Shifting the deadwood

10 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Another thread about rubbish players ffs

we simply cannot shift the amount of players people go on about. It’s inconceivable 

The club are absolutely attempting to.

Just no one wants them, or the players won’t lower their wage demands. 

7 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

I think Hagi and Cantwell yes. But while he continues to use the rest of the deadwood (Wright, Dowell, King, Matondo etc) there’s no reason for them to be actively looking elsewhere. They need dropped completely and sent to the B team to let them know the score. 

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

I think Hagi and Cantwell yes. But while he continues to use the rest of the deadwood (Wright, Dowell, King, Matondo etc) there’s no reason for them to be actively looking elsewhere. They need dropped completely and sent to the B team to let them know the score. 

King isn’t deadwood.

Davies is linked away, as is Matondo. 

9 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

29 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

King isn’t deadwood.

Davies is linked away, as is Matondo. 

Contradiction 

51 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

King is not the answer mate. Started at CH, moved to midfield and then RB. He needs to move on.

I agree. Criticise him more than most, but he’s hardly ‘deadwood’.

Who are we classing as deadwood? Some obvious ones need to be offloaded while others are a bit on the trickier side. Scott Wright is a must-go for me, cost us the Scottish Cup last season. No clue why Clement still plays him. Ridvan is too wee and too injury-prone, but a class player. Raskin is becoming the new Roofe. Matondo goes through phases of being absolute garbage fading into the background then bursting into form like a whippet on speed. He's a one-trick pony, his pace is his gimmick. What has he got to other besides that? Too inconsistent. I'm hoping we get a good bit of profit from Blackburn. I don't know if it's the team or the league but something seems like it's holding him back from success. We get the occasional glimpse of it then he slowly disappears back into obscurity. Dessers rejecting the Atlanta United move isn't surprising, he divides fan's opinions but he does score goals - just misses a lot of sitters. I would give him another chance bother throwing him to the Americans. I get it's an emerging market but which would you rather play in: the CONCACAF Champions Cup or the UEFA Europa League? It's an obvious choice. Todd Cantwell is too busy posting shushburgers or whatever it is on TikTok and Instagram and Hagi wants out. Rumour has it Nottingham Forest is putting in a £7 million bid, so he can bugger off to play EPL fitba and we get a bit of dosh back in return. Davies is reliable and gets the job done, but there are better options out there. Lawrence isn't the best and Souttar is alright. Tavernier isn't going to go this window, but maybe in the Winter transfer window we'll see him get a move to a Turkish or Saudi Arabian club - hopefully for decent money. 

We do have a lot of good players in our squad now, Sterling is built like a brick ****house and is a versatile utility player. I could see him being captain or vice-captain at some point, he is usually a peg above the rest and you can see that within his performances. Got his Europa League signed jersey in my wardrobe and plan on framing it. McCausland is young but gifted, saving our arses a few times. Cerny played with Danilo before so there is some chemistry in the squad. He made an instant impact at the club as well with an assist and a goal in two games. I could go on, but we know that the core foundations are there to reverse the decline we've seen over the years. I'm not a happy clapper either, I know how incompetent the board are. It's ridiculous how we went from 55, a Europa League final and a Scottish Cup win to this in a matter of two seasons. Clement looks stressed out of his mind and you can hear the irritation in his voice. This isn't what he signed up for, but he's committed his loyalty to us and we have to back him. Some of his tactical decisions have been baffling and I'm not trying to justify that. I think he knows already that he messed up with the Champions League game against Dynamo Kyiv at Hampden. Yet he knows that clubs are successful long-term with a manager who sticks with them which is why he signed the 4-year deal. If he can drag us out of the pits, get us two finals, a title race and silverware within a matter of months mid-season then I have faith he can turn this around once more. We brought Philippe Clement for a reason, he has won numerous trophies and leagues - particularly in the Belgium Pro League, which is arguably better than the SPFL. We're broadening our transfer net further afield too. There is only so much a manager can do, and to make changes we have to offload first to buy. We have one week left to go! 

So yeah, it's a rubbish state of affairs to be in and the mood surrounding Gers atm is rough, but doom and gloom gets us nowhere. The other mob have offloaded their players and looks set to make big-money moves for Kyogo Furuhashi, Reo Hatate and Matt O'riley, considering their boards are notorious penny-pinchers who never reinvest into their squad, I could see us going level if we make some good last-minute signings. The core is there, we're back at Ibrox soon and the long-term vision is set out. I don't expect trebles but if we can win the league or a cup double, I would be more than happy.

1 hour ago, Linlathen Loyalist said:

Who are we classing as deadwood? Some obvious ones need to be offloaded while others are a bit on the trickier side. Scott Wright is a must-go for me, cost us the Scottish Cup last season. No clue why Clement still plays him. Ridvan is too wee and too injury-prone, but a class player. Raskin is becoming the new Roofe. Matondo goes through phases of being absolute garbage fading into the background then bursting into form like a whippet on speed. He's a one-trick pony, his pace is his gimmick. What has he got to other besides that? Too inconsistent. I'm hoping we get a good bit of profit from Blackburn. I don't know if it's the team or the league but something seems like it's holding him back from success. We get the occasional glimpse of it then he slowly disappears back into obscurity. Dessers rejecting the Atlanta United move isn't surprising, he divides fan's opinions but he does score goals - just misses a lot of sitters. I would give him another chance bother throwing him to the Americans. I get it's an emerging market but which would you rather play in: the CONCACAF Champions Cup or the UEFA Europa League? It's an obvious choice. Todd Cantwell is too busy posting shushburgers or whatever it is on TikTok and Instagram and Hagi wants out. Rumour has it Nottingham Forest is putting in a £7 million bid, so he can bugger off to play EPL fitba and we get a bit of dosh back in return. Davies is reliable and gets the job done, but there are better options out there. Lawrence isn't the best and Souttar is alright. Tavernier isn't going to go this window, but maybe in the Winter transfer window we'll see him get a move to a Turkish or Saudi Arabian club - hopefully for decent money. 

We do have a lot of good players in our squad now, Sterling is built like a brick ****house and is a versatile utility player. I could see him being captain or vice-captain at some point, he is usually a peg above the rest and you can see that within his performances. Got his Europa League signed jersey in my wardrobe and plan on framing it. McCausland is young but gifted, saving our arses a few times. Cerny played with Danilo before so there is some chemistry in the squad. He made an instant impact at the club as well with an assist and a goal in two games. I could go on, but we know that the core foundations are there to reverse the decline we've seen over the years. I'm not a happy clapper either, I know how incompetent the board are. It's ridiculous how we went from 55, a Europa League final and a Scottish Cup win to this in a matter of two seasons. Clement looks stressed out of his mind and you can hear the irritation in his voice. This isn't what he signed up for, but he's committed his loyalty to us and we have to back him. Some of his tactical decisions have been baffling and I'm not trying to justify that. I think he knows already that he messed up with the Champions League game against Dynamo Kyiv at Hampden. Yet he knows that clubs are successful long-term with a manager who sticks with them which is why he signed the 4-year deal. If he can drag us out of the pits, get us two finals, a title race and silverware within a matter of months mid-season then I have faith he can turn this around once more. We brought Philippe Clement for a reason, he has won numerous trophies and leagues - particularly in the Belgium Pro League, which is arguably better than the SPFL. We're broadening our transfer net further afield too. There is only so much a manager can do, and to make changes we have to offload first to buy. We have one week left to go! 

So yeah, it's a rubbish state of affairs to be in and the mood surrounding Gers atm is rough, but doom and gloom gets us nowhere. The other mob have offloaded their players and looks set to make big-money moves for Kyogo Furuhashi, Reo Hatate and Matt O'riley, considering their boards are notorious penny-pinchers who never reinvest into their squad, I could see us going level if we make some good last-minute signings. The core is there, we're back at Ibrox soon and the long-term vision is set out. I don't expect trebles but if we can win the league or a cup double, I would be more than happy.

Given others had given up so quickly and easily, I thought ‘fuck it, I’m reading it’, I didn’t get beyond the first paragraph, which is too long anyway. You’ve condensed virtually every player / transfer thread into 2 paragraphs. Sorry. 

5 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

Given others had given up so quickly and easily, I thought ‘fuck it, I’m reading it’, I didn’t get beyond the first paragraph, which is too long anyway. You’ve condensed virtually every player / transfer thread into 2 paragraphs. Sorry. 

Well, that's me told. No more mega-posts, in the bin it goes.

1 minute ago, Linlathen Loyalist said:

Well, that's me told. No more mega-posts, in the bin it goes.

I agreed with what you said, mate. No your fault that half the forum is lazy and illiterate. :lol:

1 hour ago, Linlathen Loyalist said:

thats my holiday read sorted