Ryan Kent - Would you have him back?

Ace

10 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

He's a huge talent but doesn't seem interested in football. I can't see him being Clement's type. 

For free, he will be linked to us for sure. He can't play until January.

Think he was on the verge of signing for Brugge when they were managed by Clement just before we went in for him. I’m sure there was a story came out that he was about to board the flight over to Belgium and then our bid got accepted too not long after we re-signed him.

Think it tells you all you need to know about our recruitment that he'd probably be a starter. Same with Goldson.

They've both had their time here, but our inability to actually replace them with quality is infuriating. 

Shouldn't even entertain the idea of signing Kent. 

Just now, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Absolute stick on that Derek Clark will be all over it with the “bring him home” patter on Rangers Review tomorrow.

No doubt on the way. 

Short memories in our support. He was a disgrace that last season and there's a reason fenerbahce wanted to get rid as well.

I never get why British players head to Turkey. It never works out.

He is better than Matondo & McCausland and maybe even Cerny & Cortés when he can be bothered.

But most of the time, he can't be arsed.  I wouldn't go near him, but it won't stop lazy journalism.

5 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Do people not remember just how unbothered Kent was before he left? He barley tried a lick in that final year after the Europa League final, and he was an absolute disgrace performance wise in the last six months of his deal in particular. Too many people wanting to look backwards when we need to go forward.

I don’t think Clement/Koppen would go for it anyway, but if you apply the filters of ‘available in January’, ‘willing to play for Rangers’, ‘winger’, ‘not 32+’, ‘not going to be picked up by a club in a better league’ and ‘has ever got >5 assists in a single season’ across world football, it’s going to be a very short list.

I don’t think anyone is saying Kent’s brilliant and desperate to have him back. We’re just extremely short on options and one winger on a very short list of semi-plausible options became available. 

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I never get why British players head to Turkey. It never works out.

He is better than Matondo & McCausland and maybe even Cerny & Cortés when he can be bothered.

But most of the time, he can't be arsed.  I wouldn't go near him, but it won't stop lazy journalism.

He’s lasted almost a year longer than I expected him too. Thought he would be back in Britain last January. Think the same about Lundstram now. A stick on to move to a club like Luton in January.

I think Kent will have interest from the Championship, and that’s where I think he will end up. Leeds have been linked with him for years now and they have no money either so getting him for nothing might still appeal to them.

He wasn’t “a disgrace” in his last season - he had a shit game against the fenians when injured and it’s stuck in everyone’s mind.

We played some of the best football we have in a long long time in away wins against Hearts and Hibs in ‘his last 6 months’ that he was one of our best players in. Hibs away in particular he was unplayable.

It rarely works going back so hope he gets a decent move somewhere else

This “downed tools” thing is nonsense, by the way. He was poor but, more often than not, it was because he was trying to do too much, running into defences, and struggling to create anything. And he still ended the season with more assists than anyone got the following season (23/24) except Tav.