***** The Official Union Berlin v Rangers Friendly *****

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Think his confidence in the 4 in front of him is shot and he's second guessing everything like most goalkeepers do when your defence is a shambles.

Fair to an extent but some of the goals he's let in since Benfica haven't been down to the defence at all

Ideally, Diomande & Barron shouldn't have played the whole 90 minutes, Had they gotten injured because of fatigue we would have been truly fucked for next Saturday. But with Dowell sick, Lammers away, Hagi and Cantwell all but out the door, and Lowry nowhere to be found, what choice did we have? Dodged one imo.

30 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

When you look back at the match thread when the team was announced : Dessers, Lawrence and Wright starting was :ang:x10 or whatever.

Two of they three scored our four goals. That in itself is quite worrying based on that. 

What's worrying about it? 

14 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

Fair to an extent but some of the goals he's let in since Benfica haven't been down to the defence at all

Don't think he's completely innocent but he's never been a hugely reliable keeper in the past either. When he had a settled and performing 4 in front of him he does far better. Benfica was about the time Goldson completely collapsed as a defender too.

55 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

When you look back at the match thread when the team was announced : Dessers, Lawrence and Wright starting was :ang:x10 or whatever.

Two of they three scored our four goals. That in itself is quite worrying based on that. 

Goes to show you what supporters know.

Wright is still a greyhound with no end product though imo 

10 minutes ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

The fact that many think they should be nowhere near the team, starting line up, whichever way you want to cut it. 

Whoever starts in the forward positions we've got to expect them to score, i don't see that as worrying regardless of whether they are near the team or not. What is worrying is that what seems to be his favoured back 5 are conceding soo many weak goals. 

Jefte and Cortes can not play together that's a fact. 

3 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Strange game.

The front 6 done ok.

I’ll give Jefte grace since he’s new and stepping up levels but the rest of the back 4 just wont do.

The manager has a massive decision to make regarding Tav.

As for the goalie, it’s becoming a bit of an issue now.

Was good to see a bit of life in the attack today, if a bit out of the blue.

What you say about the defence including Tav is spot on.

Butland?

There’s a reason that, before us, he’s spent the thick end of his career at Stoke City.

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

Ideally, Diomande & Barron shouldn't have played the whole 90 minutes, Had they gotten injured because of fatigue we would have been truly fucked for next Saturday. But with Dowell sick, Lammers away, Hagi and Cantwell all but out the door, and Lowry nowhere to be found, what choice did we have? Dodged one imo.

Don't see why they shouldn't.

We need them match fit.

A week to rest too.

Just now, Drunk and disorderly. said:

I wouldn't be too harsh on Butland.

It's only pre season and our defence is a shambles.

Most posters thought he was our best player last season.

I'm more concerned about the 4 in front of him.

Fair point but I thought the initial good start faded around the time of the England talk.

And while we can use preseason to excuse some rustiness elsewhere in the team, the goalkeeper generally doesn’t get the grace of 4 or 5 games to get up to speed.

Fully agree about the 4 in front though👍

Just now, HG5 said:

Fair point but I thought the initial good start faded around the time of the England talk.

And while we can use preseason to excuse some rustiness elsewhere in the team, the goalkeeper generally doesn’t get the grace of 4 or 5 games to get up to speed.

Fully agree about the 4 in front though👍

He could maybe have done better for 2 of the goals today tbh.

He will be upset that he didn't keep a clean sheet and livid that he let 4 goals in. 

That is Rangers standards.

I'm confident he will turn it on when it matters though 

9 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

He could maybe have done better for 2 of the goals today tbh.

He will be upset that he didn't keep a clean sheet and livid that he let 4 goals in. 

That is Rangers standards.

I'm confident he will turn it on when it matters though 

Hope he is upset - that’s what drives improvement!

Fingers crossed he’s getting the ricks out the way early on!

58 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

If Sterling is still injured next Sat, I would play Balogun at RB. I don't rate King at all and Tav can't start after his last two displays.

Balogun at right back makes sense and would give us a decent defender in the back line. With Cerny hopefully on the right wing as well it may give the whole team better quality and balance.

the defense is a major major worry and i would have said we have a safe pair of hands in butland, however i'm not confident in him, well with that being said, midfield impressed me (hopefully lawrence can stay fit) and as for dessers, i honestly don't know what to say about him, one miniute he's shite and the next he thinks he's marco negri.

59 minutes ago, roboscot said:

I watched the game live and thought it was pretty entertaining and exactly what you want from a pre season friendly.

1. Was fairly end to end, so helped within match fitness.

2. We scored some very good goals and had a bit of energy in the final 3rd for a change, and 

3. Still made a c*** of things defensively.

id rather we made an arse of things in pre season and made an effort in sorting things out than stroll all our warm games and get exposed by teams more familiar with our weak spots.

4 hours ago, Boybluesy said:

To be kind to Tav he wasn’t getting any help from Wright

Possibly.  But his ship has long since sailed. If he is our first choice RB this season we are getting smashed, and the filths LW will be looking forward to 4 games this season again where he will destroy Tav.