Clement: I had other expectations when I came.

I'm more than prepared for the same backline to be starting 1st game of the season :sad: Doubt Tav and Goldson will be going to any Saudi team and going by what's been said our new signings (maybe bar Barron) won't be starters.

Don't know if they cunts have signed or sold anyone, but fuck knows how nxt season goes. 

54 minutes ago, HG5 said:

😂 indeed BD.

There’s been talk among some people (not on here, I don’t think) that the transfer market ‘will pick up after the Euros’.

It had bloody well better, with some stellar outcomes in terms of comings and goings - it’s the only way I see that the board will wriggle off the hook!

Board and their appointments are a disaster, all blazers apart from Clement, so far, he’s all that stands between them and long term damage. Probably end up at Hampdump for the season the way this construction uncertainty is going. 🤷🏼‍♂️

7 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

I'm more than prepared for the same backline to be starting 1st game of the season :sad: Doubt Tav and Goldson will be going to any Saudi team and going by what's been said our new signings (maybe bar Barron) won't be starters.

Don't know if they cunts have signed or sold anyone, but fuck knows how nxt season goes. 

On yesterday I could see Jefte playing at LB, Barron in midfield, Cortes LW and potentially Igamane RW.

If Nsiala can’t displace one of the CB after a few weeks then fuck knows why he’s here.

11 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

The sale of part of the car park wouldn't come anywhere close to paying for NEH.    The land isn't worth much in the first place.  It's only worth more to the Club as we need the car parking area.

It was to be around 5 million and NEH was to cost around 7 million when all was originally costed.

8 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I go to the same and do the same about structuring the weekend around when we play, though still play football so miss many Sat 3pm kick offs.

You have to grind through it though, it’s not support if it’s just when we’re successful.

We haven't been successful for over a decade now and the fans have stuck with it.

We're being treated like mugs.

45 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

If money is really that dire and anyone is interested in spending £10 million on Butland then we’d have to bite their arm off.

But absolutely couldn’t go with McCrorie as number 1, would need a new one.

I don’t think any clubs are interested in spending big money on Butland though.

I seriously doubt anyone is going to spend that kind of money on Butland now.

17 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

I'm not to be honest. When do we stop accepting this shite? It isn't good enough, and it's completely unacceptable.

This board keep spending our money on shit and abandoning the football department.

It's criminal, and others were chased out of the door for less. 

We have all been aware that the signings of the previous two managers (aided by Ross Wilson) have in the main been woeful.  We also failed to capitalise on sales of players at the peak of their form/value.   We have overspent on infrastructure with NEH being a ridiculously expensive vanity project.  The  blame for all that rests with all those on the board at the time.   I find it difficult to believe that successful businessmen sit back and accept such obvious failure without having something to say.  I had hoped that Bennett would be better than King and Park but it's just a continuation of their poor decision-making.   Appeals for boardroom change will fall on deaf ears.   There are no fans' groups left to lead any rebellion.  (The UB are just a bunch of wee neds)  We can only hope that some of the investors on the board voice their disquiet at boardroom level because without that there will be no change.

23 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

People made the same ‘he never let us down’ argument for McLaughlin and look how that turned out.

If Butland’s proved anything it’s the importance of having a really top top goalkeeper for our level.

Last season would have gone even incredibly worse if we didn’t have him.

So nobody gets a chance in goals because they ‘never let us down’ because someone else did? Strange logic.

Serious discussions need to be happening with the players that are surplus to requirements......if it's a fire sale then so be it, we only have a matter of weeks to move on 7 or 8 which will bring the wage bill down and create some much needed funds

Tav & Goldson I'd take £4 million for the pair

Cantwell-£1.5-2 million

Davies & Matondo- £ 1 million each

Lammers- £ 2.5 million 

Dessers - £3 million

Yilmaz - £3 million 

Hagi - £2 million 

Anything for Wright & Dowell 

Lawrence I would maybe keep around but would punt if offered a million 

Truth is clubs out there now know and understand our plight, no cunt is going to pay us the fees we were hoping for a couple of weeks ago

That's twelve players that we now actively need to be looking to move on, even if we generated between £15-20 million for the lot we are going to struggle to bring bring  6-8 players in, we will seriously need to rely on promoting youth players into the fold

What an absolute shit show this is, they need to get the ball rolling and start actively moving these players on, get the agents in a get it spelt out boldly 

11 minutes ago, ayro said:

On yesterday I could see Jefte playing at LB, Barron in midfield, Cortes LW and potentially Igamane RW.

If Nsiala can’t displace one of the CB after a few weeks then fuck knows why he’s here.

Clement has already stated that Nsiala & Igamane  are projects and won't be starters

5 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

I'm not to be honest. When do we stop accepting this shite? It isn't good enough, and it's completely unacceptable.

This board keep spending our money on shit and abandoning the football department.

It's criminal, and others were chased out of the door for less. 

I phrased that a bit shite tbh. Don't mean I'm happy about it, just think that's what we're looking at unfortunately. 

1 minute ago, beararse said:

So nobody gets a chance in goals because they ‘never let us down’ because someone else did? Strange logic.

I meant it was obvious he wasn’t of the required standard at the time, the ‘never let us down’ crowd when it’s a sample size of about 5 games is the strange logic.

3 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Serious discussions need to be happening with the players that are surplus to requirements......if it's a fire sale then so be it, we only have a matter of weeks to move on 7 or 8 which will bring the wage bill down and create some much needed funds

Cantwell-£1.5-2 million

Lammers- £ 2.5 million 

Dessers - £3 million

Yilmaz - £3 million 

Hagi - £2 million 

Truth is clubs out there now know and understand our plight, no cunt is going to pay us the fees we were hoping for a couple of weeks ago

That's twelve players that we now actively need to be looking to move on, even if we generated between £15-20 million for the lot we are going to struggle to bring bring  6-8 players in, we will seriously need to rely on promoting youth players into the fold

What an absolute shit show this is, they need to get the ball rolling and start actively moving these players on, get the agents in a get it spelt out boldly 

Selling Ridvan and say Cantwell for those prices only makes sense if you can bring in better players for a smaller fee on less wages.

I worry we sell a couple like those two then go with Jefte and Lawrence as first choices with Fraser and Dowell as back ups.

4 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Cantwell-£1.5-2 million

Lammers- £ 2.5 million 

Dessers - £3 million

Yilmaz - £3 million 

Hagi - £2 million 

Id move anyone not in the plans going forward to the reserves and make it clear they won’t play for the club again, if that means padding out the squad with youth players then so be it but these players can’t be allowed to hang around any longer. 

2 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Cantwell-£1.5-2 million

Lammers- £ 2.5 million 

Dessers - £3 million

Yilmaz - £3 million 

Hagi - £2 million 

Not quite as easy as that though.

Take Matondo - A club wants to buy him for £ 1 million as you said. He wants a 4 year deal on current wages (28k a week)

All in over the term of his deal that will cost them around £7 million.

Lammers had a great second half of season but what teams in Holland realistically could afford his transfer fee and wage package?

8 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

We have all been aware that the signings of the previous two managers (aided by Ross Wilson) have in the main been woeful.  We also failed to capitalise on sales of players at the peak of their form/value.   We have overspent on infrastructure with NEH being a ridiculously expensive vanity project.  The  blame for all that rests with all those on the board at the time.   I find it difficult to believe that successful businessmen sit back and accept such obvious failure without having something to say.  I had hoped that Bennett would be better than King and Park but it's just a continuation of their poor decision-making.   Appeals for boardroom change will fall on deaf ears.   There are no fans' groups left to lead any rebellion.  (The UB are just a bunch of wee neds)  We can only hope that some of the investors on the board voice their disquiet at boardroom level because without that there will be no change.

depressed-sad.gif.f8b3308ce509d499e1aced2acf014a39.gif

He'll be gone by the new year, and this season will be absolutely toxic I'm sure, I just hope our fans direct that energy towards the board and not Phil and the backroom staff, their hands are tied. Fuck knows what Koppen thinks of this as well, would love to be a fly on the wall at a recruitment meeting.

The board have lied to the manager and us. And it's not the first time they've sold a vision to an incoming manager, only to pull a fast one.

"Best in class" though Bennett? 

3 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Clement has already stated that Nsiala & Igamane  are projects and won't be starters

Yep and without reading too much into the first pre-season friendly once the two of them settle there’s an available opportunity for both to secure a starting spot, maybe not as early as September but hopefully before Xmas.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Not quite as easy as that though.

Take Matondo - A club wants to buy him for £ 1 million as you said. He wants a 4 year deal on current wages (28k a week)

All in over the term of his deal that will cost them around £7 million.

Lammers had a great second half of season but what teams in Holland realistically could afford his transfer fee and wage package?

balcony-bleach.gif