and he’s out for the season. 

50 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Nah, he’ll be out for a while. You don’t go down and then off like that with a hammy and then be back in a couple of days time. Sure PC said something similar about Cortes and he’s out for the season. 

Would he post that if he was out for the season?

3 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

Would he post that if he was out for the season?

Cantwell had a similar wee emoji a few weeks back and there’s no sight of him either.

Too many try interpret pish cryptic social media posts. Hopefully he’s back in a few weeks, but I’d be surprised. 

29 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Cantwell had a similar wee emoji a few weeks back and there’s no sight of him either.

Too many try interpret pish cryptic social media posts. Hopefully he’s back in a few weeks, but I’d be surprised. 

We've played two games I think since that? There's no way they're posting this if their season is done. I expect we're looking at after the international break.

14 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

We've played two games I think since that? There's no way they're posting this if their season is done. I expect we're looking at after the international break.

I take it more as they don't need an operation and will recover naturally as such which is normally not that long. A rest followed by some strengthening exercises. 

Hopefully we will have a few back after the break.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

When does 8 days = a few weeks back??

Just now, Amokachi said:

Sky at the training ground there, Cantwell & McCausland out on the grass.  
No Sterling. 

Thats a bonus. Wonder if he’ll slot back in at 10, or have to cover wide?