Clement: I had other expectations when I came.

Just now, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

He wants to play a pressing, direct style. We will have known that when he got the job. The way football is these days it's not on the manager to deliver the players to deliver this. 

No manager could play this style of football successfully with Dessers and Lawrence up front.

We started the game brightly by pressing high. Unfortunately, Lawrence can't sustain it, and Cortes glaringly lacks match fitness.

Clement has the right idea, we just have to have the right players to implement it.

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Clement has the right idea, we just have to have the right players to implement it.

Fully agree. But see if at the end of this transfer window and we've not got the quality needed to play this way then he's got a choice to make - keep trying but too often failing or change to best suit the players he does have.

I'd be hoping he'd change the system to suit the players, but don't think he would.

11 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

We started the game brightly by pressing high. Unfortunately, Lawrence can't sustain it, and Cortes glaringly lacks match fitness.

Just need to hope this is the way the support is seeing it after we go to the piggery. My fear is the majority of the support will be calling for a new manager by that stage already though. 

8 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Just need to hope this is the way the support is seeing it after we go to the piggery. My fear is the majority of the support will be calling for a new manager by that stage already though. 

We lost to the scum and killie early last season and Beale was fucked. I see nothing to convince me we won't lose to Hearts and the scum next month. I hope we don't, if we do then I reckon Clement will be in the crosshairs for a large % of our support.

43 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

He wants to play a pressing, direct style. We will have known that when he got the job. The way football is these days it's not on the manager to deliver the players to deliver this. 

No manager could play this style of football successfully with Dessers and Lawrence up front.

To persist with it is lunacy then though no?

Just now, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

If we start at Tynecastle like that definitely.

He hasn’t really shown any variation in how he sets us up though, and he seemingly doesn’t see any problem in Lawrence. He’s more playing Dessers because he has to.

26 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

The support needs to hold off mate. This is not on the manager. He needs more time and the first game against the tarriers should we lose is not the league decider as well. It’s a fucking load of non talented players here that he’s trying to shift. 100% behind Phil. Hope more of our fans see what he’s trying to do, but he’s handcuffed with dross. We don’t need a new manager, we need quality players in. 

35 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

The support needs to hold off mate. This is not on the manager. He needs more time and the first game against the tarriers should we lose is not the league decider as well. It’s a fucking load of non talented players here that he’s trying to shift. 100% behind Phil. Hope more of our fans see what he’s trying to do, but he’s handcuffed with dross. We don’t need a new manager, we need quality players in. 

Whilst I largely agree, he's got to be making the best of a bad lot and if he isn't then he's going to get called out.

Yeah the players might not be good enough to win a league, but if we're losing to the likes of Killie, Ross County, the sheep, Motherwell or dropping points to Dundee like we did with a combination of his and Beales teams then he's got nowhere to hide. We need to be far better than teams with far less than half our resources 

I don’t want us to change managers, far from it actually, but Clement cannot just be absolved of any blame or criticism purely because of the hand he’s been dealt. We’ve been rotten since that Motherwell game - completely one dimensional and with no clear plan or structure - and he has to take criticism for some of his decisions and choices in that period because some of them have been mind bafflingly bad.

Past few games i was like, nah it's just fitness and players getting some minutes and nothing to worry about but then i saw the same mistakes being made and the same constant shite defending, the same style that's been absolute shit to watch, today i watched first hand at just how bad we really are, that clown upfront, whatever that midfield was as for how bad that defending was, i think it's pretty evident we need some serious investment in that playing squad but then i'm like, do i really want to give clement any money at this point.

i know one thing, we cannot persist with that hopeless donkey up front and we sure as shit need to abolish that formation we're using because again like every single match  for god knows how long, middle gets over run, the team can't handle teams pressing against us, can't handle runners making over lapping runs and our full backs caught in no mans land leaving acres of space.

3 minutes ago, Kents_Hook said:

Past few games i was like, nah it's just fitness and players getting some minutes and nothing to worry about but then i saw the same mistakes being made and the same constant shite defending, the same style that's been absolute shit to watch, today i watched first hand at just how bad we really are, that clown upfront, whatever that midfield was as for how bad that defending was, i think it's pretty evident we need some serious investment in that playing squad but then i'm like, do i really want to give clement any money at this point.

i know one thing, we cannot persist with that hopeless donkey up front and we sure as shit need to abolish that formation we're using because again like every single match  for god knows how long, middle gets over run, the team can't handle teams pressing against us, can't handle runners making over lapping runs and our full backs caught in no mans land leaving acres of space.

I think you can see where and why the link with McLean has happened.

We look far too open and exposed, and Diomande and Barron are still relatively young and inexperienced. 

Playing with a “number 10” isn’t really working right now. We need to play a more solid looking 4-3-3 and make ourselves more robust in the short term. That’s not what people want to hear because everybody wants fancy football, but you have to earn the right to play and we are piss poor at doing that.

1 hour ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

There was plenty on here going mental last season. This place will be insufferable if we get beat there even if it's close.

21 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I don’t want us to change managers, far from it actually, but Clement cannot just be absolved of any blame or criticism purely because of the hand he’s been dealt. We’ve been rotten since that Motherwell game - completely one dimensional and with no clear plan or structure - and he has to take criticism for some of his decisions and choices in that period because some of them have been mind bafflingly bad.

I'd say it's pretty hard to get players to buy in to a new system when you're trying to push them out the door too. Most of the players with pass marks are guys staying or having signed for Clement.

1 minute ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I think you can see where and why the link with McLean has happened.

We look far too open and exposed, and Diomande and Barron are still relatively young and inexperienced. 

Playing with a “number 10” isn’t really working right now. We need to play a more solid looking 4-3-3 and make ourselves more robust in the short term. That’s not what people want to hear because everybody wants fancy football, but you have to earn the right to play and we are piss poor at doing that.

Playing with a 10 in the way Clement does just doesn't seem viable these days. Especially not with the personnel we use, though that is obviously not entirely the manager's fault.

It frustrates me that we persist with it though, and I'm not convinced that when the window is closed we won't still be playing with one. The question is whether whoever the manager wants in that position is going to solve the structural issues we currently have in midfield. I'm not convinced it will. 

It's really my biggest issue with the manager because it's been glaring since Motherwell. We are so vulnerable through the middle and it feels like we've gone backwards in an attacking sense.

But I have to hope this concern is born from the fact the squad hasn't changed quickly enough. 

I think the more and more this goes on the more ill happily say the thread title can apply to him as well.

I don't know what it is we are supposed to be playing, I don't know what exactly we have to do to see the end of dessers! I know we are managing minutes or other players and at the end of last season we didn't have anyone else but he seems in no hurry to replace him.

Yesterday we had some nice passages of play and created decent chances with the usual shite of not being able to finish.

But in general terms we are caught out time and time again with the same chances being created against us, the same type of goals being scored against us and there doesn't seem to be any sort of plan to stop it happening.

It's better than what we were like under Beale last season but not by much and it's not exactly a high bar. 

Pretty downbeat with it all at the moment tbh.

2 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

I think the more and more this goes on the more ill happily say the thread title can apply to him as well.

I don't know what it is we are supposed to be playing, I don't know what exactly we have to do to see the end of dessers! I know we are managing minutes or other players and at the end of last season we didn't have anyone else but he seems in no hurry to replace him.

Yesterday we had some nice passages of play and created decent chances with the usual shite of not being able to finish.

But in general terms we are caught out time and time again with the same chances being created against us, the same type of goals being scored against us and there doesn't seem to be any sort of plan to stop it happening.

It's better than what we were like under Beale last season but not by much and it's not exactly a high bar. 

Pretty downbeat with it all at the moment tbh.

Not even sure there were good passages of play, Jefte into Ridvan and Ridvan’s cross for Danilo’s volley the only thing that really springs to mind.

Diomande was very good for the first 20-30 in terms of turning and creating a yard of space for himself deep in midfield but it was all just neat and tidy stuff, we didn’t look particularly threatening.

His tactics aren’t working against better teams, he either needs better players to bail his tactics out or we’re probably going to have the same fate in this year’s Old Firms.

I keep saying it and the support does seem to be absolving Clement of any blame.

But who do we think he wants to keep and want to play- who's in his starting 11?

Would love to hear his thoughts on why he is picking certain players.

Is he getting the best out of what is available? 

Who is it that can't play in his style? 

His words** 

A style that's creative and scores goals, that's about being dominant and winning. Well structured but with forward ideas,” was Clement's own assumption. “To attack, to have a lot of interchanging of positions but for that, you need time. because it's not natural to do this automatism"

Done well at Monaco - then was sacked after a very poor finish to the season 1 win in 7 and ended up 6th. 

Likes to set up to draw opponents forward- hoping they try press and then look to exploit the space very quickly.

We in Scotland are rarely pressed in the games we have been we look worse.

4 - 2 -3 - 1 .

How are you told to beat the above tactic.

Overload the Midfield: Get a midfield three, outnumbering their defensive midfielders and limiting control in the center. Exploit Wide Areas: With only two defensive midfielders, target the wings to stretch the defensive shape, creating space for scoring opportunities.

What do we see all the time - with our attacking fullbacks we are asking for trouble.

46 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Not even sure there were good passages of play, Jefte into Ridvan and Ridvan’s cross for Danilo’s volley the only thing that really springs to mind.

Diomande was very good for the first 20-30 in terms of turning and creating a yard of space for himself deep in midfield but it was all just neat and tidy stuff, we didn’t look particularly threatening.

His tactics aren’t working against better teams, he either needs better players to bail his tactics out or we’re probably going to have the same fate in this year’s Old Firms.

I can easily think of another 4 that a poor final ball or decision in the box cost us after food build up play or quick passing tbh 

If this board are capable of letting Kent go free after paying £ 7m  for his services maybe they don't see the imminent danger that waits in the CL qualifiers.

The Walsh cup final showed that they are not so far ahead we can't match them.

With another free pass to the big money on the back of our Euro results we need to be in the strongest possible position to qualify.

The new league format gets you £ 31m  before a ball is kicked.

How is it possible to go into this with Dessers as our number 9 and Ibrox fucking closed.

Bisgrove, 1 year after the promise to reinstate Rangers as the dominant force in Scottish football has left the building rather than fight to keep his promise.

Those board members who sent him on his way with plaudits need to be accountable.

I think he's getting the excuses in already for another piss poor season. Maybe the expectations weren't what he expected but why air them to the media? Gives everyone ammunition to attack him when results don't go our way. Certainly didn't strike me as a manager/team confident for the upcoming season. Would be amazed if we are sitting here this time next year with us having won the league and him in charge