Philippe Clement views amongst the support post-Kilmarnock

crmpicco

Philippe Clement  

225 members have voted

1. 1. What do we do?

• Keep him
    • Sack him

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 22/10/24 at 21:05

3 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

There’s a big difference in saying you would turn us down and actually turning us down, he’s currently in China ffs, if he had any sort of ambition he’d be looking at us as a huge opportunity to not only turn us around but then follow Postecoglu to the EPL

And also there's a big difference in saying it when there's no offer on the table, to when there is. We might be a shambles on and off the pitch, and as much as its a risk for any manager to come here right now, you have to believe in yourself and if you manage to turn this shit show around then that EPL job or whatever really comes on a plate doesn't it. 

I want to see fast flowing, attacking football, high energy, high press. I’m fed up of this turgid shite.

McInnes would be a safe pair of hands, but really…

Serious question…how is Muscat doing?

Not sure if he’d be right or not but at least we know that’s his philosophy 

11 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

There’s a big difference in saying you would turn us down and actually turning us down, he’s currently in China ffs, if he had any sort of ambition he’d be looking at us as a huge opportunity to not only turn us around but then follow Postecoglu to the EPL

Aye I still think if we were to make him an offer he’s going to seriously consider it

I have lost all interest in anything Rangers. I don't connect with anything about the club at the moment. The Boardroom is a shambles, no direction or leadership. The manager has zero understanding of what it means to be a Rangers player, he is arrogant beyond belief as he sticks with his favourites and his tactics. Other than Butland, Balogun and McCausland, I don't see anyone on that field that understands a draw is a defeat and a defeat is a disaster.

1 hour ago, bluedart1952 said:

Agree with everything above but don't think McInness is the man for the job.

Tbh, it's a gamble whoever it is. 

My main point is we've tried the foreign route with managers ,including those that were previously successful in arguably better leagues than Scotlands, and with the exception  of Dick Advocaat's first couple of seasons, they've all failed pretty dismally.

I dont know what it is with Scottish football but it's a different animal to the more sedate continental style and we've already had Scottish managers come to the rescue of foreign ones that have struggled , I just sense it's a route we should look at again with McInnes being the best placed . 

You never know though , if it does come to this , there may be a couple of names that may surprise us . 

1 hour ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

McInnes for me aswell. Very rarely have we had an unsuccessful "Scottish Manager". Most of our trophies and titles have been won by home grown Managers. Let's get back to basics and build from there.

I think so . As I've said in the post above , Scottish football tends to be a bit different from elsewhere. 

The contract extension he got gets more sickening with every passing week, one of the most bizarre things I've seen from a board that are that far out their depth it's frightening. Any decent board would have him in this morning, read him the riot act and demand to know what the fuck he is up to and what his plan is, oh and give him his jotters which is sadly a pipe dream.

40 minutes ago, Gman36 said:

Been thinking the same, let's see where the sheep end up at the end of the season. 

Mcinnes has been round long enough and appears a reasonably priced steady hand. We also need to start signing Scottish guys for less money as importing relatively expensive foreign players does not seem to be working. We could get basically the same results for a lesser spend by getting in the best Scottish players early. 

Totally agree with this. Try and get mcinnes and Peter Leven as coach. The Scottish players really couldn’t do any worse than what we have and at least know what the league is about. With this management team we would turn Bellingham, Salah and Haaland into shite within 3 months ffs. It’s desperate.

The more I think about it, the more I think he probably stays. He'll be our Erik Ten Hag for the next couple of seasons. 

The board have backed themselves into a corner with the new contract. Unless things get absolutely toxic (which they will), they'll stick with him and hope that another window or two will fix all of our issues.

3 minutes ago, DeanMK said:

The more I think about it, the more I think he probably stays. He'll be our Erik Ten Hag for the next couple of seasons. 

The board have backed themselves into a corner with the new contract. Unless things get absolutely toxic (which they will), they'll stick with him and hope that another window or two will fix all of our issues.

Nah, he’ll not survive Aberdeen battering us next week and I fully believe that’s about to happen 

A lot of Man Utd fans still back their manager. Our fanbase has just about completely turned now 

12 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Nah, he’ll not survive Aberdeen battering us next week and I fully believe that’s about to happen 

A lot of Man Utd fans still back their manager. Our fanbase has just about completely turned now 

How the mighty have fallen. Will be us soon enough.

1 minute ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

No chance he stays if results and performances continue to go south.

It will become toxic and aggressive.

Yesterday was Day 1 of the inevitable.

His time is up.

The defeat against them this season was day 1. If you can't compete or beat them then it's untenable position.

Just now, esquire8 said:

We are in a worse position than Man Utd.

No we aren’t :lol:

They’re halfway down the league, spending hundreds of millions and their stadium is falling apart. There’s comparisons to be made but when you put it into context they’re in a much worse position than us.

Us winning our league again is nowhere near as far away as them doing it

50 minutes ago, Soldier blue said:

I polled to keep him simply because there are so many empty positions in our club adding to them isn’t going to help atm.  Doesn’t mean I’m blind to what we’re all watching, which is as bad as I’ve ever seen, but as others have said get the new board in and let them pick their man. Last thing we need atm is to add to the chaos.

Fair enough for coming forward. I don't think the empty positions should be reason to keep a manager who has no idea how to set us up though.