*****The Official Aberdeen v Rangers Match Thread*****

Said last week this game reminds me of when Warburton took us to Tynecastle just before he left. I’ve seen nothing since to change my mind as this team have fuck all fight in them and even less quality. Less said about the manager the better who comes across like he’ll settle for a draw. Reckon we’ll lose maybe 2/3-0 if I’m honest.

36 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Said last week this game reminds me of when Warburton took us to Tynecastle just before he left. I’ve seen nothing since to change my mind as this team have fuck all fight in them and even less quality. Less said about the manager the better who comes across like he’ll settle for a draw. Reckon we’ll lose maybe 2/3-0 if I’m honest.

i was at that game think we lost 4 1  think you are right it will be similar one team fighting and battling for every ball us just passing back and forward hoping something will happen  aberdeen will blow us away if we dont come out fighting

2 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

Things are grim just now but no way am I writing this off. Huge game, hope we find a way to win. Get it done Rangers

Far, far better Rangers sides have faced far, far worse Aberdeen sides and struggled up there. 

Have zero confidence this manager understands this game enough to get anything from it. He'll set up the same, it'll be the same performance and we will get punished badly.

We find it difficult up there at the best of times never mind in our current state.

I do think we're capable of winning, but so much needs to align, from pretty much nowhere.

Not sure we'll get many chances so need to be clinical. Need attitude and defiance towards their players and support. Need to turn the crowd against them, they're super confident so us scoring 1st would be dynamite. Need to find a solution to the cam/no10 role as it didn't work again yesterday. Need to be prepared for a war.

I'd say I'm 70/30 against us doing it. My doubt is very much due to Clement.

Just now, teddybear1975 said:

Probably have more chance if they come at us in an open game. Who’s the more clinical as we’ve been terrible in that area. If they sit in a bit I think they’ll get joy with balls behind our back four.

If they watched the game yesterday, they'll come at us and rightly so.  If they're better than St Mirren (they are) and we don't improve then they'll get more out of the game than St Mirren did 

26 minutes ago, teddybear1975 said:

Probably have more chance if they come at us in an open game. Who’s the more clinical as we’ve been terrible in that area. If they sit in a bit I think they’ll get joy with balls behind our back four.

That first sentence is a complete myth used to mask our dreadful domestic form for 3 years. 

St Mirren had a go for 80% of that game yesterday and we looked even worse. We didn’t get out our own half for sustained periods. 

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

That first sentence is a complete myth used to mask our dreadful domestic form for 3 years. 

St Mirren had a go for 80% of that game yesterday and we looked even worse. We didn’t get out our own half for sustained periods. 

All about opinions mate. I think our best chance for this particular fixture is an open game. The problem will be us being unable to match their physicality and getting bullied. Fair chance that could happen as we have seen often this season so far.

57 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Far, far better Rangers sides have faced far, far worse Aberdeen sides and struggled up there. 

Have zero confidence this manager understands this game enough to get anything from it. He'll set up the same, it'll be the same performance and we will get punished badly.

I totally understand all that, there's a real danger of that happening I agree. My point is we might also pull the result out of the bag, and I'm hoping for that because I'd much rather see Rangers win

Fully expecting an absolute shitshow and 90 minutes of brutal football from us.

Not the team I'd pick but I think we'll line up as:

Butland

Tav

Souttar

Balogun

Jefte

Raskin

Barron

Diomonde

Bajrami

Cerny

Dessers