Tom Lawrence

We're just too big a club for him, too much responsibility. Back to Derby in League 1 would suit him once his £20k+ a week contract ends next season,having done fuck all for us I'm guessing.

Bags a couple in pre-seasom friendlies then when the real games start he's Pish.

Probably no poorer than 6 or 7 others but he's in a positional where we need him to be creative and bag goals.

One of the players that's better thought of when hes injured.

19 hours ago, Number5 said:

We're just too big a club for him, too much responsibility. Back to Derby in League 1 would suit him once his £20k+ a week contract ends next season,having done fuck all for us I'm guessing.

Bags a couple in pre-seasom friendlies then when the real games start he's Pish.

Probably no poorer than 6 or 7 others but he's in a positional where we need him to be creative and bag goals.

One of the players that's better thought of when hes injured.

He’s on about £28k p/w, so it’s a fair bit more than the £20k quoted (same with Matondo and Davies).

Fucking staggering we committed to an outlay of nearly £4.5million a year in wages over 3-4 seasons (think Lawrence was 3 years and the other two are 4 year deals).

Means those 3x will cost us circa £16million in wages over the length of their contracts, with transfer fees of circa £6-7million as well. So £24-25million on those 3x players, all of which we’ll see fuck all return for and not sell for any money. 

That’s more than we got for reaching the Europa League final. An absolute fucking shambles of a summer under Ross Wilson. 

2 minutes ago, TerryTibbs said:

Seeing Lowry’s goals last night, I can’t help but wish that Clement would give him another chance. Lawrence right now offers absolutely fuck all. Zero. And seems to get chance after chance to do nothing again and again. Lowry will be on low wages and doesn’t give us a big payout if we sell/give away. If we’re at the stage of pissing with the cock we’ve got, we should be using him.

Yep, get Lawrence tae fuck if possible. Should be nowhere near us.

1 hour ago, TerryTibbs said:

Seeing Lowry’s goals last night, I can’t help but wish that Clement would give him another chance. Lawrence right now offers absolutely fuck all. Zero. And seems to get chance after chance to do nothing again and again. Lowry will be on low wages and doesn’t give us a big payout if we sell/give away. If we’re at the stage of pissing with the cock we’ve got, we should be using him.

Couldn't care less what his attitude is like in training, the attitude I see from some of our players on the pitch is absolutely shocking. The boy should be playing regularly this season and if he's not good enough, fair enough. But Ross McCausland isn't fucking good enough either yet he features most weeks, so 🤷🏻‍♂️

2 hours ago, TerryTibbs said:

I posted on here last week that it was a crying shame that lowry apparently has a rotten attitude cos the boy has bags of ability. You never know, maybe the penny has dropped with the lad and he now realises what he has to do to make it here. If thats the case then clement surely must give him a chance ahead of lawrence. If not he is simply cutting of his nose to spite his face.

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Barron

Diamonde

Dowell

Cantwell

Hagi

Lowry

Rice

Sterling- semi fit

All capable of playing midfield or Lawrences cam role.

Don't want to play for the club and made that clear in the months preceding. Get them out, Dowell doesn't even count as kit man never mind CM, Lowry isn't good enough. Rice has played how many senior games?

1 minute ago, J-Maestro said:

Don't want to play for the club and made that clear in the months preceding. Get them out, Dowell doesn't even count as kit man never mind CM, Lowry isn't good enough. Rice has played how many senior games?

I’m most stunned at the suggestion that Barron could play “Lawrence’s cam role”.

2 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I’m most stunned at the suggestion that Barron could play “Lawrence’s cam role”.

I'm just stunned that as a support we've spoke about wanting charlatans and cunts that don't want to be here out the club, yet we want the manager to roll over and get his belly tickled by Cantwell and Hagi who made it clear they didn't want to play for the club anymore.

2 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

I'm just stunned that as a support we've spoke about wanting charlatans and cunts that don't want to be here out the club, yet we want the manager to roll over and get his belly tickled by Cantwell and Hagi who made it clear they didn't want to play for the club anymore.

There's a clause in hagis contract that gets him a big pay rise and lump sum if he plays again and cantwell asked to leave, that's the foundations of no playing them before you even speak about quality etc. 

3 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

There's a clause in hagis contract that gets him a big pay rise and lump sum if he plays again and cantwell asked to leave, that's the foundations of no playing them before you even speak about quality etc. 

Hagi and his agent were mouthing off about staying in Spain too.

6 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Absolutely bang on. 

9 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Clement could have handled the Cantwell saga better though. Its been obvious he dislikes him but its made its way into the media. 

Could have pulled him in to his officice and told him to cut out the social media nonsense as it is an embarrassment or he wouldn't play and let it go no further and he'd have stopped it. 

Its continued though and mad eits way into the public domain. 

5 minutes ago, Blue Hugh said:

Clement could have handled the Cantwell saga better though. Its been obvious he dislikes him but its made its way into the media. 

Could have pulled him in to his officice and told him to cut out the social media nonsense as it is an embarrassment or he wouldn't play and let it go no further and he'd have stopped it. 

Its continued though and mad eits way into the public domain. 

He gave him plenty of chances though?

13 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

There's issues around all of them but it's wrong to say there's only 3 fit CMs.

Clement has played his part too in rejecting 3 natural no10s in Lowry Hagi and Cantwell.  If they're not sold then bar Lowry they've longer contracts so worth more to us than Lawrence who will leave for nothing in may.  All 3 would add the guile and flair Clement seems not to want.

Dowell is as shit as Lawrence and could play beside Barron to get Dio forward.

So it's a project but Rice shouldn't be considered, but we spunk cash on foreign youths who don't contribute?

Persisting with Lawrence isn't even futile, it's actually damaging us. He fails to press, fails to be close to Dessers, and doesn't even try to block the goal the other night. It's Danilo being on the bench but not to be considered level of fucked up tbh.

27 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I've not said that. I've said they can play the midfield role or the cam role. With some including Barron it's the midfield one which could allow Dio and the 3 mentioned to play the cam/ 10 role.

26 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Your manager has said he'll roll over and get his tummy tickled if the players say they've changed their minds 😂

25 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Is that confirmed, heard the rumour.

If he doesn't go out on loan or get sold we just pay him til may 2026 not to play and get his bonus? 😂