Running out of steam

11 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

You can add on over 600 minutes for Silva for International fixtures. Which includes training and travelling.

Aye but Tav has extra minutes against the mighty Dundee, Motherwell etc.

There's a reason you're the only one barking up that tree!

You can add all those up. And he still has 1,000 less minutes played than Tav.

You can have the top managers in the world talking about it.

But aye wtf do they know. These guys should be able to play every day. It’s only football ffs! Back in my day they would play 4 times a week and run up the dunes.

3 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

You can add all those up. And he still has 1,000 less minutes played than Tav.

You can have the top managers in the world talking about it.

But aye wtf do they know. These guys should be able to play every day. It’s only football ffs! Back in my day they would play 4 times a week and run up the dunes.

David Weir played 5300 minutes at the age of 37/38 once.

Behave yourself.

2 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Behave yourself.

It'll no doubt get mentioned the difference in position. However if Conor Goldson, for example, were to play every available minute left of the season (including two cup extra times) he will only have played 271 minutes more than 40 year old Davie Weir had in his last season.

Think it was just the 3 titles and 4 cups he won

Play guys who can actually play football, relying on the same shitebags week in week out , year in year out, what the fuck is the point , we are no doubt coughing up millions for guys that are continually injured season after season , one massive clearance is required get the charlatans out the club, fuck me it's Scottish Football we are talking about how we can't build a team that can fuck the jobbers week in week out is shocking.11 guys with a modicum of ability should be enough to win this league instead we recruit bottle merchants, until this changes we are fucked.

4 minutes ago, SPWF said:

It’s fucking insulting on every level to mention Connor Goldson in the same sentence as Davie Weir tbh. Weir is probably still a better defender at fifty odd than that useless sack of shite. 

Don't know if that was in reference to my post but I was only referencing Weir to Goldson because how dependable Weir was at 40 playing roughly the same minutes compared to Goldson who is nearly a decade younger and a much poorer medal haul despite being here for longer.

On different planets when it comes to Rangers players.

29 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Behave yourself.

😂 That would be the season where again we competed on multiple fronts.

And we won only 3 out our last 9 league matches.

That one aye?

Couldn’t have picked a better example. 
 We’d won 13 in a row before April. Then finished by winning only 3 in 9.

25 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

It'll no doubt get mentioned the difference in position. However if Conor Goldson, for example, were to play every available minute left of the season (including two cup extra times) he will only have played 271 minutes more than 40 year old Davie Weir had in his last season.

Think it was just the 3 titles and 4 cups he won

That would be the season where we also played a load of games. And also fell off a cliff around April. Hmmm

2 minutes ago, RDB14 said:

We were playing Ross County, not a team even close to our equal.  This is nonsense.

We got to a European final in 2008. And dropped points in 6 of our last 9 matches. Including teams like Dundee Utd, Hibs, Motherwell and Aberdeen.

All teams not close to being our equal.

Today was a shiter but the league isn't gone.

Effectively, the only thing that has changed today is a draw at Parkhead won us the league but now wins them the league.

If we win all of our games we win the title. Same for them. Either of us could still drop more points elsewhere to change that situation.

Given where we were in October I'll take a game at Parkhead decider for the title.

We fucked up today, they could fuck up at any time as well. 

3 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

That would be the season where we also played a load of games. And also fell off a cliff around April. Hmmm

He was also 40 and I'd hardly say he fell of a cliff, he was running a pretty tight ship at the back.

After we lost to Dundee Utd at Ibrox at the start of April we weren't behind for the rest of the season and conceded two goals in the last 10 games.

19 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Don't know if that was in reference to my post but I was only referencing Weir to Goldson because how dependable Weir was at 40 playing roughly the same minutes compared to Goldson who is nearly a decade younger and a much poorer medal haul despite being here for longer.

It was not in reference to your post but it just shows you how shite him and his stalwarts really are, been saddled with shitebags for nigh on 10 year and no sign of change. Need to employ someone who can identify guys who have the cajones who can handle playing for Rangers and the pressure that comes with that.

Running out of belief is the biggest issue. A team that believes finds a way to win games. To many of the usual suspects let us down once again. It's up to the manager to find a way to get them going again. I would like to think come Wednesday there will be at least five changes to the starting line up.

8 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Effectively, the only thing that has changed today is a draw at Parkhead won us the league but now wins them the league.

If we win all of our games we win the title. Same for them. Either of us could still drop more points elsewhere to change that situation.

Given where we were in October I'll take a game at Parkhead decider for the title.

If we can't beat Ross County, how do you expect us to win against the teams in the top six?

4 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

Running out of belief is the biggest issue. A team that believes finds a way to win games. To many of the usual suspects let us down once again. It's up to the manager to find a way to get them going again. I would like to think come Wednesday there will be at least five changes to the starting line up.

Clement has to be ruthless if he wants to save our season. 

Hopefully he's not happy to except second place knowing that it'll still be an improvement on where we were.

19 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

He was also 40 and I'd hardly say he fell of a cliff, he was running a pretty tight ship at the back.

After we lost to Dundee Utd at Ibrox at the start of April we weren't behind for the rest of the season and conceded two goals in the last 10 games.

I’m not singling out Weir for criticism. Somebody else brought him up as an example.

2008 showed a squad that didn’t suffer mentally or from quality, lose a title because of a ridiculous schedule.

This squad no doubt has a mentality problem. It has problems with depth and lack of quality as well.

But the amount of minutes we’ve asked guys like Tav and Lundstrum to play in really attritional positions has no doubt impacted their levels.

The league isn’t gone. We need to win instead of draw there now.

The worry for me is that our 3 key players look a shadow of the same players a few months ago.

Clement asks a lot of the squad in the way we play. Rightly so. But it is catching up to a few.

Whether the OP is correct or not, it's all irrelevant. Tav, Goldson etc could have played x minutes less, more same as anyone else, it makes no odds, they're serial losers and nothing is ever going to change that mindset. It's not physical fitness, nessecarily, that is their issue, its in their heads. They're not as good as they think they are. I personally don't think it makes a blind bit of difference how much or little they play, theyre shite and always will be. Sick of them all tbh.

4 minutes ago, five stars said:

Hopefully he's not happy to except second place knowing that it'll still be an improvement on where we were.

The only improvement we need is to sign players that have the balls to win one of the shiteist leagues in Europe, don't need the odd flash of so called brilliance then disappear for the next 10 games or more but serious professionals who give you their all in every game, that will do for me . Start from there and improve each year and you will get there,surely to fuck there are are young guys at Rangers who will never see the light of day getting held back by the frauds in front of them. 

12 minutes ago, five stars said:

Second is last. One more season of that and he is gone. I would suggest to him he gets ruthless and gets rid of the shite if which there is a lot. Not sure Clements tenure we end well.

42 minutes ago, Broxi said:

The last time we won there with fans in was 2019.

We had midfielders like Jack,Kamara and Davis.

We had Kent, Morelos and Aribo in their pomp

We basically had the defence we had the now but four years younger.

We were better coached and far more organised.

This team we have now is an absolute shitshow and anyone confident of a result there is absolutely deluded.