Board Issues

5 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

More and more people are just getting fed up with a lot of things regarding the club atm, and the majority of it stems from decisions made by those in charge over the last few years. 

I get that and I'm just as fed up as anyone that's why I don't understand it. There's plenty to moan about the board, manager and players without going out of the way to look for stuff to complain about which I think has been happening a lot.

18 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

It’s typical for most higher profile roles.

Aren't exactly going to post it on S1jobs.com

My company has used recruiters in the past with very mixed results, but always with an expensive invoice for their limited efforts.

They essentially match people to a Job Spec.  It’s not difficult to do.  I think it’s just a lazy approach to be honest.

Whatever happened to succession planning?  Surely, we had at least some names of people on our list who we believed were suitable for our CEO role?

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

They might want a successful Rangers but theyve been complicit in making us unsuccessful for a long time. 

Being kind from 2019 and not 2015, 3 trophies in 4-5 years is awful. Winning the league and then losing it to a double and then treble winning celtic is an unforgivable catalogue of errors on their behalf. 

Just because they might want a successful Rangers means nothing when they quite clearly can’t deliver it. “Fresh” investment is a roundabout way of saying theyll be topping up the club with more loans owed back to them because of their fuck ups regarding the Copland and NEH costs. 

Not reading all that , its a yes or no question 

8 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Not reading all that , its a yes or no question 

No it isn’t. Anyone who has ploughed millions into the club obviously wants a successful Rangers. Especially if they are fans. 

There is a difference between wanting a successful Rangers and being the people capable of delivering. We have a board and investors who aren’t capable of that

Just now, Prso's headband said:

No it isn’t. Anyone who has ploughed millions into the club obviously wants a successful Rangers. Especially if they are fans. 

There is a difference between wanting a successful Rangers and being the people capable of delivering. We have a board and investors who aren’t capable of that

No thats 2 seperate questions 

56 minutes ago, The Specky Forum Organiser said:

It's the only way forward.

Long term yes we should be able to generate funds with player trading. 

But this board have been harping on about player trading for years and we've still not been hugely successful with it. Yes we've had Patterson and Bassey sold for big fees but look how badly that money got wasted. 

2 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I don’t really know what people expected him to say tbh. He’s a glorified interim chairman who’s walked into a total shit show. He was hardly likely to come out with a full five year plan mind map and break it down point by point after a few days in the role was he?

Doesnt matter what he said , cunts are gonna greet

6 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I don’t really know what people expected him to say tbh. He’s a glorified interim chairman who’s walked into a total shit show. He was hardly likely to come out with a full five year plan mind map and break it down point by point after a few days in the role was he?

(Puts hard hat on)

Just watched the presser and I have to say I thought he was absolutely superb in dealing with the questions.

Folk might not like some of the content but the manner in which he handled himself was fantastic IMO.

53 minutes ago, DMax399 said:

My company has used recruiters in the past with very mixed results, but always with an expensive invoice for their limited efforts.

They essentially match people to a Job Spec.  It’s not difficult to do.  I think it’s just a lazy approach to be honest.

Whatever happened to succession planning?  Surely, we had at least some names of people on our list who we believed were suitable for our CEO role?

They will only be paid …certainly significantly paid more if we appoint someone they source so they will guaranteed present options 

Anyone got confidence that our board will identify the right person from a short list, or even push back on them all ?

Thought that presser today was a car crash tbh, a real look at why we are where we are (have been). 

25 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Then why bother saying anything? The actual substance (if any really) of what he said, was just more of the same we've heard from past Chairmen and CEOs.

And anything that comes out from the board, is going to be criticised until such times as supporters do actually see a plan, do actually see something tangible and working.

Don't just spoon-feed us the same shit we've heard time and again, action speaks louder and all that bollox.

I’ve been involved in two CEO recruitment processes. Both for companies much less glamorous than Rangers, both (I imagine) paying lower salaries than the club, and both in worse locations. Both received literally dozens of applications from surprisingly impressive candidates - ex-FTSE CXOs, etc. - so the idea that the Rangers CEO vacancy would attract two applicants (even if you winnow it down to just “serious” applicants) is legitimately absurd.