Rangers vs Standard Liege (Behind closed doors)

15 minutes ago, King Jela said:

McIness might be the type of name that's the best we can get if Clement is gone fast.

No manager with a Clement CV would touch us. 

Clement has to stay at this point, unless he walks obviously. Can't blame him if this is the sort of side we start the season with.

1 hour ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

How do you know what style we played today

well when the other teams player literately waltzes past the defending teams midfield and gets passed the defender to get a shot off at goal, haven't we seen this scenario before? maybe that's just me

The good thing about the Euros is the distraction from everything Rangers. There’s nothing to be positive about and just kinda accepting the next year or two is a write off. 

4 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Still got until the end of August to sort it out. Clearly not going to be done overnight.

We have potentially 4 European qualifiers and trips to Tynecastle and the piggery in that period. We need players in now.

13 hours ago, Swagger said:

What is the actual point of Alex Rae ? 

Followed Paul Ince around like a love struck puppy dog coaching and regularly getting sacked.  When he did go off on his own he also got sacked. 
 Moved down the pecking order after a backroom re-shuffle by the gaffer and turned up for work much to everyone’s surprise. 

I often ask myself “what is the actual point in Alex Rae” a serial loser of a coach who has achieved the square root of fuck all. 

no wait, he’s a good Rangers man. 

1 hour ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

We have potentially 4 European qualifiers and trips to Tynecastle and the piggery in that period. We need players in now.

If we drop into the Europa League then so be it. The league won't be decided by the end of August. 

Would it be preferred if we had players in now? Ofcourse. But clearly we have little scope to bring in when we can't shift on players right now. We've pretty much replaced positions like for like so far with nothing extra, we obviously need players out the door before we can bring more in. 

41 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

If we drop into the Europa League then so be it. The league won't be decided by the end of August. 

Would it be preferred if we had players in now? Ofcourse. But clearly we have little scope to bring in when we can't shift on players right now. We've pretty much replaced positions like for like so far with nothing extra, we obviously need players out the door before we can bring more in. 

The Champions League is absolutely huge for the club with the money on offer. We desperately need to get to the group stages 

15 hours ago, the brown brogue said:

Followed by a protracted search for a new 'best in class' manager for them to just offer the job to McInnes again anyway.

Tbf, if Clement miraculously takes us to the title this season he’ll be of interest to many decent clubs.

On the other hand if it goes tits up (again) him & the board will obviously be under pressure. 

Whatever scenario unfolds (not just these two) I think McInnes is the biggest stick on to be our next manager whenever & however. 

31 minutes ago, Swagger said:

The Champions League is absolutely huge for the club with the money on offer. We desperately need to get to the group stages 

There's no group stages now. The money is huge but this board have been given huge money before and pissed it down the drain. 

The priority is the league and that's not decided by August.

2 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Clement to take over after Clement leaves? 

If a manager with a Clement CV was prepared to touch us last October, I see no reason why a manager with a Clement CV wouldn't touch us this October. 

I'm sure my point wasn't that complicated.

2 minutes ago, left winger said:

If a manager with a Clement CV was prepared to touch us last October, I see no reason why a manager with a Clement CV wouldn't touch us this October. 

I'm sure my point wasn't that complicated.

Would it really surprise you if the club had duped him with our financial position? It's obvious looking in now we don't have any money, it wasn't when he took the job.

1 minute ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Would it really surprise you if the club had duped him with our financial position? It's obvious looking in now we don't have any money, it wasn't when he took the job.

No, but I don't know if they did. I have no idea how much he was promised, and what conditions may have been placed on any budgets. However, I don't see anything materially different from last October to now, that suggests we could not secure another manager of his ability. 

7 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Don’t be ridiculous. 

37 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

We're not making the Champions League

This is the worry for me.

Highly unlikely to make CL (as it stands now) and a shambles off the park,no money and no no players in

Is this enough to make Clement go "fuck this"? (especially with the Belgium job coming up)