Is Clement getting an easy ride?

On 09/09/2024 at 17:42, ExiledWeegie123 said:

I've basically lost all confidence in him at this point, he waffles shite mostly and none of his signing inspire much confidence, hes another in a list of managers who have won championships in other countries but struggle to suss out the Scottish game, buys lightweight players when we need at least a couple who can break some legs when needed, I dont see him being what we need in the long term.

We can still win The Shots on target League. 

1 hour ago, RM Monitor And Standards Officer said:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Fucking hell. He should've been away in the summer but some of this stuff is fucking nuts 

Just getting stupid on here now about Tav 😂

25 minutes ago, JimmyCR1 said:

My own opinion is we got the old “new manager bounce” went on a run without really showing any real style of play or blowing anyone away. We got to the top of the league.

Then we came up against celtic and that’s where the honeymoon ended, same old problems started to rear their ugly head, and the bottle well and truly crashed from then on.

And basically since then it’s been all downhill barring a very few sparse performances.

I don’t and haven’t enjoyed watching us play for years now. It’s tragic, but this guy is taking us in the opposite direction of where we need to be IMO.

5 old firm games without barely laying a glove on them was enough for me. 

I honestly was as bad as I’ve felt watching us for about 20 years against Kiev. Absolute hoofball to no one.

Ross County was much better to be fair, but in general his football is absolutely terrible. 

28 minutes ago, JimmyCR1 said:

My own opinion is we got the old “new manager bounce” went on a run without really showing any real style of play or blowing anyone away. We got to the top of the league.

Then we came up against celtic and that’s where the honeymoon ended, same old problems started to rear their ugly head, and the bottle well and truly crashed from then on.

And basically since then it’s been all downhill barring a very few sparse performances.

I don’t and haven’t enjoyed watching us play for years now. It’s tragic, but this guy is taking us in the opposite direction of where we need to be IMO.

This

1 hour ago, JimmyCR1 said:

We blew Hearts away.
We got beat by Motherwell and Benfica before the 3-3 draw with celtic at Ibrox. 

1 hour ago, JimmyCR1 said:

nail on head

12 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Nah no for me man. 

IMG_5671.png

Haha what did you want him to say? Dont sign for those tarrier tramps!

Do you not realise that foreigners will speak to fellow countrymen when moving to a new country it’s not that deep.

Do you not understand that players from foreign countries go out with each regardless of what team they play for when abroad.

3 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Haha what did you want him to say? Dont sign for those tarrier tramps!

Do you not realise that foreigners will speak to fellow countrymen when moving to a new country it’s not that deep.

Do you not understand that players from foreign countries go out with each regardless of what team they play for when abroad.

I’d rather he didn’t tell him to sign and big up how a great club they are, no!

5 minutes ago, B1872 said:

I’d rather he didn’t tell him to sign and big up how a great club they are, no!

Asked if Clement had wished him well at his new club, he said: "Yeah, he said it was a good step for me. We spoke a bit of course from the last years we were together in Brugge. So yeah, nothing special actually. He wished me good luck and that's it."

That’s all it says. 

5 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Where are you on Clement now?

I liked the way he handled the Cantwell and Hagi situations but other than that it's hard to make any positive argument. I do think he's working with one hand tied behind his back and he isn't the main issue at the club but some of his decisions and comments in the press are mental and he needs to take responsibility for that. 

I doubt he is the man for the job but I think we need to take a long term approach and bringing in a new manager into this situation is going to have him on the back foot right away so I think we need to persist with him and pray that some of the more experienced guys we've signed like Propper, Cerny and Bajrami can settle quickly and take us up a level or two.

Even if it gets to the point where there's no choice and he has to go I'd be leaning to going down the caretaker route(unless an unbelievable candidate is available obviously) until the end of the season, we need to get out of the cycle of changing managers mid season.

8 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

I liked the way he handled the Cantwell and Hagi situations but other than that it's hard to make any positive argument. I do think he's working with one hand tied behind his back and he isn't the main issue at the club but some of his decisions and comments in the press are mental and he needs to take responsibility for that. 

I doubt he is the man for the job but I think we need to take a long term approach and bringing in a new manager into this situation is going to have him on the back foot right away so I think we need to persist with him and pray that some of the more experienced guys we've signed like Propper, Cerny and Bajrami can settle quickly and take us up a level or two.

Even if it gets to the point where there's no choice and he has to go I'd be leaning to going down the caretaker route(unless an unbelievable candidate is available obviously) until the end of the season, we need to get out of the cycle of changing managers mid season.

The way he’s handled the Cantwell and Hagi situations has been pretty shocking tbh.

Generally agree that we have to stick with him now until it becomes completely impossible to though.

Hopefully we don’t reach that point. Think it largely depends on to what degree he has the squad on his side, if he loses a group he has no chance.

5 hours ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Absolutely agree about caretaker. Why let a new guy start next season in same situation as he will lose more old firms than he wins with this squad.

10 hours ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

That’s it for me, if he’s going someone else can’t come straight in.

Plenty of people say he’s not judged on last season then immediately bring up form from last season, if he doesn’t succeed at least he will be known for finally enacting the long needed clearout.

1 hour ago, J-Maestro said:

That’s it for me, if he’s going someone else can’t come straight in.

Plenty of people say he’s not judged on last season then immediately bring up form from last season, if he doesn’t succeed at least he will be known for finally enacting the long needed clearout.

Ironically it’s the good spell of form from last season that’s keeping a number of fans onside. 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

Ironically it’s the good spell of form from last season that’s keeping a number of fans onside. 

Yeah that's true, although I don't think this season's results would be looked at through the same lens if he just came in during the Summer.

3 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

Yeah that's true, although I don't think this season's results would be looked at through the same lens if he just came in during the Summer.

If you look at this season in isolation, he's been unfortunate with timing to a degree. 3 major setbacks so close together:

- Dropping out of the UCL qualifiers.

- Dropped points away to Hearts.

- Got a doing at CP.

All of these things have happened to some of our greatest teams, just not all at once, so the weight of it all feels heavier.

Can only hope things start to click quickly though, because this season is looking like it'll be a slog. 

On 11/09/2024 at 13:30, DeanMK said:

If you look at this season in isolation, he's been unfortunate with timing to a degree. 3 major setbacks so close together:

- Dropping out of the UCL qualifiers.

- Dropped points away to Hearts.

- Got a doing at CP.

All of these things have happened to some of our greatest teams, just not all at once, so the weight of it all feels heavier.

Can only hope things start to click quickly though, because this season is looking like it'll be a slog. 

Another issue as well is that for the majority of fans, this is the furthest ahead that mob have ever been over us, and they look like going further ahead instead of us closing the gap 

Even under the shitty days of eck or walters 2nd stint where the bank had the reigns, we still had money, still had a team (albeit ecks second season was a bit of a shitter) and we had some form of hope

Now it seems theres fuck all hope for us, we just continually change managers, spend what little money we have on shite while our greatest rivals spend money we can only dream of

This is our version of what the tarriers went through in the 90's

On 11/09/2024 at 03:42, MacBoyd said:

Absolutely agree about caretaker. Why let a new guy start next season in same situation as he will lose more old firms than he wins with this squad.

Be as well giving Clement the rest of the season then, no?