*****The Official Hearts v Rangers Match Thread *****

7 hours ago, Rigamonti said:

When long balls, crosses, corners, long throws came into our box Goldson attacked them. He won the vast majority of them - but as soon as he didn't it was "FFS Goldson". Even though the other centre back (pick any one over 6 years) was in comparison nowhere to be seen.

He had his faults, but attacking the ball in our box wasn't one of them.

If we don't sign somebody pronto, we'll see a difference this season, and not for the better.

Really? I’d have said Helander, Balogun and even Katic were very good in the air. 

The issue we had with those 3x was that Helander was always crocked (but was the best CB at the club), Balogun can’t play every game and Katic was only good as a siege defender. 

15 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Really? I’d have said Helander, Balogun and even Katic were very good in the air. 

The issue we had with those 3x was that Helander was always crocked (but was the best CB at the club), Balogun can’t play every game and Katic was only good as a siege defender. 

Helander nowhere near physical enough, too easily outmuscled. Balogun, as you say, missed too many games, so was LITERALLY often nowhere to be seen. Katic wasn't bad at attacking the ball, I agree, but that was about the limit to his game. Preferred Goldson to all three, just my opinion.. 

Anyway, he's gone. Hopefully we'll replace him well, and quickly.

46 minutes ago, Rigamonti said:

Helander nowhere near physical enough, too easily outmuscled. Balogun, as you say, missed too many games, so was LITERALLY often nowhere to be seen. Katic wasn't bad at attacking the ball, I agree, but that was about the limit to his game. Preferred Goldson to all three, just my opinion.. 

Anyway, he's gone. Hopefully we'll replace him well, and quickly.

Are you having a laugh? Helander was solid and if fit, more secure than Goldson.

2020/21 we conceded like two goals (the whole season) when Helander was in the team.

Screenshot_20240731-1604442.thumb.png.2cbe53485d290a1fa0e48021bc7f5d93.png

Butland

Sterling  Souttar Propper Ridvan

Barron  Diomande

Lawrence

Cerny    Dessers   Cortés

* I would prefer Danilo, but he's not ready.

** Balogun for Sterling if not fit.

*** Hopefully two new exciting signings on the bench or watching from the stands.

1 hour ago, plymouthranger said:

You forgot the fridge Edmunson 🤣

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

Butland

Sterling  Souttar Propper Ridvan

Barron  Diomande

Lawrence

Cerny    Dessers   Cortés

* I would prefer Danilo, but he's not ready.

** Balogun for Sterling if not fit.

*** Hopefully two new exciting signings on the bench or watching from the stands.

Why Ridvan over Jefte ?  

3 minutes ago, JackAlex93 said:

Just don't want him anywhere near our starting line up going in to another season. Sick of him

Its definitely time to move him, thanks for your service good luck and goodbye. 

Need two new right backs