Welcome to Rangers Hamza Igamane

1 hour ago, RockwellGers said:

If we'd conceded a late goal Lawrence would be getting utterly slaughtered on here. Lucky for him 

Screenshot_20240916_152927_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f21c6a43892330048da4b54259524f31.jpg

The ball sat on the deck perfectly for him. Not quite the sitter I said it was in the match thread and a wee bit further out as well but the very least thing he should be doing there is working the keeper. It takes really poor technique to manage to hit that over the bar. 

2 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

Screenshot_20240916_152927_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f21c6a43892330048da4b54259524f31.jpg

The ball sat on the deck perfectly for him. Not quite the sitter I said it was in the match thread and a wee bit further out as well but the very least thing he should be doing there is working the keeper. It takes really poor technique to manage to hit that over the bar. 

Not really. He’s not aiming just to hit the target he’s aiming to hit that top corner where no goalkeeper has any chance of saving it.

I thought bar his goal he was fairly pish btw.

13 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Not really. He’s not aiming just to hit the target he’s aiming to hit that top corner where no goalkeeper has any chance of saving it.

I think you're being kind on him. Looks to be leaning back in that picture which is never a good thing. 

Lawrence had five attempts at goal yesterday and scored the winner. He is always a goal-scoring threat in every game he plays. I read numerous times yesterday that he was blowing out his arse after twenty minutes. This simply was not true, and it is a rhetoric that is commonly used to describe him. He was still running hard into the 90th minute. He may not be the quickest athlete, but he has some skill, and his fitness has vastly improved since last year. His place will be in danger with the arrival of Bajrami, but some need to get off his back for a while.

As for Igamane... I thought he reminded me a bit of Danilo. Danilo has excellent ball control skills, but we haven't seen a lot of it in a stop-start time at Rangers. Igamane was a breath of fresh air and Dessers didn't look too chuffed at getting subbed.

27 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I think you're being kind on him. Looks to be leaning back in that picture which is never a good thing. 

My comment was more in response to yours saying it takes really poor technique to hit it over the bar from there.

It does if you’re just trying to hit it anywhere on target and you sclaff it, but that’s different from aiming for a top corner and being a few inches off.

He should have scored it and is capable of that type of finish but your argument is off.

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

Lawrence had five attempts at goal yesterday and scored the winner. He is always a goal-scoring threat in every game he plays. I read numerous times yesterday that he was blowing out his arse after twenty minutes. This simply was not true, and it is a rhetoric that is commonly used to describe him. He was still running hard into the 90th minute. He may not be the quickest athlete, but he has some skill, and his fitness has vastly improved since last year. His place will be in danger with the arrival of Bajrami, but some need to get off his back for a while.

As for Igamane... I thought he reminded me a bit of Danilo. Danilo has excellent ball control skills, but we haven't seen a lot of it in a stop-start time at Rangers. Igamane was a breath of fresh air and Dessers didn't look too chuffed at getting subbed.

Totally agree about him blowing out his arse. Seemed fine to me.

But that's about as far as I can agree. The rest seems mental to me. Lawrence is a constant goal threat? Igamane reminds you of Danillo? 

Lawrence has been utter pish for months. Granted he scored a good goal yesterday but he has been a wasted jersey up until that and I'm still not sure he was even good yesterday bar the goal.

2 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He didn't need to hit (and miss) right into the top corner, he'd plenty of the goal gaping.

Thought he took his goal very well and also got into good goal scoring positions several times. Lacked quality too often in his finishing, the one Igamane sent him through was awful.

Hope to see Bajrami given a run in the cam role, but knowing Clement he'll persist for a while longer with Lawrence.

There was one point that a long ball was played to him. It was ridicules ball to play anyone as he was against at least 2 players...but he controlled it and played it to a Rangers player.

He just needs a goal to get him started. I would have preferred him to start today instead of Dessers. He needs more game time.

31 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Using Bahrami on the left instead of central seemed like a mistake to me but his delivery from wide is good news for Dessers and Imagane.

Aye I’ll hold my hands up at being annoyed seeing that pre-match but he was good. I reckon you could play him anywhere beyond midfield and he’d do a job.

On 16/09/2024 at 18:18, bluenoz said:

We, as a support, are bad for latching on to something and just running with it regardless. I first noticed it with McCulloch in his last season where it was pretty clear he couldn't do anything right no matter what he did - although I did think he needed dropped at times.

People just seemed to pick up a thread of a criticism and it just got rolled out all the time but I don't know if those same people could give good examples of the issue they were laying at his feet.

It seems to be going the same way with Lawrence. Don't get me wrong, I don't think he's setting the heather on fire every week. However, he is scoring goals and contributing but that all seems to get totally neglected in places of some well-worn claim about him being done in all the time.

On 23/09/2024 at 09:43, Essandoh said:

Aye I’ll hold my hands up at being annoyed seeing that pre-match but he was good. I reckon you could play him anywhere beyond midfield and he’d do a job.

I noticed for Albania he played left and right wing during the last international break.  He seems an intelligent player who can easily adapt into any of the attacking roles.

Though once Cortes is fully fit I'd prefer to see him playing in the centre instead of Lawrence. 

30 minutes ago, shaka said:

I noticed for Albania he played left and right wing during the last international break.  He seems an intelligent player who can easily adapt into any of the attacking roles.

Though once Cortes is fully fit I'd prefer to see him playing in the centre instead of Lawrence. 

Your username has to be after Shaka Hislop surely :lol: