Expectations for 24/25 at this moment in time

52 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

Course they could. They have 70 million in cash.

They will probably get close to 20 for O’Riley.

And they have CL money.

We’ve spent 15 a year past 2 seasons..

They could absolutely spend 30.

Whether they will is a different question. But they could unless that cash is needed for litigation.

£10m players come with £10m player wage demands that Scottish clubs just aren’t willing or able to pay. There is a ceiling. 

They also have some amount of deadwood to shift. For context, in the cup final they didn’t have a single player signed in the last 3 window start. That’s a lot of wages to shift. 

I expect the lot but understand that it won't be that straightforward. 

The issues with this squad are deep-rooted and will take a few windows to address. 

32 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

My expectations are quite low. 

The squad has another window or two to go and we don't even know if we will be playing in our own stadium for the first few months of the season.

When is the stadium thing having any light shed on it btw. I think of all the things I’m annoyed about right now this is the one right at the very top 

34 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

My expectations are quite low. 

The squad has another window or two to go and we don't even know if we will be playing in our own stadium for the first few months of the season.

I dont think we have the fanbase to accept this but everything, on and off the pitch, is suggesting this will be a transitional year.

Think the amount of turnover and hopefully the profile of player will be refreshing this year but aye unless we get some sort of a wild go at it then it could be a year of getting the foundations built. As above if there's real improvement in certain areas and a clear and somewhat successful vision/style then it would be a positive step forward.

Obviously want to win the lot but in the long run it might need to be what happens 

7 hours ago, TheKingObv said:

Indeed. 

A lot of people confusing aims/hopes with expectations.

A lot of people not grasping the difference between the word “expectations” and “hopes”. I hope for the treble and a euro final every year but that’s very different to what I expect to happen

41 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

I dont think we have the fanbase to accept this but everything, on and off the pitch, is suggesting this will be a transitional year.

I’d privately be quite furious if I was the Manager on the stadium front.

1 minute ago, crmpicco said:

A lot of people not grasping the difference between the word “expectations” and “hopes”. I hope for the treble and a euro final every year but that’s very different to what I expect to happen

I'm sure the same 'expectations' topic was discussed in previous summers on here, there were people too stupid to grasp it then too.

2 hours ago, Zambon said:

Too early to say. I can't say that any of the rumoured targets have got me particularly excited.

It has been turgid so far. Only Barron has piqued my interest. The Moroccan striker is a big gamble whichever way you slice it. Young guy who has never played outside of his own country or in a decent league. You have to hope Koppen has unearthed a gem

3 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Privately? If I was Clement I’d be bringing it up at the first meeting. It’s utter negligence and has given the manager hassle when he didn’t need it

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

£10m players come with £10m player wage demands that Scottish clubs just aren’t willing or able to pay. There is a ceiling. 

They also have some amount of deadwood to shift. For context, in the cup final they didn’t have a single player signed in the last 3 window start. That’s a lot of wages to shift. 

Bang on! If they bought someone for £10 million then he’ll want say £50k plus a week. Then the likes of O’Reilly and McGregor etc will ask for similar and it’ll break their budget. We are both in similar markets for players. I hate the current board and how we’ve been run but one thing I’ll say about the scum is they didn’t half get lucky in 2 transfer windows by bringing in practically a new starting 11 that pretty much hit the ground running.

2 hours ago, JackAlex93 said:

Is it any wonder there's negativity on here after the absolute car crash our season ended in? 

Friendlies aren't a guide to how things are going to go at all. They tell you next to nothing 

Last summer they were a preview of exactly what was coming. Worst pre-season in years I reckon

Currently my expectations aren’t up to much. Just now I think we’ll finish 2nd by similar points to last season but I do think we’ll win a cup. I think Champions League will be out of our grasp (which probably isn’t a bad thing just now) but we’ll qualify for European football after Christmas. 

Just now, B1872 said:

Currently my expectations aren’t up to much. Just now I think we’ll finish 2nd by similar points to last season but I do think we’ll win a cup. I think Champions League will be out of our grasp (which probably isn’t a bad thing just now) but we’ll qualify for European football after Christmas. 

European football after Christmas is guaranteed this year.

8 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Increasing prices and then using it as a transitional season would be shite tbh

That's not really how it works for us because of how reliant we are on ticket income.

6 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I'd imagine he is and I don't think it would be the first time he has been unhappy since he arrived.

4 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I see the confusion now. I meant 10 mill for both. Not a piece. Badly phrased. Agreed 10million players would break the wage structure.

They can go out and spend 5-6 million a pop on 5-6 positions though. Which we can’t. 

I hope very much otherwise, but my expectation is another Bheggar treble incoming I'm afraid.

I am struggling to see any reason for optimism - Brenda has a stranglehold on the OF games meanwhile we are hoping a new team can gel but can't even say with any confidence when we will be able to play at our home.