Is Butland’s form becoming a problem?

28 minutes ago, Blacky Bear said:

Jury out for me.

Apart from saves when it doesn't really matter against the bum bashers. He has been dug shit for the big saves at important times against them.

Maybe harsh as used to 4 goalies spread over nearly 40 years who could actually shut them out and if not win game against filth, would give us a fighting chance more often or not.

my order of excellence is still, rest have been dug shit.

The Goalie

Greegs

Woods

Klos

Dibble - special mention

Watterous - special mention 

As much as he didn't play much do to Klos I thought Scottish Anti Niemmi was a great keeper. Hard to argue with your top 4. Woods I was slightly too young to remember so I'd have Klos above him.

Also I think majority of last season Butland saved us a lot of points.

Save he made in motherwell game last week was outstanding.

Would hate to be a goalkeeper, no room for error.

Doubt a goalie Jack's age, and playing in scotland, is going for anywhere near prices quoted.

Very much linked to the state of the defence. 

His kicking is pretty poor tbf 

But does make very very good saves to keep us in games.

Obviously sets a very high standard- which has slipped a bit- as the teams confidence has nosedived.

Going to get assurances from the board is a concern. 

1 minute ago, molesmole said:

Very much linked to the state of the defence. 

His kicking is pretty poor tbf 

But does make very very good saves to keep us in games.

Obviously sets a very high standard- which has slipped a bit- as the teams confidence has nosedived.

Going to get assurances from the board is a concern. 

He's getting assurances because he's noticing the complete failure, like we all are from the board. Don't blame him at all for that, considering he's away to be club captain when the carcass of a right back leaves.

27 minutes ago, Albertz85 said:

As much as he didn't play much do to Klos I thought Scottish Anti Niemmi was a great keeper. Hard to argue with your top 4. Woods I was slightly too young to remember so I'd have Klos above him.

Showing my age, Jim Stewart and Peter McCloy pur dug shit then Nicky Walker not much better. But all beat SELIK.

1 hour ago, Blacky Bear said:

Jury out for me.

Apart from saves when it doesn't really matter against the bum bashers. He has been dug shit for the big saves at important times against them.

Maybe harsh as used to 4 goalies spread over nearly 40 years who could actually shut them out and if not win game against filth, would give us a fighting chance more often or not.

The Goalie

Greegs

Woods

Klos

Dibble - special mention

Wattereus was a great signing by big eck . Slotted in seamlessly, Had a good game at the piggery and never looked flustered. His last few weeks turned it a bit sour but masterstroke by eck . 

if the defenders all stand about letting the attacker of the opposition run past them on a constant basis, jump over the ball while the keeper is unsighted, move their head out of the way while a ball is being crossed into the box, or just stand about while the keeper can only do so much by trying palm the ball away after a powerful strike then that's a defensive issue.

the only howlers he's made was during pre season so no i don't see jack being a issue..........the defence on the other hand is a big massive problem.

50 minutes ago, Albertz85 said:

Also I think majority of last season Butland saved us a lot of points.

Save he made in motherwell game last week was outstanding.

Would hate to be a goalkeeper, no room for error.

Doubt a goalie Jack's age, and playing in scotland, is going for anywhere near prices quoted.

I've never thought it was possible. How much did Nottingham bid?

Tavs Nlunder in 3 all for 1st goal should have still been saved by him.

That bottom left hand now gives me the fear.

No where near the standard set by others. Legends right through to the best on the planet we have had.

15 hours ago, gmcf said:

I thought his form dipped at the end of last season , don't think it's been too bad this one . 

I think anyone criticising him this season is basing it on the pre-season games. He's been good in the competitive games imo

1 hour ago, Albertz85 said:

I’m old enough to have seen Woods at Elland Road, as a teenager in his debut season!

2 hours ago, Blacky Bear said:

Jury out for me.

The Goalie

Greegs

Woods

Klos

Dibble - special mention

Neil Alexander was no bad.

Blaming the defence for his form is nonsense and another example of the fan base having players they want to like and the ones they want to blame for everything. In theory every single shot a keeper ever faces is an attack which a defence has failed to stop from reaching the keeper. But once it gets to that the keeper needs to then do his part. And in this regard he’s not covered himself in glory recently 

Butland is a good keeper but we've been spoilt by having some great keepers over the years.  But then we have also had some great outfield players over the years and now we have mediocrity everywhere.  I'm genuinely struggling to think of any player in the current squad that would've been good enough to be a squad player when we were winning nine in a row or qualifying for European finals.

4 hours ago, Blacky Bear said:

Jury out for me.

The Goalie

Greegs

Woods

Klos

Dibble - special mention

Even the likes of Charbonnier and Alexander were of a good level.

We’re quite fortunate we’ve never really had a Rab Douglas, Barkas type.

Maybe Foderingham but even then he did a job in the lower leagues. 

For me it seems like a no-brainer if we can get any sort of decent-to-high fee for him, or at least if that fee is paid in one and we can definitely use that for our desperately-needed new signings. My only fear is that there's so many areas of the pitch that needs money spent on them right now.

I'm sure he will be on one of our higher wages too.