Is Clement getting an easy ride?

1 minute ago, TamCoopz said:

Dessers and diomande

FFS I totally forgot that dessers actually cost us money. 

Yeah I'd drop dessers, to the bench as for some bizarre reason he can sometimes score a goal

The diomande bit I disagree with but as I mentioned in another thread we all see games differently.

Thanks for reply. I was scratching my head at the other player

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

Not sure how tbh.

Cortes, Bajrami and Cerny will be 3 behind attacker and again, all need game time.

Ideally aye. That's how it needs to be.

If they're not all available I'd consider playing Igamane off Dessers. He can go at defenders it seems and is very direct.

Some of the players we have actually look pretty decent they ain't all bad I actually think now it's the coaching and the way we set up tactically, granted he also doesn't help himself by doing poor substitutions and playing certain players regardless of form, I believe that a good enough manager that is the right fit for us would be doing so much better with the players we have which unfortunately I don't think clement is

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Diomande is frustrating. He is good in spells, then fades out the game. Still young, but we need to see more for the money. Clement likes him. He doesn't have much competition as I'm not sure what Raskin offers tbh.

Raskin was very good in the cup final then the injury in pre season has set him back again! Hopefully he can a few minutes under his belt n push on again

2 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

Raskin was very good in the cup final then the injury in pre season has set him back again! Hopefully he can a few minutes under his belt n push on again

But what are his actual strengths mate? Good passer? Good in the tackle? He is not a bad player, but he hasn't kicked on. Yes, injuries have played a part.

Played Sterling on right flank plenty times. Benched today to play Dowell who appears from nowhere in this alien role to him.

Bajrami starts on bench. Then introduced out of position.

A no10 and a midfielder end game our wide forwards despite a winger on the bench. Why have mccausland (only trained once after a knock) on the bench if there's no circumstances he'd play him? Done similar previously with Danillo.

Prepare to give a sub his debut for 5 mins then not even bother.

So much just baffles with his decision making 

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

But what are his actual strengths mate? Good passer? Good in the tackle? He is not a bad player, but he hasn't kicked on. Yes, injuries have played a part.

Not sure either tbh, but he does seem to have a bit of energy about him n wants to play forward 

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Played Sterling on right flank plenty times. Benched today to play Dowell who appears from nowhere in this alien role to him.

A no10 and a midfielder end game our wide forwards despite a winger on the bench. Why have mccausland (only trained once after a knock) on the bench if there's no circumstances he'd play him? Done similar previously with Danillo.

Tbh, giving a player his debut away from home when the score is 0-1 with a few minutes to go seemed like a risky sub to me.

13 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He's erratic as fuck, just can't see what he's trying most of the time.

Cerny, Cortes, Bajrami and Igamane are massive improvements to our front three.

Clement and Koppen need to be given credit for that.

For me, the jury is still out on Propper. I don't think we have improved at the back with the exception of Jefté

I've been a fan of the gaffer since day 1. And have tried to justify a lot of his daft decisions to others to date. But there is one thing really starting to get on my tits 

Why have we got get another manager who is shit scared to play a different formation. Yes, he might move a little bit here or there but essentially we always play the same.

That's why we are so easy to play against.

For example. Imagine if today we went 3 5 2, just for a laugh. 

They would have all been wondering what we were playing at, how we would line up, etc etc

And before anyone says, we do have three centre Half's, their abilities might be up for debate but that's their position.

As a team we are predictable 

21 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Tbh, giving a player his debut away from home when the score is 0-1 with a few minutes to go seemed like a risky sub to me.

I don't disagree but why get the player prepped and given tactics in readiness for going on, then not introduced. It's not like Tav was down injured.  It's just silliness.

10 minutes ago, crabbit247 said:

I've been a fan of the gaffer since day 1. And have tried to justify a lot of his daft decisions to others to date. But there is one thing really starting to get on my tits 

Why have we got get another manager who is shit scared to play a different formation. Yes, he might move a little bit here or there but essentially we always play the same.

That's why we are so easy to play against.

For example. Imagine if today we went 3 5 2, just for a laugh. 

They would have all been wondering what we were playing at, how we would line up, etc etc

And before anyone says, we do have three centre Half's, their abilities might be up for debate but that's their position.

As a team we are predictable 

Yes mate I wished he made more decisions ‘just for a laugh’ too.

That’s exactly what’s wrong with him.

Had to work today so didn’t see the game but I’m sick fed up of new players not just getting thrown in

Clement talking about one or two sessions, needs time, doesn’t know his team mates

Just get the best 11 on the pitch in their best positions - Good players, find space and understand the game that’s why they are good

1 hour ago, BigBearButt said:

Who said that? 

All i know is he would most likely a step up from Pedro Caixinha, Beale and Clement. 

He gets his teams well trained and capable of playing actual football which is exactly what is missing for the past few seasons.

Clement won 3 titles in belgium, do you think he managed that without them being well trained and capable of playing football

3 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Clement won 3 titles in belgium, do you think he managed that without them being well trained and capable of playing football

From what I've seen it seems to be. Twelve minutes v the Fenians was decent, 20 minutes today aye pretty good then pretty much shite. 

It has left me questioning the standard of Belgian football tbh 

18 minutes ago, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

From what I've seen it seems to be. Twelve minutes v the Fenians was decent, 20 minutes today aye pretty good then pretty much shite. 

Maybe so, but shit like "muscat has his teams well trained" is a completely pointless statement 

28 minutes ago, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

Wish you had been HR when we employed Ross Wilson 

40 minutes ago, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

Matondo being a star in Begium should tell you everything about their standards.

58 minutes ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

That's all I ever hear about his achievements with fuckin genk every time he fucks something up here he trots out about past teams he has managed. 3 Belgian titles isn't very helpful when he can't even get this crop of players able to pass a ball to each other.