Moving forward

For a team in a league title race we need to start games much better and be on it from the first whistle.

Some of the squad look like they are happy to just stroll about the pitch with no real urgency or thinking the job is done at one goal up.

Happened numerous times this season then we suddenly spring into action & start to have a real go at the other team. Against the filth we get away with it but could have easily lost that game in the 1st half.

Whole squad needs to find a killer mentality and stop this relaxed approach and roll up the sleeves when it's needed at times on the park.

7 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I’ve not given up on the league yet.

In my eyes we were never going to be good enough to go to celtic park and play for a draw, so not a whole lots changed in terms of what we need. Yesterday was an absolute shit show so can’t be bothered getting into that, but as long as the next old firm can take us top with a win I will keep believing, however unlikely it is that we’ll win there 

They haven’t played anyone decent themselves since Hearts beat them and apparently their first half on Saturday was grim again, so I am not convinced they’re now some winning machine. 

Won’t bother posting too much until we beat Dundee because this place actually makes a bad result seem 100x worse than it seems when you just process it in your own mind

:thumbup:

Top post mate .... 

Just finished watching the game back again .... I know Insanity ... but looking for an answer to soothe my fucking soul ..... and it was not as bad as the first time I watched it other than the result of course.

Your post reflects how we should approach all the next games and never surrender until it is mathematically impossible to rule us out .... or there is no point at all.

🇬🇧

12 hours ago, RFC55 said:

Let’s hope that the players don’t think this way. 

its a massive massive task now but we need to not have the mindset it’s gone till it’s gone. No team has ever won 5 out of 5 in the split which obviously doesn’t help us but it actually does show that if we can keep at it then we can do it.

i was at ibrox the year they “won the league at ibrox” sadly for them they never and we were champions 3 games later.

not trying to polish a turd cause yesterday was fucking despicable but it’s still there to try and win and I hope they can at least muster something starting on Wednesday 

It’s not over until it’s mathematically out of our reach but even the most ardent of optimist can’t believe we’ll do it.

The objective is still the same….beat each team we come up against.

Clement needs to perform a miracle to spur this team into gear, according to him yesterday he told them the first half wasn’t good enough and we then capitulate so I can’t see the same culprits producing their A game on Wednesday.

The problem is we have no quality in depth so dropping our best players who are bang out of form will lead to them being replaced by lesser players but maybe they will have the fight and work rate needed at this stage to just get the results.

I was thinking earlier drop Tav for Sterling, drop Barisic for Sterling, drop Lundstram for Sterling and Dowell for Sterling…..he has the right attitude, fight and is a good player but he can only play in one position so who the fuck are the other options other than sticking with the usual shite and hoping Clement has managed to motivate them somehow.

1 minute ago, Unionblue said:

fucking intae them

Look at the starting XI that day:

Klos, Porrini, Amoruso, Vidmar, Hendry, Van Bronckhorst, Albertz, McCann, Reyna, Wallace, Amato.

Subs: Niemi, McInnes, Johansson, Wilson, Riccio

What would you give for Porrini, Amo, Gio, the hammer, McCann, Reyna and Wallace. Even McInnes and johansson on the bench would do better than lundstram and Dessers comfortably.

The one defender, Souttar, who has shown an appetite for carrying the ball up the field, has been co-opted into the game of ring around the rosy that Tav, Goldson, Barisic and Lundstram have been running for years.

Bassey was the one player who would say fuck it I’m charging, and we damn near won a European trophy with the guy.

How many times do we hear “we need two players for every position “

the usual suspects get a free ride as there has been no pre-planned recruitment to ensure players know if they fuck up there’s someone straining at the leash to take their place. 

Our recruitment to create a hungry internally competitive squad has been abysmal. 

Tav, Goldson, Lundstram and to a certain extent Souter and Dessers know they can’t be dropped - not because they are invaluable but because there’s actually nobody else.  

So they get comfy knowing they will play every week knowing there’s nobody fighting hard for their jersey. 

Our injuries haven’t helped but when everyone is fit there’s still no real competition, the quality is just not there.