Clement: I had other expectations when I came.

6 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

I'm aware of that but we don't have the money to keep sacking and backing a new manager. At some point we need to take our medicine and give someone time. 

If it's medicine taking time then Bennett should be coming out and say that rather than staying silent. All for giving Clement more time, don't think Clement will give us time if things continue as they are currently.

Biggest issue is we don't know anything because they say nothing. Only coming out and giving holding statements when the heat is really on them. It's pathetic.

11 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

I'm aware of that but we don't have the money to keep sacking and backing a new manager. At some point we need to take our medicine and give someone time. 

We do - I’m as much lamenting mis -spending and management of what we’ve had, which has landed us in our current predicament.

1 hour ago, graeme_4 said:

Thats simply not true.

Many managers have been ‘backed’ at different points, Gerrard for 55, Gio’s first summer and Beale. Money has been spent, and big wages have been given.

Problem is it’s been spend on bang average, injury prone or overpaid shite.

We had the biggest wage budget in Scotland last season, and have easily half a dozen players (even after getting rid of Roofe and Lundstram) on over £20k per week.

Awful recruitment has come home to roost, and PC unfortunately has to wheel and deal if he wants change.  

Backed as in given money, given space to make an actual difference to the squad and most importantly, given time. 

Last time that happened was Gerrard under King. Gerrard under Park bolted as quick as he could. 

These fucks are not fit for office.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Not sure there's any evidence he's doing that. Seems like he's got 5 deals over the line and likely teed up other deals for when players do leave. That he's now having to sell before buy makes his job even tougher as he needs to move on players most of us have been calling shite for months if not longer.

Don't see him or Phil as the problem here. Do see them taking an easy exit if they find an opportunity at a club that hasn't misled them.

Koppen is clearly doing everything but sitting on his arse.

1 hour ago, Valance1690 said:

Nsiala you can make an arguement for, he's apparently on a very low age and a free from a good club, worth a punt even if it takes time

Really cant understand Igamane tho, if funds are as tight as Clements telling us now, why we spending 1.5 million on a 21 year old who isn't ready to start matches, we don't have that in us at the moment.

Even back in January, 4.5 million for Diomande was nuts, as was an expensive loan for Silva. We're still making the same mistakes in the market that we have done for years.

Nah if we were making those mistakes we'd be eyeing up a 30 year old midfielder from the English championship who'd likely cost us £5m+ in transfer fees and salary... 

46 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Beale gets blamed more because he was given the freedom to spend the guts of 15 million on garbage players who he felt were first team quality, and then overseeing one of the worst starts to a campaign in living memory on the back of it.

Until Clement (who has a trophy in the bank) has that same luxury and is given a similar “blank canvas” to work from you can’t compare them fairly, but ultimately people will if the season doesn’t start as expected, because that’s just how football goes.

Its not fair but its exactly how football goes , its never been fair , clement will be the first casualty if it goes exactly how it looks like its going too 

59 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

In terms of hype it’s not even close, but in terms of where we actually are as a club on the park we are still miles ahead of where we were then.

When Gerrard arrived we we were coming off the back of a season where we finished 3rd in the league, we got knocked out of the Europa League by Progres, celtic put 9 goals past us in two games in the space of a fortnight in April, we had three managers in a season and we were relying on guys like Wes Foderingham, Declan John, Jason Holt and Josh Windass to be regular starters for us.

On the flip side Gerrard was financially backed to do what Clement wants to but can't. He's got better assets (on paper) but they're also harder and costlier to shift if they dig their heels in than those Gerrard wanted phased out.

I'd rather Clement had Gerrards circumstances in terms of the squad and transfer budget than the Matondo, Hagi, Wright, Davies etc who hold all the aces.

This is what Gerrard was able to do in his first 12 months. Clement won't get near that unless Koppen works miracles.

Screenshot_20240714_130037_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240714_130108_Samsung Internet.jpg

18 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Koppen is clearly doing everything but sitting on his arse.

I didn't mean literally or by his own accord. But if he can't do his job now because there's no more funds until we ship the shite they've inherited then it wouldn't surprise me if he's freshening up his CV.

Don't get his approach with Lammers at all, he has seen him for 2 months then loans him out he does well then gets frozen out . 

When we are desperate surely you involve him, coz he is the shop window plus he might actually work out to be someone he would rather keep. 

If we can afford to just abandon a player that we spent 3m on they Clement has no excuses but to challenge for the title against 10 diddy teams. 

So far we have strengthen the squad

3 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

Don't get his approach with Lammers at all, he has seen him for 2 months then loans him out he does well then gets frozen out . 

When we are desperate surely you involve him, coz he is the shop window plus he might actually work out to be someone he would rather keep. 

If we can afford to just abandon a player that we spent 3m on they Clement has no excuses but to challenge for the title against 10 diddy teams. 

So far we have strengthen the squad

Sam Lammers was given the opportunity to fight for his place and was backed by the manager but he didn’t want it, at a time where we needed all hands on deck. You expect Clement to welcome him back into the fold now?

14 minutes ago, WWTC said:

Sam Lammers was given the opportunity to fight for his place and was backed by the manager but he didn’t want it, at a time where we needed all hands on deck. You expect Clement to welcome him back into the fold now?

I wasn't aware of that being the case, fair point if so but we really need to shift ASAP n get anything we can for him then 

1 minute ago, Nk89 said:

I wasn't aware of that being the case, fair point if so but we really need to shift ASAP n get anything we can for him then 

He asked to go on loan mate, he doesn’t want to be here and will only stay if he has no other reasonable option. File under the Hagi bracket in that regard. 

1 hour ago, B1872 said:

I’ll tell you one thing, Clement is 10 times the manager fucking Michael Beale is.

I’m not questioning that - he speaks better, carries himself better and has a proven track record in his home country.

But we have looked shit under him for months, he can’t beat the fenians even when they’ve been poor, and with the very early signs being he’s repeating the same shit tactically that failed last season.

4 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

We have looked shit because we are shit. We have a squad full of over the hill players and ones who should never be at a club like Rangers but the tit Beale signed them.

Fact is until we get rid if the shite and bring in better footballers we will continue to get beat off them and falter in the title race. It's as simple as that

I don’t think it is just that simple.

You want to play a high pressing style but don’t have the players to play it, do you not then look at doing something else?

He talked about being pleased with Lawrence yesterday who was fucking miles off it, bar his free kick obviously and a nice flick over someone’s head the game was just too quick a pace for him and he was second to everything or too rushed when he had the ball.

He’s not seeing what the rest of us are seeing or has pulled back from being honest again. Happy we created lots of good chances etc.

14 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

This probably wont go down well, but why are we doing stadium infrastructure work when money is tight?

That’s the sort of work you do after a big sale and a year or two CL money come in.

It’s the same as that glorified pub we built out the back of the Copland.

The work was mainly to comply with UEFA disability places in the stadium.

14 hours ago, Loyal72 said:

We've needed a rebuild twice, and both summers - the club have decided to invest into off the field projects, in NEH and now stadium infrastructure.

This board are doing everything but improving the football side of this club.

I think it'll go down great, because it's the fucking truth. They've spunked our money on shit.

You'll be glad to hear that they've reupholstered their seating in the direction box.

Not a massive cost but we can't have them being uncomfortable.

Probably that prick if a CEO who ordered it then fucked off

It's one shit show after another. I'll be surprised if Clement is still here next time next year. 

We're a shambles and laughing stock and have been for 13 seasons now. A few shinning moments in that time but very few and far between. We deserve better than we get from the frauds running (and ruining) our club

5 minutes ago, Madina said:

It's one shit show after another. I'll be surprised if Clement is still here next time next year. 

We're a shambles and laughing stock and have been for 13 seasons now. A few shinning moments in that time but very few and far between. We deserve better than we get from the frauds running (and ruining) our club

Well that's a lie 

2 hours ago, Valance1690 said:

Nsiala you can make an arguement for, he's apparently on a very low age and a free from a good club, worth a punt even if it takes time

Really cant understand Igamane tho, if funds are as tight as Clements telling us now, why we spending 1.5 million on a 21 year old who isn't ready to start matches, we don't have that in us at the moment.

Even back in January, 4.5 million for Diomande was nuts, as was an expensive loan for Silva. We're still making the same mistakes in the market that we have done for years.

Is he saying funds are tight though? Or is he saying its the wage bill that needs dealt with, hence why we aren't even doing anymore freebies

We could literally have 20mill to spend but if wage bill is too high regarding FFP etc then its pointless having it

In all honesty we need the squad trimmed before anyone else comes in, big time