Is Clement getting an easy ride?

1 minute ago, GaryMc said:

Once it turns toxic in the stands or the fans stop going and it hurts the finances the board will find money to sack him.

They'll happily take that out of whatever transfer budget we have next year so they don't need to sign any players and hope for a new manager bounce.

We all know it.

Correct, its up to the fans if he stays or not unless he walks.  its always been this way, if it turn toxic he is fucked. 

4 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I gave up on him entirely today.

That was entirely down to how we are coached and has absolutely nothing to do with the level of player we have. The level we have is completely capable of beating everyone in this league if they’re coached properly and directed to play an attacking high press style of football. That passing around in the middle of the park to just have possession is fucking nonsense.

He’ll not be going anywhere though so expect me to make loads of shite jokes about stories for the foreseeable 

Might get my name changed to the storyteller 

Think it's the first time I've seen a bad Old Firm game with zero pass marks from any player. There's always at least been one player who tried to make things happen or defended well.

Possibley the new guy  was to late an addition to throw into an old firm match,like it or not Tav has to play today and in his usual position as there is no-one else.I agree he shouldnt be captain as he should be more worried about his own game at the moment and no-one elses but his own short comings,as for him losing the ball and him jogging back he isnt as fit or as fast as he used to be and this is his main problem now on top of him being useless at defending,he has lost in the last 2 seasons what he had going for him ,his pushing the team up the field and getting his crosses into the box.Maybe a bit left field but why not try him midfield and move sterling to right back?

2 minutes ago, OrangeRab said:

That misses the point.

If we spend 20 million pounds and get no return. Thats unaffordable.

If that 20million is spent assembling a squad of assets that can be sold for more than 20 million. Thats affordable.

We needed to naturally front load spending to compete under Gerrard. Which we did. 

After we won 55 and the EL final we had a squad of sellable assets. 

Morelos, Kent, Kamara should all have been sold when it was clear they had no interest in being here.

Jack, Roofe, Davis etc etc should have been moved on.

There was a natural window after 55 but especially after Seville, that we got our recruitment badly wrong.

It might even have meant we didn’t win the league that year but it would have set us up in a far better position to have won last season and this.

The idea of front loading gerrard to compete was a failure bar one title, no CL income, no player trading model, nothing bar one title which we threw the kitchen sink at the summer of covid, including covid year we lost what 50-60mill over the 3 seasons, we never sold a player to try cover any gaps, so yeah it was unaffordable

Once the title was won, my guess is we banked on CL income and we know how that went, abd thankfully the Patterson sale and the run to seville covered us or we were facing yet more unsustainable losses

We never once built a solid foundation or a potential conveyor belt of trading talent, everything was thrown at the 55 both fees and wages and once it was won we hadnt a clue what to do, and 3 managers later we might actually have a core in place, however that core, only assembled weeks ago, isn't immediately going to go to the piggery and best a 3 year settled tarrier team who have a winning mentality 

Sacking clement will get us absolutely nowhere unless the new guy gets a totally clean slate, like gerrard had

Just now, J-Maestro said:

Think it's the first time I've seen a bad Old Firm game with zero pass marks from any player. There's always at least been one player who tried to make things happen or defended well.

I completely lost interest and started scrolling through stuff on my phone. There was nothing today to get anyone excited after the first 8 minutes or so of the first half. 

Any time we got anywhere near their box you knew nothing was going to happen. We are so tame in every department on the pitch and it’s down to the manager. This is his team now, these are his players and the excuses are over 

35 minutes ago, RFCHTID said:

I still dont think this is Clements fault,im really still under the impression he has had the wool pulled over his eyes,then given a new contract to stop him walking away from the shit show he has actually been left with.In his interviews he has admitted that the rebuild was much more than he was expecting or told about,he hasnt hidden the fact that he has had his hands tied behind his back regarding finances.This for the moment is the boards fault as far as im concerned,they have well and truelly fucked him over to the extent he cant even field a decent team.We shouldnt be shouting about getting rid of Clement its the board who need to go first and foremost,then we let the new board /owners decide whats best .

Phil Clement

I have been sold a turkey, where's the money.

Board: 

Can't we chat Mr Clement, - Extended contract offered and accepted.

Phil Clement:  

All is well, nothing too see here disperse. 

Man of principle and integrity 

Just now, molesmole said:

Phil Clement

I have been sold a turkey, where's the money.

Board: 

Can't we chat Mr Clement, - Extended contract offered and accepted.

Phil Clement:  

All is well, nothing too see here disperse. 

Man of principle and integrity 

When did he say anything near to that?

3 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

The ones I work with that support that lot haven’t even bothered texting me today to wind me up. Not one single one of them. 

No cunt cares anymore

It’s pity - it’s the worst I can remember it - when we were coming back up at least there was a reason for it, but now it’s just depressing 

4 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I completely lost interest and started scrolling through stuff on my phone. There was nothing today to get anyone excited after the first 8 minutes or so of the first half. 

Any time we got anywhere near their box you knew nothing was going to happen. We are so tame in every department on the pitch and it’s down to the manager. This is his team now, these are his players and the excuses are over 

Scored with thier first attack basically, we got a let off on a tight offside, 

The  proceeded to let it just keep happening, how is there so much space inbehind our defence.

Many times we got players galloping through one on one with the keeper.

The  Cerny turns into prime Kent at the other end trying to run into as many players as possible. Same with Dessers had to beat 4 to get near the box.

Fuxking wild 

Just now, Blue72 said:

It’s pity - it’s the worst I can remember it - when we were coming back up at least there was a reason for it, but now it’s just depressing 

I’m back in work tomorrow and im meant to dread it after results like that against them. I feel nothing and it’ll barely be mentioned by anyone 

Its not surprising to anyone anymore. Everyone sees they’ve battered us and it’s what everyone expected to see anyway 

Just now, sausagetrunks said:

Correct, its up to the fans if he stays or not unless he walks.  its always been this way, if it turn toxic he is fucked. 

I think it's already going that way. We're angry at everything going on at our club but we're also not daft when it comes to what we're seeing.

Poorly coached players with no drive or style hoping for the best with no belief instilled in them. Random subs and selective. Bizarre comments in interviews. Doesn't have the balls to drop Tav. Can't settle on a team or thinks he's clever or listens too much to the medical team. Our lack of balance in midfield and our long ball tactics are just terrible.

He's all talk and PR so far. 

Put it this way. Would Gerrard, Postecoglu or Rodgers get more out of that team we have? The simple answer is yes because they are better coaches and more importantly get it. Gerrard would never have come out and said we beat Ross Count 6-0 after today as he'd have been fuming. It's just laughable and makes us and Clement a laughing stock. 

I'm not for one second in the "bring Gerrard back" camp but we need someone with balls and coaching ability to back it up.

His best signing is Barron so far and he wouldn't have even known who he is before coming to Scotland so I also worry he doesn't have an eye for a player.

Hope to fuck I'm wrong on all of the above but the evidence is stacking up against him.

8 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

The ones I work with that support that lot haven’t even bothered texting me today to wind me up. Not one single one of them. 

No cunt cares anymore

That's exactly what one of the lads I was watching the game with said

4 minutes ago, molesmole said:

Scored with thier first attack basically, we got a let off on a tight offside, 

The  proceeded to let it just keep happening, how is there so much space inbehind our defence.

Many times we got players galloping through one on one with the keeper.

The  Cerny turns into prime Kent at the other end trying to run into as many players as possible. Same with Dessers had to beat 4 to get near the box.

Fuxking wild 

That's because they try and give everything to defend.

We just saunter about and looking surprised when a team scores.

1 minute ago, J-Maestro said:

When did he say anything near to that?

Aye a don't know , a must have made up for this thread or find another stick to beat him with. 

A Take it back. 

"I had other expectations when I came in in October, I have to say. But I know the reality now. I am very motivated to build the club and help in that. It's focusing not only on the short term but also on the long term"

Boyd Article.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/13190166/philippe-clement-bring-Rangers-quitting-ibrox-kris-boyd/

https://www.ibroxnoise.co.uk/2024/07/philippe-clement-has-implied-Rangers-board-misled-him/

Might have been mentioned in here a few times too.

15 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

The idea of front loading gerrard to compete was a failure bar one title, no CL income, no player trading model, nothing bar one title which we threw the kitchen sink at the summer of covid, including covid year we lost what 50-60mill over the 3 seasons, we never sold a player to try cover any gaps, so yeah it was unaffordable

Once the title was won, my guess is we banked on CL income and we know how that went, abd thankfully the Patterson sale and the run to seville covered us or we were facing yet more unsustainable losses

We never once built a solid foundation or a potential conveyor belt of trading talent, everything was thrown at the 55 both fees and wages and once it was won we hadnt a clue what to do, and 3 managers later we might actually have a core in place, however that core, only assembled weeks ago, isn't immediately going to go to the piggery and best a 3 year settled tarrier team who have a winning mentality 

Sacking clement will get us absolutely nowhere unless the new guy gets a totally clean slate, like gerrard had

I’m on the same page with you re Clement.

I think it’s wild that you think the blame lies on the lead up to 55. 

The majority of the mistakes have been made since. And you know I’m number one cheerleader for building a proper player trading model. 

Every window since the Summer after 55 has been a failure.

Compounded, it’s led to a total mess.

8 minutes ago, molesmole said:

Aye a don't know , a must have made up for this thread or find another stick to beat him with. 

A Take it back. 

"I had other expectations when I came in in October, I have to say. But I know the reality now. I am very motivated to build the club and help in that. It's focusing not only on the short term but also on the long term"

Boyd Article.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/13190166/philippe-clement-bring-Rangers-quitting-ibrox-kris-boyd/

https://www.ibroxnoise.co.uk/2024/07/philippe-clement-has-implied-Rangers-board-misled-him/

Might have been mentioned in here a few times too.

That's not what I asked, I said when did he say anything close to everything is fine and nothing to see here?