Tavernier stay or go

BlueEdu

Tavernier - stay or go  

323 members have voted

1. 1. How many of us want tavernier to stay?

• Stay
    • Go now

2 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Agreed.

I'd be absolutely stunned if he doesn't start on Sunday.

If Clement starts him then he’s a bigger clown than I thought. He’s made the call now and he’s got to stick by it. 
Tav on his knees as a player comes in to score at the back post again - the captain of Rangers Football Club

This is what we’ve become. 

Tav's been done for a while for me, but tonight for me is the limit, enough is enough. I'm going to be harsh here, but he is a contributory parts for all goals, every goal was scored from that right side of the pitch.

Goal 1: @2:08 in highlights. Player travels across full defence and into the box, but Tav has left his man and been pulled towards the ball, allowing the Lyon player to pick his spot.

Goal 2: @3:40 in highlights. Tav, high up pitch, Lyon break. Souttar caught in CB nightmare, he steps up and he's caught, stand off and the inevitable happens. But Tolisso is busting a gut to get forward and into Tavs space. You can see in the highlights, Tav is jogging back, making zero effort, there is a player he could cover, but he's just not got the legs or will to get back into position.

Goal 3: @4:13in highlights. You can see him start to run, but his legs just aren't there. You can see him point at his man he should track and just lets him go. Barron should be nailing him and he doesn't, but situation arises as Barron is having to travel distance out to a player to make a last ditch tackle. He then should be getting back into position when Barton goes out, but he just doesn't make it back. Souttar again caught in no man's land.

Goal 4: @5:18 worst of lot, and most obvious.

The first three goals here are all bad team goals to lose, and Tav is by no means at fault directly, but his inability to run or get back is causing (for me big issues in pulling players out of position to cover for him, creating too many 1 on 1 situations with the CB, where they are left looking like numpties. 

I know I'm being harsh here, but it's getting to the stage now where it's painful to see. 

38 minutes ago, Swagger said:

If Clement starts him then he’s a bigger clown than I thought. He’s made the call now and he’s got to stick by it. 
Tav on his knees as a player comes in to score at the back post again - the captain of Rangers Football Club

This is what we’ve become. 

I dont like being too critical of Tav, he's been a good servant and he doesn't pick himself but he's done, and the manager isn't helping him by continually picking him.

Like I say, I think he'll start on Sunday.

39 minutes ago, lau03143 said:

Tav's been done for a while for me, but tonight for me is the limit, enough is enough. I'm going to be harsh here, but he is a contributory parts for all goals, every goal was scored from that right side of the pitch.

Goal 1: @2:08 in highlights. Player travels across full defence and into the box, but Tav has left his man and been pulled towards the ball, allowing the Lyon player to pick his spot.

Goal 2: @3:40 in highlights. Tav, high up pitch, Lyon break. Souttar caught in CB nightmare, he steps up and he's caught, stand off and the inevitable happens. But Tolisso is busting a gut to get forward and into Tavs space. You can see in the highlights, Tav is jogging back, making zero effort, there is a player he could cover, but he's just not got the legs or will to get back into position.

Goal 3: @4:13in highlights. You can see him start to run, but his legs just aren't there. You can see him point at his man he should track and just lets him go. Barron should be nailing him and he doesn't, but situation arises as Barron is having to travel distance out to a player to make a last ditch tackle. He then should be getting back into position when Barton goes out, but he just doesn't make it back. Souttar again caught in no man's land.

The first three goals here are all bad team goals to lose, and Tav is by no means at fault directly, but his inability to run or get back is causing (for me big issues in pulling players out of position to cover for him, creating too many 1 on 1 situations with the CB, where they are left looking like numpties. 

I know I'm being harsh here, but it's getting to the stage now where it's painful to see. 

Agree with all of this - most of it was clear in the stadium.  Been watching him play like this for the past two years, and it's demoralising to witness.  Then there's the impact of his losing mentality on the squad.  It's long past time for him to be dropped, but we knew if he didn't leave in the summer he would be (more or less) a fixture in the team.

56 minutes ago, lau03143 said:

Yeah, you are being harsh, and there’s no real need, tbh. With the the first goal we have Bajrami on his heels waiting for the ball to come to him, then Jefte gets eased past, Propper’s floundering about, Barron and Diomande make hopeless efforts to get back, then as Souttar’s getting beat Tav has to move in and leave his man, or leave a clear shot. 

2nd one- on Barron, and Souttar to a lesser degree- shocking pass and Souttar couldn’t keep the attacker on his left foot. Yes, Tav should have made an effort to get back in case the defence held the attack up, or the ball broke out, but neither happened.

3rd one - great goal - shit happens.

4th - horrendous. Position was good, took a look over his shoulder, then just fell asleep. It’s wasn’t that his reaction was slow, it was non-existent.

When the poll went up, I said he should stay and could still play an important role, albeit decreasing as we went along. But it’s a real struggle to see any positives. Even the chances he used to put away aren’t going in for him. I think getting taken off last night was Clement telling him times up - it won’t be immediate, but has started.

How everyone but the manager can see that he’s done is baffling. He needs taken out the team, not only for the good of our season, but for himself. Things are going to get toxic for him very soon and regardless of how he’s playing now he doesn’t deserve that. 

2 hours ago, Trooblue said:

Agree with all of this - most of it was clear in the stadium.  Been watching him play like this for the past two years, and it's demoralising to witness.  Then there's the impact of his losing mentality on the squad.  It's long past time for him to be dropped, but we knew if he didn't leave in the summer he would be (more or less) a fixture in the team.

We needed a clean break from the losers. Most of them left in the summer, but Tav is still hanging about like a bad smell.

My loyalty is with Rangers and not a player regardless of how well they have done.

Sure he's scored goals and has shown great energy however Tav should have been out the team some time ago......he looks like he is running on mud and his awareness , football IQ , positioning , passing. It's all way below standard.

His time is up and if Clement can't see that then clearly his time is up as well......he just doesn't know it yet.

People saying Tav should be dropped completely are over reacting.  But it’s clear he hasn’t the pace for the big games anymore.

I really hope the transition to reduce his minutes goes well, he’s been excellent for us over a number of years and deserves a decent send off.

1 minute ago, Blue72 said:

People saying Tav should be dropped completely are over reacting.  But it’s clear he hasn’t the pace for the big games anymore.

I really hope the transition to reduce his minutes goes well, he’s been excellent for us over a number of years and deserves a decent send off.

They’re definitely not

3 minutes ago, Blue72 said:

So Tav is bigger than the club. Gotcha!