Jump to content

Moving forward


Recommended Posts

Not shocked we blew it but still shocked at the manner of the performance yesterday. 
 

The reality is we were probably in a position we shouldn’t have been in with this group of players - at the end of the day they don’t have the talent or mentality to take us to the title. You’re always looking ahead thinking which game or games are they going to fuck this up in. 
 

Scottish Cup still there but looking ahead it’s worryingly bad the state we are in. 
 

There’s pretty much none of this existing squad you’d be sorry to see leave and the job Clement has got is huge. Nothing sellable apart from Butland and celtic pocketing millions again from the CL. 
 

They are in one cunt of a strong position and just need to do enough to stay ahead of us while we face another huge overhaul of Beales mess. Diomande, Cortes possibly and Danilo may be a start but we need quality added and it’s got to work from the off. 
 

There’s a strong chance we’ll start next season with Tav, Goldson and Lundstrum still there and it screams failure again 

See what this lot have got in the remaining games as Tav said it’s time they stepped up ! 
 

Very good Tav - Dundee 2 Rangers 2 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly i think we are at a point where there is no moving forward with the same bunch of spineless players. Instead of getting brave for saving the OF game in added time, they once again proved that they just cannot deal with the pressure of being in a title race. The previous months expecations were zero with the 7 points gap, last month it started to twist and they blew it 3 times already. No leadership whatsoever, no urgency, nothing. Just pure panic and shitting the bed. Saint Johnstone levels of mental strenght. Pricks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RFC55 said:

Let’s hope that the players don’t think this way. 
 

its a massive massive task now but we need to not have the mindset it’s gone till it’s gone. No team has ever won 5 out of 5 in the split which obviously doesn’t help us but it actually does show that if we can keep at it then we can do it.

i was at ibrox the year they “won the league at ibrox” sadly for them they never and we were champions 3 games later.

not trying to polish a turd cause yesterday was fucking despicable but it’s still there to try and win and I hope they can at least muster something starting on Wednesday 

That's a fair point, I can't see it but there is a reasonable chance celtic can drop points.

Link to post
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

I really can’t see us winning it now mate but whilst there’s a chance then what’s the point in just giving up? 

Exactly, we are in the same place that celtic were before yesterday where alot had gave up on us anyway. There's too much fear about parkhead, we have to believe we can beat them.

Link to post
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Well there’s a chance mate I’ve just got to believe. Has to start by beating Dundee and comfortably.

ive had lots of thoughts over the last 16 hours or so. The players do need some blame but clement needs to pick his best side. Dowell from nowhere starting was wild, last weeks team was pretty wild as well. He’s imo not showing respect to the other teams by thinking he can fanny about keeping players for other games etc. we aren’t good enough to not start our strongest side. We should have enough to beat county but we’ve seen it far too many times over the years we need our strongest side out, some of our squad players would only be squad players at the other teams in the league and that should never be the case.

im deflated as fuck but it’s still possible and until another set of dropped points with them winning happens then I’ll just need to keep hoping 

Aye, sums up where I'm at with it. I don't see the point in turning up to Ibrox already being defeated, got to believe something will happen. 

We're so open in the middle of the park. I think it's been noticeable since Sterling was moved out of there/injured IMO, but our defensive record was strong for the first few months of Clement as well and now it has regressed massively.

We simply can't let them off the hook by dropping off though. Got to regroup.

Link to post
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

I really can’t see us winning it now mate but whilst there’s a chance then what’s the point in just giving up? 

I mean we've done it before, so we know it's not impossible. It's just very hard to believe this squad of crap can actually do what squads in the past have done and drag themselves to the title on the last day. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Well there’s a chance mate I’ve just got to believe. Has to start by beating Dundee and comfortably.

ive had lots of thoughts over the last 16 hours or so. The players do need some blame but clement needs to pick his best side. Dowell from nowhere starting was wild, last weeks team was pretty wild as well. He’s imo not showing respect to the other teams by thinking he can fanny about keeping players for other games etc. we aren’t good enough to not start our strongest side. We should have enough to beat county but we’ve seen it far too many times over the years we need our strongest side out, some of our squad players would only be squad players at the other teams in the league and that should never be the case.

im deflated as fuck but it’s still possible and until another set of dropped points with them winning happens then I’ll just need to keep hoping 

If anything the more players becoming available like Dowell has given him a selection headache and he’s overthinking it by trying to balance game play with fitness.

Sounds simplistic but get the strongest 11 on the pitch and go for the throat from the first whistle, we have been too passive in recent weeks, this is the time of the season for everyone at the club to deliver.

Like you, gutted over the last 24 hours but the only way to get around that is lifting it for Wednesday and getting the 3 points.

Link to post
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ayro said:

If anything the more players becoming available like Dowell has given him a selection headache and he’s overthinking it by trying to balance game play with fitness.

Bingo. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Suppose yesterdays gone now and all you can do is look at what is required from now on.  Hope against hope. I certainly think there is still the possibility celtic can drop more points against others. The problem is you just know we will drop more also. Deep down most of us were probably waiting for yesterdays performance, its what this team does under pressure. It was absolutely pathetic. Never a team that was going for the title. I said yesterday that subconsciously a lot of our players dont like being in this position, pressure on with every mistake punished. It terrifies them. They would much rather participate in dead rubbers and unfortunately you get the feeling they will soon be in their comfort zone doing just that. Wankers to be honest, but there you are.

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, MurrayWilson said:

Suppose yesterdays gone now and all you can do is look at what is required from now on.  Hope against hope. I certainly think there is still the possibility celtic can drop more points against others. The problem is you just know we will drop more also. Deep down most of us were probably waiting for yesterdays performance, its what this team does under pressure. It was absolutely pathetic. Never a team that was going for the title. I said yesterday that subconsciously a lot of our players dont like being in this position, pressure on with every mistake punished. It terrifies them. They would much rather participate in dead rubbers and unfortunately you get the feeling they will soon be in their comfort zone doing just that. Wankers to be honest, but there you are.

I was waiting for it against a semi decent team like Hearts or Killie, never in a month of Sundays did I expect it v Ross County 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve not given up on the league yet.

In my eyes we were never going to be good enough to go to celtic park and play for a draw, so not a whole lots changed in terms of what we need. Yesterday was an absolute shit show so can’t be bothered getting into that, but as long as the next old firm can take us top with a win I will keep believing, however unlikely it is that we’ll win there 

They haven’t played anyone decent themselves since Hearts beat them and apparently their first half on Saturday was grim again, so I am not convinced they’re now some winning machine. 

Won’t bother posting too much until we beat Dundee because this place actually makes a bad result seem 100x worse than it seems when you just process it in your own mind

Link to post
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, RFC55 said:

not trying to polish a turd cause yesterday was fucking despicable but it’s still there to try and win and I hope they can at least muster something starting on Wednesday 

Totally agree, and I'm feeling utterly gutted and shite after that yesterday. 

Angry we have lost the initiative but it's still very close. Worried about form so hoping to see some hopeful signs in the next couple of games.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There has been too much rotation recently, and it has affected us. Sure, injuries cause some of it, but not always.

Play the same, strongest 11 for the next 6 games to bring cohesion and you never know.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Manager needs to make sure that he only plays players that are 100% committed to the club. 

There were quite a few player in that team he fielded at the weekend that are simply not interested in the fight and certainly would not risk injury for for our cause. 

I would much rather we play a fully committed player out of position than a half arsed one in his natural position. 

It only take one or two players not giving their all for the press to break down and for the opposition to have an out ball, and that's exactly what happened. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

I’ve not given up on the league yet.

In my eyes we were never going to be good enough to go to celtic park and play for a draw, so not a whole lots changed in terms of what we need. Yesterday was an absolute shit show so can’t be bothered getting into that, but as long as the next old firm can take us top with a win I will keep believing, however unlikely it is that we’ll win there 

They haven’t played anyone decent themselves since Hearts beat them and apparently their first half on Saturday was grim again, so I am not convinced they’re now some winning machine. 

Won’t bother posting too much until we beat Dundee because this place actually makes a bad result seem 100x worse than it seems when you just process it in your own mind

Agree if it was the other way round celtic would fancy coming to ibrox and leaving top. Our fans are far too scared of parkhead now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, RFC55 said:

Our record there is pretty poor but nearly any time we played them under gerrard I expected us to win, that’s been lost since he left imo 

For all his faults Gerrard had them sussed out. He knew how to approach they games 

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, BuffaloUSAGers said:

At one point the TV commentator remarked it was disappointing that Rangers had a corner kick and wound up playing it back to Butland. That is the team in a nutshell. The back four, Lundstram and Butland need to stop fucking around with the ball. It’s a been a problem for years.

We cheer when we get a corner.

Why?

We are atrocious at them.

There is genuinely more danger of us conceding in a counter attack from our corner than one of our players scoring from a header.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...