Is Clement getting an easy ride?

6 hours ago, Jimfanciesthedude said:

Would he? 

By all accounts beale was the tactical mastermind behind gerrard was he not? And yeah in the OF games he got us fighting again but in his early days he had guys like a fit ryan jack, arfield etc, guys who'll defo fight like fuck, we don't have that now

Yes imo he would.

You barely give him any credit including stopping 10iar so I get that you don't.

1 hour ago, molesmole said:

Pedro

All 26 games, with 14 wins, five draws and seven losses.

Biggest win 6 nil Dunfermline 

Biggest loss - scum 5-1

Ppg. 1.81  (26 games)

Clement*

Last 26 games, with 13 wins, six Draws, seven losses

Biggest Win 6 nil RCounty

Biggest loss- 5-1 PSV * (maybe wrong) 

Ppg. 2.16. (50 games)

Not great reading at all. 

It's fucking disgusting and I honestly think he's absolutely atrocious 

3 minutes ago, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

It's fucking disgusting and I honestly think he's absolutely atrocious 

Very grim.

Worst thing is, some fans will actually be happy with the big wins against the likes of Ross County or Dunfermline and say he will improve with "time"

Just now, 16BlueSherbert90 said:

Very grim.

Worst thing is, some fans will actually be happy with the big wins against the likes of Ross County or Dunfermline and say he will improve with "time"

Once Tav goes we will be absolutely flying 

10 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

I'd donate a kidney to have a Gerrard team play the next game for us

As long as it was the team during the 55 title...the team following that win started going downhill. 

Whether that was due to knowing Gerrard was leaving or what, is anybodies guess.

All I know is, after that title they stopped trying after that and the disease has continued to spread that no-one seems to know how to cure. 

11 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

I'd donate a kidney to have a Gerrard team play the next game for us

In those games, I agree. But Gerrard won 1 trophy from 9 and was a global pandemic away from the sack. 

The idea that he's some messiah that will guide us back to glory days is laughable. 

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

All the bad results we’ve had since Gerrard left and I’d still say that 0-1 Hamilton game at Ibrox was the most poisonous I had heard Ibrox in my life. After Leverkusen we were away to St Mirren and had them to play as well. He wouldn’t have survived it. 

We had an open run at a treble the season we won it and 3-4 opportunities to win cups from 2019 onwards and never took them. If he’d won even 2 or 3 more trophies and left through the front door then maybe things would be different but we’re rewriting history with Gerrard. 

Celtic last season was probably worse imo, Celtic was the first game after Leverkusen.

33 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I do think our support is romanticising Gerrard time here. 

He won 55 and we did have our strongest old firm run under him since coming back up. 

But he also over seen multiple cup exits and 2 league campaigns where we completely collapsed after the Christmas break. 

Wouldn't have him back because he's a snake bastard but the fact is he won a title here something no cunt has done since Walter and ended their dominance over us where we became the strongest side in those games.

End of the day he's been the best of a dreadful lot. All down to our board and it's failures at all levels.

Until a manager comes in and wins us the league and actually lays a glove on them Gerrard will remain the last manager of ours that made us a force in Scottish football.

Wanted Muscat at the time and haven’t changed my opinion. Couldn’t give a fuck if cunts say we are copying the tarriers with that fat slob they got in. There clearly is a transfer market there which we can afford in Asia along with a manager who plays attacking football with his own style of play. He's about to win the league in China but apparently his contract is up in December. Tbh I’d wait until December to get him and just have a caretaker for a couple of months when Clement leaves in October.

47 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I do think our support is romanticising Gerrard time here. 

He won 55 and we did have our strongest old firm run under him since coming back up. 

But he also over seen multiple cup exits and 2 league campaigns where we completely collapsed after the Christmas break. 

Aye that's why I'd never have him back. Did a lot of good, from a really bad starting place. Kick started our most consistent European spell for years and years, but by no means was it perfect.

The caveat is he was a rookie manager learning on the job - but he's had his time here and shouldn't enter anyone's thinking when looking to our next manager. 

14 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Wanted Muscat at the time and haven’t changed my opinion. Couldn’t give a fuck if cunts say we are copying the tarriers with that fat slob they got in. There clearly is a transfer market there which we can afford in Asia along with a manager who plays attacking football with his own style of play. He's about to win the league in China but apparently his contract is up in December. Tbh I’d wait until December to get him and just have a caretaker for a couple of months when Clement leaves in October.

Unless it reaches a disastrous level, Clement will no doubt remain in charge until the end of the season. I just can't see the board binning him after giving him the extension unless it gets to a point where there's a Warburton/Caixinha level of points gap. After that, who knows.

Hope by that point we have a competent CEO and DOF installed and we move forward from there. 

3 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

Unless it reaches a disastrous level, Clement will no doubt remain in charge until the end of the season. I just can't see the board binning him after giving him the extension unless it gets to a point where there's a Warburton/Caixinha level of points gap. After that, who knows.

Hope by that point we have a competent CEO and DOF installed and we move forward from there. 

He's bang on course for caxinha levels 

Just now, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

He's bang on course for caxinha levels 

Aye, I don't hold much hope of it getting better either. I just think the 1 year extension (which was immensely stupid), is a clear signal of intent from the board. 

The only thing stopping me wanting him gone now is that the guys in charge of finding his replacement have proven themselves incapable. Which is no defense of him at all. 

The football structure above the manager has to be sorted first, otherwise we're depending heavily on luck to get it right (more so than we usually would).

Just now, AGM_72 said:

Aye, I don't hold much hope of it getting better either. I just think the 1 year extension (which was immensely stupid), is a clear signal of intent from the board. 

The only thing stopping me wanting him gone now is that the guys in charge of finding his replacement have proven themselves incapable. Which is no defense of him at all. 

The football structure above the manager has to be sorted first, otherwise we're depending heavily on luck to get it right (more so than we usually would).

He's far too weak for me. Same goal lost time and time again no matter the level of opposition. We are far too easy to play against, far too predictable and I just can't be fucked watching the same movie play out time after time 

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

This will be controversial and he absolutely had to go so it’s not a suggestion otherwise.

But went and watched the highlights of the two PSV games and the first OF from last season.

For all the faults we still looked far better than we do now.

How long are the highlight videos? I don't think those two PSV ones will give a fair reflection of just how second best we were in those games. :lol:

Just now, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

He's far too weak for me. Same goal lost time and time again no matter the level of opposition. We are far too easy to play against, far too predictable and I just can't be fucked watching the same movie play out time after time 

Completely agree mate. It's a depressing place to be for the third season in a row. 

Just now, AGM_72 said:

How long are the highlight videos? I don't think those two PSV ones will give a fair reflection of just how second best we were in those games. :lol:

5-6 minutes, so I know you can’t read too much into it.

I get the OF game was a home one and they had players out but it looked night and day in terms of balance of play and the amount of open play opportunities we created.

9 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

Giving him that extension let's him see out 2024. I think he's done early next year tho. Caretaker until the summer with a new management team in then. We really do need to get away from sacking managers full stop but especially around September /October /November.  It's becoming a thing. For this season imo we just need to get through it get to next summer and start afresh. 

1 hour ago, B1872 said:

I thought muscat would have been a good get for us last time. He sets up similar to the aussie wank a style we know works in this league. No doubt but our board wouldn't get him the players needed to implement his style. 

As for next time I don't think he would come now. Report recently where both Miller and Moore said the boat had sailed after he missed out last time. It said he was interviewed twice for it.