Best Opposition Players in Recent European Era at Ibrox?

Thinking of seeing the likes of Di Maria (albeit a bit of a prick) at Ibrox later, got me thinking. Who have been the best opposition players we've seen at Ibrox in this amazing recent era of European success since the Gerrard days? Always remember likes of Del Piero, Mendieta, Riquelme when growing up, but have any stood out recently?

A few that spring to mind:

Bellingham

Firmino - thought he looked class that night to be fair

Salah - horrifyingly easy cameo vs Borna

Midfielder for Braga, maybe captain but can't remember his name?

There must be more, but probably testament to how well we've played at home that not many are standing out.

5 minutes ago, CoplandRoad83 said:

Thinking of seeing the likes of Di Maria (albeit a bit of a prick) at Ibrox later, got me thinking. Who have been the best opposition players we've seen at Ibrox in this amazing recent era of European success since the Gerrard days? Always remember likes of Del Piero, Mendieta, Riquelme when growing up, but have any stood out recently?

A few that spring to mind:

Bellingham

Firmino - thought he looked class that night to be fair

Salah - horrifyingly easy cameo vs Borna

Midfielder for Braga, maybe captain but can't remember his name?

There must be more, but probably testament to how well we've played at home that not many are standing out.

Bellingham is probably the standout for me in terms of ability and his attitude. A few of the 'big' names' attitudes have stunk, but he was spot on.

You don't sometimes appreciate how good these guys are until you see them in person

4 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Salah scored the fastest hatrick in European history against us off the bench, so he’s the answer 

6 mins ffs

a game most would rather forget tho 😂 but aye, if there's a right answer based on performance against us, it'd be him.

Bellingham is one of the best midfielders in the world, seeing him at Ibrox and loving the place, liking Ally McCoist, just him being starstruck with us, that's a better memory 😂

1 minute ago, Loyal72 said:

a game most would rather forget tho 😂 but aye, if there's a right answer based on performance against us, it'd be him.

Bellingham is one of the best midfielders in the world, seeing him at Ibrox and loving the place, liking Ally McCoist, just him being starstruck with us, that's a better memory 😂

Aye I prefer Bellingham personally but in terms of a player thinking Ibrox was a walk in the park it’s hard to see by a 6 min hatrick off the bench :lol:

1 minute ago, Assegai said:

Pepe was poor at Ibrox if I remember correctly but he was magnificent for Porto the other night - 41 years old!

Not entirely, pepe was brilliant the first first half when they played 3 at the back iirc, but an injury meant they switched to 4 at the back and he was less effective marking morelos in the 2nd half hence how we managed the win in the 2nd half

3 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Not entirely, pepe was brilliant the first first half when they played 3 at the back iirc, but an injury meant they switched to 4 at the back and he was less effective marking morelos in the 2nd half hence how we managed the win in the 2nd half

Thank you, my memory is not as clear as yours about it.

43 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Was Fransergio the Braga captain? Dominated us in that first half in the 3-2 game. 

He scored a beauty that night. I remember when the 2nd went in the boy in front of me got up and left 😂 He missed the carnage in the 2nd half. What a night