Philippe Clement views amongst the support post-Kilmarnock

crmpicco

Philippe Clement  

253 members have voted

1. 1. What do we do?

• Keep him
    • Sack him

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closes on 22/10/24 at 21:05

10 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Gio was. Gerrard was.

Clement isn’t the first coach to struggle with low block. It’s went on for years now.

I don't think it's just the low block though this time. Hearts came out at us, Kilmarnock has us sat in our own half with only Dessers and one more pressing.

3 hours ago, Madina said:

Any time we play at Rugby Park the pitch is mentioned as a factor by a lot of people, whether it's fans, media or people within the club.  We won't have that excuse next season. Throw in the fact that a rank rotten St Johnstone won 0-3 there this season and it's just another sound bite. I've been to a fair few games at Rugby Park since they introduced the "plastic" pitch and we've played decent and lost. Yesterday we didn't ever look like scoring and that wasn't down to the surface, it's down to clueless tactics and clueless players 

You'd think Kilmarnock go unbeaten at home every season the way some people go on about their pitch.

Not going to lie, I wanted him punted after the shit show fck up of the title. Losing at home to Motherwell in the league for the first time in donkeys years, the Ross County debacle, the draw with Dundee. All that should have set off alarm bells. Then we draw with Hearts opening game of the season, so yip reward him with an extended contract 😑

9 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I don't think it's just the low block though this time. Hearts came out at us, Kilmarnock has us sat in our own half with only Dessers and one more pressing.

I only saw the second half v Hibs and they were pretty forward looking, too.

The support chased Gio out after only one season in charge, they didn’t take reaching a European final against all odds or delivering the Scottish cup into account just as they didn’t take the horrendous injury list he had to cope with into account.

Clement has had mixed success, won the league cup, qualified for the knockout stages in the Europa league, clawed back the deficit in the league to put us in pole position with 6 games remaining before the team collapsed, lost the Scottish cup final after putting in a good performance.

In the summer he’s had to rebuild the squad with what in today’s terms is peanuts and it’s shown. As poor a squad as I’ve seen outside the lower leagues.

Don't think a fair comparison is how Aberdeen have performed after 8 league games, as the difference in expectation levels and pressure on each player is vastly different. 

Whoever is in the hot seat has to have the kind of funding that will bring in players who have both the ability and mentality to play for Rangers.

Sacking yet another manager without giving him money and time isn’t the answer.

16 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

A year not enough time? He's had 2 transfer windows and brought in around 12 players. This isn't an inherited issue,  this is on him.  

6 minutes ago, Craiggybear said:

A year not enough time? He's had 2 transfer windows and brought in around 12 players. This isn't an inherited issue,  this is on him.  

We could all give him a bit more time if we could see some sort of tactic/playing style that he’s trying to grow us into but we’re an absolute shambles, and if what has been said is true, then the players don’t have a clue wtf they’re meant to be doing.

It was one thing last season as we knew we had players that had let down previous managers. Aside from tav they are all gone now. 

That starting 11 had 5 new players with 2 coming off the bench. 

Your right this isn’t an inherited issue it's a clear issue with coaching and management.

26 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

The support chased Gio out after only one season in charge, they didn’t take reaching a European final against all odds or delivering the Scottish cup into account just as they didn’t take the horrendous injury list he had to cope with into account.

Clement has had mixed success, won the league cup, qualified for the knockout stages in the Europa league, clawed back the deficit in the league to put us in pole position with 6 games remaining before the team collapsed, lost the Scottish cup final after putting in a good performance.

In the summer he’s had to rebuild the squad with what in today’s terms is peanuts and it’s shown. As poor a squad as I’ve seen outside the lower leagues.

Don't think a fair comparison is how Aberdeen have performed after 8 league games, as the difference in expectation levels and pressure on each player is vastly different. 

Whoever is in the hot seat has to have the kind of funding that will bring in players who have both the ability and mentality to play for Rangers.

What’s he showing you that makes you think he deserves time?

Genuine question BTW because it has to be a two way thing. You can’t just give somebody time in the hope that it miraculously turns around, they have to show you glimmers and we have done nothing but go backwards since March.

27 minutes ago, Real Ranger said:

Normally I’d completely agree.

I just don’t see any style of play, any energetic press, any improved players.

It’s some of the worst football I’ve ever seen us play. We can’t do the simple things right and haven’t done for a while.

The lack of money excuse annoys me as well. 

Scum can find folk like Maeda, Hatate, O Riley for under 2mil. Even that Kuhn only cost them 3million and he's already got more goals and assists than most of our players.  

St Johnstone and Dundee Utd managed to score 3 goals each on that pitch against killie with squads a lot less than ours.  

7 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

What’s he showing you that makes you think he deserves time?

Genuine question BTW because it has to be a two way thing. You can’t just give somebody time in the hope that it miraculously turns around, they have to show you glimmers and we have done nothing but go backwards since March.

This ☝️

Managers have to earn time. If we could see what he was trying to do and it just wasn't coming off yet it would get him more time. 

Reality is we look totally lost, players don't seem to know what they are being asked and nothing we've seen suggests he'll change it regardless of how much time he's afforded. 

The lack of money excuse annoys me as well. 

Scum can find folk like Maeda, Hatate, O Riley for under 2mil. Even that Kuhn only cost them 3million and he's already got more goals and assists than most of our players.  

St Johnstone and Dundee Utd managed to show 3 goals each on that pitch against killie with squads a lot less than ours.  

And most of our better signings over the past decade have been the players we haven’t spent big fees on too. 

2 hours ago, NeoGeo7 said:

You’d think the board have learnt when to spot it’s the end but instead they wait until we inevitably drop more points before doing anything.

I can't imagine this board learning a thing tbh. Incompetent wankers.

Clement had credit in the bank due to the Europa knockout qualification, league cup win and getting back into the title race.

That credit is well and truly used up with the collapse last year with numerous awful performances and results. Then we had the Kiev tie, hearts and the first old firm game that he has yet to come out on top.

Its not a case of no credit he’s in debt now 

4 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

And most of our better signings over the past decade have been the players we haven’t spent big fees on too. 

The thought of spending 4.3 million for Diomande plus £4.5 million obligation to buy Cortez :ang:

Baw hair off 9 million and that's what we'll have to show for it.  

2 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

I want him gone but not right now, we need to sort the rest of the club out first. Unless it’s Muscat or McInnes.

As who is going to choose the next boss? Park’s son that chose Pedro?

It’s not too hard to believe they go cap in hand to Muscat, starting the whole process off for new potential managers is not something I see them doing.

5 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

It’s not too hard to believe they go cap in hand to Muscat, starting the whole process off for new potential managers is not something I see them doing.

I think that muscat is out of contract next month would appeal to them. 

I'm not convinced but they'll make the move. They'll cite the lack of CEO. Being honest I wouldn't trust them to get that right a new CEO, let alone find a new manager. It's brutal!

14 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

I want him gone but not right now, we need to sort the rest of the club out first. Unless it’s Muscat or McInnes.

As who is going to choose the next boss? Park’s son that chose Pedro?

This is the clusterfuck we find ourselves in, no one in charge of the Club, and the manager and team showing no desire to win games.

I really fucking despair at the situation we find we are in, and all done by Rangers men, Rangers men who have seen the tarriers win countless trophies since 2015 and we have one league, one Scottish Cup and one League Cup. Sickening. 

6 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I think that muscat is out of contract next month would appeal to them. 

I'm not convinced but they'll make the move. They'll cite the lack of CEO. Being honest I wouldn't trust them to get that right a new CEO, let alone find a new manager. It's brutal!

What a disgrace we are in this position. Many say they hate the manager, and I can understand that, but I hate the cunts who have been on the board since 2015.