Ibrox Development

2 minutes ago, MisterC said:

I imagined it would be pretty much chargeable in those areas but that's good to know, cheers👍

Nah still loads around there that is fine for parking. Also 5 mins walk from edin park train/tram station there is a business/industrial estate right next to the motorway so easy to get in and out of and loads of parking there as well. Or in sighthill industrial estate as you have edin park or bankhead stations to choose from for tram and again peice of piss to get back onto M8/M9

40 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Is comparably when you’re not far outside Glasgow, which a majority will be from in and around.

Train straight to Haymarket and walk from there will be the least fuss i think 🤷🏻‍♂️ (IF it ends up being Murrayfield). 

Hampden is the better option of the two, but neither stadium should be too hard to get to.

2 hours ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Think it's fair to say we've fucked it by going ahead with it before the materials arrive. This wasn't a last minute thing, we've been planning it for ages.

You’re right we have been planning for ages, unfortunately there are a few fundamentals that we have not taken care of which is causing issues, the club are not blameless in this matter.

Hopefully be back at Ibrox sooner than later.

3 minutes ago, Don81 said:

Playing in a stadium 10 minutes away from ours rather than one over an hour away is a no brainer imo, just don't get the clamour for Murrayfield as much as Hampden is a bit shite.

Hampden is due to get a new pitch and currently isn't scheduled to be ready until September. There's a rumour going about that they could put down a different kind of turf in the short term that would allow us to play there but then we would have to pay for that as well as the new longer term pitch.

2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I’d prefer Hampden tbh. Murrayfield will be murder to get to.

Park and ride at Ingliston is good, but it’s got a capacity of about 1000 spaces. 

2 hours ago, psb07158 said:

The vast, vast, vast majority of our matchday support is from Glasgow and its immediate surrounding areas - getting to and from Hampden is nowhere near the ballache of going to Murrayfield

Yeah to be fair I’m being selfish as Murrayfield is closer to me , other plus Points is it seems to be managed better logistically when I go for the rugby they seem to know how to disperse a crowd than at Hampden , but a lot of people mainly go by tram or bus 

I really don’t think some people appreciate how much of a fucking nightmare it’s going to be having up to 40,000 season ticket holders all going to Murrayfield for a “home” game. 

Realistically, how often is there any travelling support that size for any domestic game? I’m struggling to think of a single example.

38 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Hampden is due to get a new pitch and currently isn't scheduled to be ready until September. There's a rumour going about that they could put down a different kind of turf in the short term that would allow us to play there but then we would have to pay for that as well as the new longer term pitch.

Last I saw was them claiming they could have it ready , didn't see the bit about laying the short term surface. Don't see why we  would have to pay for the longer term pitch on top. Pisstake if true.

55 minutes ago, Don81 said:

Playing in a stadium 10 minutes away from ours rather than one over an hour away is a no brainer imo, just don't get the clamour for Murrayfield as much as Hampden is a bit shite.

Muuayfield holds 67000 so more non season ticket holders could attend and that would more than cover the rental costs. You have got to think what matters more to our board; money or convenience for our fans?

11 minutes ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Whole thing has been a farce from start to finish. Give it 5 years and the new disabled platforms will give way to executive boxes. Only a matter of time for these grasping bastards 

What a stupid thing to say tbh. 
I swear folks love to fucking dis us at every opportunity 

15 minutes ago, Madina said:

Playing at Murrayfield would surely be more of a inconvenience for the supporters that come over from NI on the buses on regards to getting connecting ferries? As much as Hampden is a dump I'd much prefer to play there than in Edinburgh 

If the option was there we'd be mental not to use Hampden. Some people are too keen to cut there nose of to spite their face at times.

1 hour ago, docspiderman said:

Muuayfield holds 67000 so more non season ticket holders could attend and that would more than cover the rental costs. You have got to think what matters more to our board; money or convenience for our fans?

Would 67,000 travel every other week? Doubt it.

2 hours ago, Don81 said:

Murrayfield looks soulless when set up for football imo

1 hour ago, docspiderman said:

You think an extra 20-odd thousand fans are gonna buy a ticket?

20 minutes ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

The murmurs between ibrox staff (not anyone to do with the construction side) is be lucky to be back in Ibrox before December.

It's a pity it's not to get 5k extra seats or it would be more worth it. I know this had to be done really but if it was such a big project why not do everything at once 

18 minutes ago, Glory awaits said:

I’ll be shocked if it’s anything other than Copland closed at start of season then get work complete after last home game before international break.

The issue will be there is likely still something like 4-6 weeks of work required, so even if you played it with only 3 stands, you would never have the time to do the work. 

1 hour ago, MacBoyd said:

If the option was there we'd be mental not to use Hampden. Some people are too keen to cut there nose of to spite their face at times.

Nah murrayfields easier to get to for me with better transport links and easier to get away from , hampdens a fucking dump , with shite transport links and impossible to get away from after a game , it took me an hour to get to the city centre last time in the car which is a fucking joke.