Running out of steam

4 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

Our players will absolutely wilt under the pressure of 60,000 at Parkhead and its giving me the fear thinking about it. Lose an early goal and it will be a hiding

Not been this downhearted about a trip there since our first few seasons back up. 

29 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

Our players will absolutely wilt under the pressure of 60,000 at Parkhead and its giving me the fear thinking about it. Lose an early goal and it will be a hiding

We're gettimg close to the Warburton, Pedro and Murty days against them now.

15 hours ago, OrangeRab said:

We got to a European final in 2008. And dropped points in 6 of our last 9 matches. Including teams like Dundee Utd, Hibs, Motherwell and Aberdeen.

All teams not close to being our equal.

We aren't in European competition at the moment and just had a week off... not exactly the same.  

I do think we have a small squad and probably could do with managing players work loads better. We were looking leggy before the international break - although that gave a chance for some down time. I don't think we've looked as tired the last few weeks.

We are out of form exactly when we don't need to be though. It's long been a problem for us after breaks.

6 minutes ago, Badger said:

I do think we have a small squad and probably could do with managing players work loads better. We were looking leggy before the international break - although that gave a chance for some down time. I don't think we've looked as tired the last few weeks.

We are out of form exactly when we don't need to be though. It's long been a problem for us after breaks.

We have of close to 30 first team players and the biggest wage bill in the country. Literally the exact opposite of a small squad. 

The issue is the return we’re getting on those players. You’ve got close to or over 200k a week sitting on the bench, in the stands or a waste of money in Davies, Roofe, Jack, Matondo, Danilo, Dowell, McLaughlin, Raskin, and Wright. 

That’s 9 players doing quite literally nothing and have done for the vast majority of the season. 

Now I've slept on it, it's definitely not running out of steam. There's a mentality issue and too many duds/injury prone/never was players stealing a wage. You're never going to win a league with a front man that needs about 5 chances before he scores. 

Some damning "milestones" achieved in the last 7 weeks as well. Motherwell winning at Ibrox in the Prem for the first time since 1997, Ross County beating us for the first time ever, 1 point out of 9 in OF games. With Motherwell and RC, it wasn't a case that they got a lucky break, they actually played well and attacked at us at will.

All that that combined is never going to win you a league. We're lucky the scum had a blip or we'd have been well out of sight by now

Some of it is quality. Some of its mentality. Some of its is injuries and replacements falling short of what’s required.

Some of it is how much game time some of the older players have been asked to play.

It’s not just a case of having a week off and you’re back to fully fresh.

It’s the compounding effects of playing twice a week for a full season.

It’s the build up of niggles, of micro trauma in muscles. It’s the mental and physical burnout.

It’s the inability to train the same way you can when you only play once a week. 

County, celtic, Motherwell games all had lack of quality and mentality.

But there’s no doubt guys like Tav and Lundstrum aren’t playing with the same intensity and physicality they had earlier in the season.

They look completely different players. Some of that is down to the insane amount of football they’ve played. That nobody else in Europe has.

And when Tav, Goldson and Lundstrum perform shite. We tend to play shite

25 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Some of it is quality. Some of its mentality. Some of its is injuries and replacements falling short of what’s required.

Some of it is how much game time some of the older players have been asked to play.

It’s not just a case of having a week off and you’re back to fully fresh.

It’s the compounding effects of playing twice a week for a full season.

It’s the build up of niggles, of micro trauma in muscles. It’s the mental and physical burnout.

It’s the inability to train the same way you can when you only play once a week. 

County, celtic, Motherwell games all had lack of quality and mentality.

But there’s no doubt guys like Tav and Lundstrum aren’t playing with the same intensity and physicality they had earlier in the season.

They look completely different players. Some of that is down to the insane amount of football they’ve played. That nobody else in Europe has.

And when Tav, Goldson and Lundstrum perform shite. We tend to play shite

Gabriel at Arsenal has played more minutes than Goldson and Lundstram, which included travelling to South America to play in international breaks whilst those 3 get 2 week breaks at a time.

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

:lol:

wtf is this nonsense.

That’ll do me until after the Dundee game

There are plenty of fans who expect them to scud us now. Almost no one has confidence we can beat them; just blind faith. Particularly at their dump. When was the last time that was the case?