Do we need a system change?

7 minutes ago, Supercooper75 said:

You don’t need to be Pep to work out what’s needed.

Walter did it season after season.

Hand pick the best tried and tested players from other Scottish clubs to win the Scottish premiership.

Preferably Scottish lads who know what it means to play for us.
Unfortunately the majority of our supporters don’t want this.

Ffs

here we go again - honestly some supporters will turn us into Motherwell if they had a chance. 

Yesterday was a shambles. Not saying much that the strongest part of our “defence “ was the right  hand side. 
unbelievable how McGregor and Hatate were able to run through the centre of the pitch unchallenged. Disgusting how Forrest and O’Riley were able to skin Barasic and Ridvan so easily.

We certainly need to reconfigure the midfield set up but also to get our players working to help each other.

6 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Ffs

here we go again - honestly some supporters will turn us into Motherwell if they had a chance. 

Yeah because the scattergun process of signing players who don’t have a clue what it takes to play and win in our league has worked wonders the last 12 years hasn’t it!!

23 minutes ago, Supercooper75 said:

You don’t need to be Pep to work out what’s needed.

Walter did it season after season.

Hand pick the best tried and tested players from other Scottish clubs to win the Scottish premiership.

Preferably Scottish lads who know what it means to play for us.
Unfortunately the majority of our supporters don’t want this.

I'd take Barron and Armstrong, realistic options. 

Watson (Killie) Mackenzie (Sheep) and Miller (Mwell) are probably a mix of too young and a project or not 1st team ready for us but good players

Miovski is outwith us price wise and Lawrence too old to spend on.

Who else is there we should be signing that strengthens our first team right now?

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'd take Barron and Armstrong, realistic options. 

Watson (Killie) Mackenzie (Sheep) and Miller (Mwell) are probably a mix of too young and a project or not 1st team ready for us but good players

Miovski is outwith us price wise and Lawrence too old to spend on.

Who else is there we should be signing that strengthens our first team right now?

Players Listed are great options including the youth prospects.

I would add Bair and Youan as curve balls.

Think Better than Roofe and Mcausland - in terms of contribution, goals, assists and being dangerous to the opposition.

Boys that were loaned up Beireth and Beck look good options too. 

7 minutes ago, molesmole said:

Players Listed are great options including the youth prospects.

I would add Bair and Youan as curve balls.

Think Better than Roofe and Mcausland - in terms of contribution, goals, assists and being dangerous to the opposition.

Boys that were loaned up Beireth and Beck look good options too. 

Do we get to fit 12 of them into our starting 11 though? 😁

28 minutes ago, Supercooper75 said:

Yeah because the scattergun process of signing players who don’t have a clue what it takes to play and win in our league has worked wonders the last 12 years hasn’t it!!

Is there a special Scottish football way?  What does that look like?   
Please name one single “tried and tested” Scottish player playing outwith the old firm that has won anything, so you can hand pick them like you suggest

thanks. 

52 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Is there a special Scottish football way?  What does that look like?   
Please name one single “tried and tested” Scottish player playing outwith the old firm that has won anything, so you can hand pick them like you suggest

thanks. 

Yeah , we kind of tried that coming up the leagues and not one was good enough . 

I can't think of many today that would be good enough to walk into the team other than Lewis Ferguson , and that ship has sailed .

Yes , there are some promising young players but that's no guarantee as we've seen in the past . We need something more certain . 

22 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

And we're doing so well having ditched it.

There’s barely a team in world football that plays a 4 4 2. The newer formations are far more fluid and allow (or is meant to allow) for greater rotation and situation management 

19 hours ago, docspiderman said:

Yesterday was a shambles. Not saying much that the strongest part of our “defence “ was the right  hand side. 
unbelievable how McGregor and Hatate were able to run through the centre of the pitch unchallenged. Disgusting how Forrest and O’Riley were able to skin Barasic and Ridvan so easily.

We certainly need to reconfigure the midfield set up but also to get our players working to help each other.

Right hand side? Did you see the 2nd goal when tav watches maeda jog 30yards into the box

We need a complete overhaul, if not then we need to try 352 and just give up the wings and focus on dominating centrally

1 hour ago, RFC55 said:

There’s barely a team in world football that plays a 4 4 2. The newer formations are far more fluid and allow (or is meant to allow) for greater rotation and situation management 

The only time most teams play 4-4-2 now is when they are setting up their defensive shape when they aren’t in possession.

In one off games at Parkhead etc, yes we do. 

We’ve played 4-2-3-1 there for circa 3 years and lost every time. I know yesterday was a must win, but starting with a 10 in Lawrence who is miles off it in terms of fitness and speed, was madness. 

Often in the run up to these games I wonder what Walter would’ve done. Under him, we’d have packed the midfield with runners to make it a battle for them, then brought on the likes of Cantwell and Lawrence if/when the game stretched.

A midfield three of Lundstram, Sterling and Diomande would’ve been likely, or even more of a diamond to get Raskin in there as well. 

Id even be tempted to go 2x up top if we can’t get the midfield battle won. Means when we’re playing long balls to turn them, you can utilise flick ons etc. Roofe and Dessers would probably work quite well for this, stick 3 behind them and then go to a back 5 to give Borna and Tav some cover. 

At home fuck it, you play to your strengths. But they’re a better side than us with better players and mentality, so you can’t fight fire with fire. Walter was the master of boxing clever in these fixtures and we’ve never replaced that. 

I'd go 4 3 2 1 silva da and cantwell behind Dessers . That way we plug the gaps in midfield . 9 times out of ten we fling the ball from wide into no cunt. How many times do you see paedo FC cross into the box except at corners almost never. 

59 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Right hand side? Did you see the 2nd goal when tav watches maeda jog 30yards into the box

We need a complete overhaul, if not then we need to try 352 and just give up the wings and focus on dominating centrally

Yes, saw that. The point was that the  shit show on the right was nothing compared to the embarrassing non defending on the left and the no challenge policy through the middle.

I'd like Clement to put his ideas away just for the SC final and play a flat 3 as it would help us against them.

Since Gerrard left we've missed an identity. Gio was too flexible and very reactive and Beale was just all over the place.

Going forward, into next season, we have to let Clement do what he wants to with the team tactically and build that identity which for him is the 4-2-3-1.

If we're going to hire a manager with his own ideas, whether you like them or not, and not give him the tools to do that then what's the point in hiring him?

Anyway before tactics comes in to place we need a more athletic and youthful team that hasn't been scarred by 5+ years of failure.

35 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We will play it though 😒

I’m not sure we will.

After 60 mins on Saturday i think the penny dropped when he put Raskin on to get in Mcgregors face.

The thing for me though is i don’t think Sterling will play midfield in cup final.

I think Raskin will come in for Lawrence.