Expectations for 24/25 at this moment in time

47 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Butland

Sterling NewCB Souttar Yilmaz/Jefte

Jordan

Diomande Barron

Cerny Danilo Cortes

Souttar and Barron aren’t starters and we probably need upgrades on Danilo/Cortes as well or at least quality cover until they get up to speed both look miles of it at the moment. 

2 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Souttar and Barron aren’t starters and we probably need upgrades on Danilo/Cortes as well or at least quality cover until they get up to speed both look miles of it at the moment. 

They are with what we have available just now

Just now, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

They are with what we have available just now

At the moment yes but we need upgrades on both, I like Barron but we need an experienced head in beside Diomande, not convinced Jordan will come in either so depending on how we plan to set up we need either a 6 or a number 10 in as well as a centre mid. 

I wouldn’t mind Souttar starting if we had a structure and played a system that worked, but right now and to be honest, for the past six months, it’s been high-ball, brain damage football we’ve watched.

Birmingham, an utterly dreadful side, looked very good at knocking the ball around at speed last night. They broke our pathetic attempt at a press with ease and found space with over-laps because they moved at pace and we couldn’t keep up. It can be done; I just don’t believe our manager knows how to.

2 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

People who want Clement out are in for a shock if they expect anyone else imo

To be honest, the job he's done at Kilmarnock is as good if not better than the one he did at Aberdeen, so it would make him the obvious choice.

I wouldn't want McInnes myself, but we need to get away from sacking manager after manager, particularly managers who have a track record of winning. It tells me they either aren't the right fit for the club or that there are larger issues at the club(which we know that is the case).

5 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

People who want Clement out are in for a shock if they expect anyone else imo

However the season goes we need to give Clement time to see it through, would be madness changing managers midway through a clear out/ rebuild 

Just now, 6superbarry6 said:

However the season goes we need to give Clement time to see it through, would be madness changing managers midway through a clear out/ rebuild 

Clement has to actually show signs of progress. He can’t continue to serve up murderball football and have us being so easy to play against and expect to get months or years to turn it around.

This has all the hallmarks of last season only worse due to our added transfer strategy. Sadly looks like it’s not just Cantwell but probably the majority of the squad are playing like they don’t want to be here either. Where do we go from here ? Would it be wise of the board to back clement now giving the inevitable in a couple of months? 

3 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Clement has to actually show signs of progress. He can’t continue to serve up murderball football and have us being so easy to play against and expect to get months or years to turn it around.

Aye well that’s fair, I’m hoping the “tactics” we are seeing at the moment is just the players we have being unwilling/unable to do what he wants, if he gets his own players in and the football doesn’t improve and there’s no progress then questions need to be asked is the manager. 

1 minute ago, GA1972 said:

Going into the new season with Tom Lawrence as a starter and me being pretty sure Clement doesn’t think there’s a problem with that is a serious worry 

Clement mentioned the 10 position last night in his interview so he knows there’s a problem there, the problem is we have Cantwell, Hagi, Lawrence, Dowell and Lowry for that position so don’t think we can justify bringing another in until at least 2 of them leave 

6 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Going into the new season with Tom Lawrence as a starter and me being pretty sure Clement doesn’t think there’s a problem with that is a serious worry 

He’s said everyone is for sale apart from Butland.

I'm trying to stay glass half full and the only thing that is keeping me going is there is one month left in the window.

At the same time that month involves Tyncastle and then Motherwell (who have taken points of us recently) as well as Dynamo Kiev.

If the window shut tomorrow my expectations would be another empty trophy cabinet and a season of utter doom and depression.