graeme_4’s official Clement discussion thread

8 minutes ago, Rum Ham said:

Tbf Butland gets away with fuck up after fuck up.

He has been gash this season

I thought he was at fault, along with Souttar (obv weighed down with Ronaldo still in his back pocket…).

But unusual for the manager to openly call him out on it.

6 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Muscat is the answer at the moment. I’ve been reluctant to fully get on board with that, but it’s staring us right in the face.

Doubt he'd be worse but I hate the thought of anyone else coming in mid-season as it's fraught with dangers that we turn on them before they've even had a preseason and summer transfer window.

What a cunt of a situation we're in. Again.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

If Muscat’s teams play the same as gravy veins teams then i cannot fucking wait to see Tom Lawrence, Dessers, Diomande and Tav try play that ultra intense style.

Should put it on box office

Lawrence, Tav and Dessers crawling about on their hands n knees, and Diamonde running rings round himself! 

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

I thought he was at fault, along with Souttar (obv weighed down with Ronaldo still in his back pocket…).

But unusual for the manager to openly call him out on it.

That's a sign he is losing the dressing room.

When players switch off, there is no going back.

This is what Moore said about Muscat. Not sure it's factual but more his opinion. The fact he was apparently devastated maybe shows how much he wanted to be here and could probably still have that wee bit of desire to come in.

“He had two interviews at the time and he lost out and he was devastated to lose out at the time to Philippe Clement. He thought it was a great opportunity for him and it would have been a great job but Kevin now is doing a great job in China and that ship has well and truly sailed.”

Personally don’t think everything is down to him.  Football management is different to normal work in a lot of ways but one of the similarities is when you get told something in the beginning that turns out to be not true. Exactly that has happened to Clement and it’s like he’s thrown in the towel since then. The first 6 months and last 6 months are that far apart it isn’t just down to management. 

Far too many ‘big’ clubs in Europe eg Netherlands and Belgium as two where a transformational season means they could finish 3rd, 4th or even 5th but the club will be transformed or a better style of play adopted. It can’t, and never will, work here. Here, you simply need to compete and finish at worst 2nd. He doesn’t get it. 

This accepting mentality of shitey results has fed to the players, eg the point at Tynecastle on day1 was a good result, was it fuck! At Rangers, you win and winners have a different attitude. Shitebaggery is riddled in our club. 

I don’t want to compare with Walter’s 9 team but it didn’t always have superstars in the first 11 but they all had a great attitude of what was expected here. Todays team did not give 100% to win, snails pace pish every week.