Robin Propper

I thought it was a decent debut.

He was always available for the ball from Butland which allowed Barron to remain further up the pitch, as opposed to dropping very deep which he’d been doing in pre-season.

Fuck all he could have done for the own goal. If we’re critiquing the play, then Tav shouldn’t have allowed the cross to come in and Souttar’s half-arsed touch made it a more dangerous ball than it already was.

Looking forward to seeing how he does tomorrow night.

14 hours ago, MisterC said:

So what's the thoughts on him then? Desperately unlucky for the own goal I thought, a wicked and needless deflection left him in the worst catch 22 situation.

But other than I was impressed by him and I enjoyed a crunching challenge he put in on 11 mins, which prompted the inevitable propper defender line. He also won the majority of his duels including many with that striker they had who was a thorn in our side at times.

Some good passes too and the right sort ie in front of the full back to run on to and generally I thought his distribution was decent.

Overall a good debut, shame the own goal took some of the gloss off it but it was a pleasing performance for me.

Agree with all of this.  The one thing our central defence is still missing though is a commanding figure who will be first to the ball in the air at corners (both ends).  I don't think Propper is that type, and Souttar has already shown that he's as useless in this respect as Goldson was. 

2 minutes ago, Trooblue said:

Agree with all of this.  The one thing our central defence is still missing though is a commanding figure who will be first to the ball in the air at corners (both ends).  I don't think Propper is that type, and Souttar has already shown that he's as useless in this respect as Goldson was. 

Diamande appears to be our main aerial threat !

11 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

He looks more like the player I'd have replaced Souttar with than the one I'd replace Goldson with, so hopefully we'll still be in the market for 1 more particularly given Balogun can't stay fit enough for us to rely on him

Ideally we should go for Harry Souttar, he has all the attributes for what we need and it might also help John having his brother there pushing him along.

Hopefully he is fit enough for a few 90 min games as it looks like he will play most games with Balogun injured. 

I would have kept Goldson as partner but understand we needed his wages away. 

Soutter - is alright but prone to howlers

Davies - Just not strong enough and needs to much time.

King - don't see it with him.

I just don't think Soutter can read a game. He's always out of position and he constantly allows strikers to run off him. He has no idea what's going on around him sometimes.

2 minutes ago, MarzM said:

I just don't think Soutter can read a game. He's always out of position and he constantly allows strikers to run off him. He has no idea what's going on around him sometimes.

Souttar has started the season poorly. Last season, he was confident carrying the ball out of defence. I've not seen anything close to that so far this season.