Sterling, Butland, Ridvan

1 hour ago, Broxi said:

A lot more than that will stay but I agree with this being the list. 

I would also keep Tav, Danilo (but would like another striker) and would be happy to see Sima and Cortes return. Everyone else I wouldn’t care about losing. 

I'd add Dio to that list as i think once he settles and has a good pre-season we will see good things next season. 

Your list has the players i'd have the core of the squad built around. 

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

If Butland wants to stay, and it sounds like he does, he can't be sold. He is too important.

I guess it depends on outgoings and the revenues we can raise. We'll have to shop really smartly and hopefully with Lammers doing well on loan in Holland we will have a buyer across there (not expecting more than we paid for him though).

I really don't envy Clement and Koppen with the turnover needed again, but if we get that defender we've been linked with, it's a good start (no idea how much he's costing us though). 

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

If Butland wants to stay, and it sounds like he does, he can't be sold. He is too important.

But there’s literally folk on here wanting him sold because he’s valuable monetary wise. It’s absolute mental that we have people not wanting to keep our best players to try and bring success back to the club. 

Too many FIFA manager clowns on here

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

But there’s literally folk on here wanting him sold because he’s valuable monetary wise. It’s absolute mental that we have people not wanting to keep our best players to try and bring success back to the club. 

Or maybe they just realise that we aren’t going to have money to fund a rebuild of 10-12 players and that means valuable assets will have to be sold to fund that.

It’s literally the model that every big club who don’t play in an elite league, and even some that do, follow. Why would and should we be any different? 

1 hour ago, dee9 said:

Why do people still think butland will be here next season?

Literally zero chance of that. 

necessity to sell him for a rebuild of other areas

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

We've missed the boat with too many players when they're value is high and we need a lot of money to do the necessary rebuild on the squad. 

I'd be gutted to see Butland go, but if a good bid comes in we need to take it.

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

It's one of those ones that unless a ridiculous offer comes in, we shouldn't be selling.

He's valuable to us in terms of what he brings us on the field, but i don't think we'll be getting huge sums offered to us for him. 

10 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

We make this mistake time and time again.

He’s been exceptional. But he’s not irreplaceable. If the club have someone lined up they rate and the price is right, then we should sell.

Clubs are only ever going to make high bids for players when they’re in form. It sucks but you have to sell if the price is right. 

He could be injured, he could lose confidence and drop his form. Even if he maintains it, the money could be used to fund 4-5 quality young players that net make us a better team.

1 hour ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I always get fucked off with posts like these. It's no champ. We canny just magically hope someone comes in and gives us money for the John Souttars or Raskins. It's virtually impossible we can replace a full team with what funds well have. We will need to be stuck with some of these failures and chose where to improve.

Recruitment will be key most of these players do need replaced but it'll take 2-3 windows. 5 or 6 that go straight into the starting 11 will be a good start. We need to be winning whilst we rebuild or the gaffer will be gone. 

13 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

We make this mistake time and time again.

He’s been exceptional. But he’s not irreplaceable. If the club have someone lined up they rate and the price is right, then we should sell.

Clubs are only ever going to make high bids for players when they’re in form. It sucks but you have to sell if the price is right. 

He could be injured, he could lose confidence and drop his form. Even if he maintains it, the money could be used to fund 4-5 quality young players that net make us a better team.

You will be classed as a fifa manager for talking sense mate 

1 hour ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Ridvan should be one of the first out the door.

I like him but we've been down this road before with players who are injury prone. He's someone we can get money for, take it.

Guys made of glass. Let him hopefully play euros and take the cash

17 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

If Butland and Ridvan aren’t sold then we are fucked next season.

There is no money to spend without sales.

Yup I agree.

Although spending money does not always give success, If we can get a group of players together on the cheap and have a good attitude with a good medical record we will be okay. They are some fantastic players waiting for that break in the lower leagues of England and around Europe.

If only the Board and previous managers listened to us about certain players. It's exhausting even thinking about it

12 minutes ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

Because we need money to replace the rest of the shite.

So we sell a player that’s clearly part of a rebuild to fund a rebuild that he’s not to be part of?

Weird thinking tbh