*****The Official Hearts v Rangers Match Thread *****

4 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

thats just it they all these players weaknesses and how do you pick the right players when they are all so similar in playing style and all so shit 

Start Balogun and Cerny instead of Wright and Davies just for one. 

I am not a top European manager and that seems a better decision - and not with hindsight said when team lines came out and having seen Wright and Davies more than once.

Hearts had more power and dig, they were at home so would run hard - again that's not a secret insite I have, surely our manager knows that too. 

So match it don't have players in the team that won't run, press or show some strength. 

Anyway kinda sick of running the manager down - he is here for a while as is the football he wants to play and the players he picks. 

35 minutes ago, ArranRfc said:

Woeful performance there. Still no style of play. Too many useless players out there. How Dessers gets 90 mins whilst Danillo sitting on the bench is beyond me.

I didnt see anyone in our team that you would say is better than the Hearts players. We're kidding ourselves on, these guys are Hearts/ Aberdeen/ Hibs level on more money.

3 minutes ago, Amato said:

That's a lot of pish. In what sense is the job "too big" for him?

When he comes out with Caixinha levels of nonsense after bad performances. He's said it himself, the job is much bigger than he first thought. 

2 minutes ago, chris182 said:

He needs to be given time (and will I think) to mould a team in this system and style. Gerrard managed it and he was a rookie. Agree it's a massive job though.

Gerrard had a clear style tho it was just a case of increasing the players quality over time. 

What is our style? That's his biggest issue here and it'll get him the sack because we are awful to watch 

The problem we have is there’s not really a position where anyone is good enough.

Tav’s done, Balogun too old, Davies pish, Souttar average, Ridvan be better off back in Turkey, Jefte is a LB version of Tav. 

Diomande doesn’t look good enough (I’d give him time tbf). Barron looking half decent,

Can’t even offload Cantwell, Hagi, and Wright, Mattondo, Lawrence, Dowell, Dessers are just pish.

So we might be ok with Butland, Sterling, Propper, Barron, Danilio (deserves time) and possibly Diomande and Cortes. The rest can fuck off.

The manager is starting to look like a fucking idiot as well, surely he has to pick players he wants at the club. If he wants Wright, Dowell or Lawrence then we’re truly fucked.

Play the youngsters who’ve been on fringe of the squad and give them experience till he can recruits players he wants. Why pick players he’s knows aren’t good enough and aren’t in his plans?

They fringe players could surprise us with some rapid progression, there would certainly be greater commitment.

6 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

Who’s the new up and coming right back in the squad that replaced him? 

agree from that point of view, but we have that hardly anywhere. if we had worked similarly to selling him, we might have more options in every area. RB is the last real dilemma we had. we didn't have to replace him with the same standard as he still wasn't a first team player

5 minutes ago, molesmole said:

Start Balogun and Cerny instead of Wright and Davies just for one. 

I am not a top European manager and that seems a better decision - and not with hindsight said when team lines came out and having seen Wright and Davies more than once.

Hearts had more power and dig, they were at home so would run hard - again that's not a secret insite I have, surely our manager knows that too. 

So match it don't have players in the team that won't run, press or show some strength. 

Anyway kinda sick of running the manager down - he is here for a while as is the football he wants to play and the players he picks. 

i agree he should have started with balogun and cerny but look at what you've just said 3 of those players shouldn't be here

i can only think he kept them on the bench because cerny could have been caught cold in his first game and davies experience would have done the job till it was time for balogun to take over

Dessers was a 6, tried but ultimately no service and not good enough when chances came.

Lawrence, Wright, Cortes were a 4 - totally ineffectual, no interplay, no service forward. A horror show

Barron, Diomande were a 6 - out numbered and out muscled in the middle, no support from front 3. Chased shadows.

Yilmaz, Butland were a 6 - Yilmaz got forward but too many wayward passes. Butland did ok but flapped a bit.

Tav, Souttar were a 4 - no impact, looked suspect.

Davies was a 3 - bombscare.

Dowell - 2, why?

Matondo - 2, headless chicken.

Cerny - 4, did little.

Just now, Rowley Birkin said:

i agree he should have started with balogun and cerny but look at what you've just said 3 of those players shouldn't be here

i can only think he kept them on the bench because cerny could have been caught cold in his first game and davies experience would have done the job till it was time for balogun to take over

Cerny didn't even have a pre-season, if he broke down in the first half the same fans would be calling for Clements head for starting him.

Struggling to find many positives from today, maybe Barron.

Biggest negative for me was how slow and ponderous we are in moving the ball.

Not that Cortes was good but if he’s injured medium term and we have Matondo or Wright in the starting team every week then god help us.

3 minutes ago, Graham said:

agree from that point of view, but we have that hardly anywhere. if we had worked similarly to selling him, we might have more options in every area. RB is the last real dilemma we had. we didn't have to replace him with the same standard as he still wasn't a first team player

I’m just depressed mate 😂 going to moan about everything until we turn in a performance.

6 minutes ago, theiconicman said:

Dessers was a 6, tried but ultimately no service and not good enough when chances came.

Lawrence, Wright, Cortes were a 4 - totally ineffectual, no interplay, no service forward. A horror show

Barron, Diomande were a 6 - out numbered and out muscled in the middle, no support from front 3. Chased shadows.

Yilmaz, Butland were a 6 - Yilmaz got forward but too many wayward passes. Butland did ok but flapped a bit.

Tav, Souttar were a 4 - no impact, looked suspect.

Davies was a 3 - bombscare.

Dowell - 2, why?

Matondo - 2, headless chicken.

Cerny - 4, did little.

I thought Matondo did a lot more than Cortes when he came on. He’s still shite but he tried to be direct and make things happen.  Diomande was our worst player today.

1 minute ago, bassettger said:

Hopeless. Will be watching Arsenal this season who might not win anything but at least have footballers. Absolutely awful team and any manager who serves up that shit should be sacked. Clement is full of bullshit.

You'll be watching Arsenal instead of Rangers?

Another stupid clement comment” it would be great to put Danilo on for the last 10 mins but he’s not fit yet”  when is he going to get fit if you don’t play him? If a guy who’s been training since the beginning of June can’t go on for 10 mins he may as well chuck it. 

1 minute ago, bassettger said:

Hopeless. Will be watching Arsenal this season who might not win anything but at least have footballers. Absolutely awful team and any manager who serves up that shit should be sacked. Clement is full of bullshit.

enjoy the arsenal forums👌

2 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

I’m just depressed mate 😂 going to moan about everything until we turn in a performance.

same mate, plus I'm pished. glad you didn't question me cos I'm not sure my argument was making sense anymore 🤣🤣