• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

----------------McGregor---------------

Whittaker---Bougherra---Weir---Papac

Davis---Mendes----Edu---Beasley

-----------Boyd------------Miller----------

Novo for impact sub . Hopefully Davis is available . This could be the ideal game to give Ferguson a rest as he clearly is not ready yet , plus it's a good opportunity to test out Edu

Why drop Broadfoot, one of the few players who played half-decent against Hearts, in favour of Whittaker who was complete mince? <cr>

I feel that Whittaker would be the better RB if given a fair run of games . Broadfoot could replace Weir at CB at some point in the future so Whittaker could well prove to be the short term option for RB . The only reason Broadfoot improved was because he was given a lot of games in the position , but he is a CB . So if it helped Broadfoot I would hope it could improve Whittaker

I feel we could try 3 - 5 - 2 at home against weak opposition - Hamilton have been accused of playing 3 - 6 - 1 lately so 3 full backs shoud cope but we need to be incisive in attack hence we need flair both wide and centrally

My team would be

McGregor

Broadfoot Bougherra Papac

Edu

Burke Davis Mendes Aaron

Miller Boyd

Edu can play the holding role or drop back to centre half if necessary

on current form Ferguson would only be back up for Mendes / Davis . Novo as back up for wings or up front - Lafferty back up for Boyd .couple of youngsters also on bench - this formation would maybe be ok against Dundee utd also - I suspect Walter will continue to play his favourites as per

--------McGregor----------

Broadfoot----Weir---Bougherra----The Papac

Davis----Mendes----Ferguson----Beasley

------Miller-----Boyd

I think that's what we'll end up seeing vs. Hamilton. I'd rather Edu got a chance against a pathetic opposition, but I doubt that will happen. If Davis is still out, I think we would see Novo get the start on the wing. Beasley at LM is our best option at this moment I think, and I really hope Walter doesn't revert to giving Adam or Lafferty another chance out there. If Miller is out, then I think its JCD up front.

I'll go for 4-0

-----------------------------------McGreggor----------------------------------

Whittaker---------------Broadfoot-------------Bougherra----------------Papac

-------------------------------------Edu-------------------------------------------------

------------------Davis --------------------------------------Mendes---------------------------------

------------------------------------- Fleck------------------------------------------------

---------------------- Miller------------------------------ Boyd-----------------

I'd like to see Fleck given an attacking role. Although i've put him in just behind the front 2, he could also move out wide left with Davis playing on the right. Edu doing the holding midfeild role, similar to Hemdani, with Mendes given a bit more space to roam

Novo would at least offer more than the likes of Lafferty and I want to see Davis in his proper position. Burke is a no, no for me.

I'd just rest Boyd every week tbh - an average centre forward who struggles against decent opposition, doesn't know the offside rule and seems to have gone back to his usual self. Although it doesn't help when the ball is launched up to him but his ball retention and distribution is awful and the amount of times he commits a foul or falls on his arse is truely woeful. It would be interesting to see his percentage of possession given away. I'd also drop him for that embarrassing celebration on Saturday :D

In an ideal world I'd do that too, but recently Boyd has shown some improvement (excluding Hearts game) and links well with Miller. I'd love to see Lafferty given a few games with Miller, but I don't think we have the breathing space to experiment right now.

-------------------McGregor---------------

-Broadfoot----Bougherra----Weir---papac-

------Davis-------Edu-------Mendes--------

-----------Novo--------Miller------------

-------------------Boyd-------------------

The only problem could be a lack of width, but the full-backs could provide that. Novo and Miller can work the channels as well. Then there's Fleck, Aaron, Beasley or Lafferty who could come off the bench.

My team would be

--------McGregor----------

Whittaker----Weir---Bougherra----Papac

Davis----Mendes----Ferguson----Novo

------Miller-----Boyd---

Subs: Alexander, Broadfoot, Edu, Beasley, Niguez, Lafferty, Darcheville.

*If Miller is unfit play Lafferty

*If Davis is unfit play Beasley.

WE HAVE TO WIN! :rangers: Prediction: 3-0 rangers.

We should try Edu out at right back, he's played there for USA iirc.

Are you sure? I know he played centre defence in the very brief ill fated USA attempt in the olympics.

I think it was Walter who said when he signed that he could play midfield, central defence and full back (although he had never seen him play)

We should try Edu out at right back, he's played there for USA iirc.

Are you sure? I know he played centre defence in the very brief ill fated USA attempt in the olympics.

I think it was Walter who said when he signed that he could play midfield, central defence and full back (although he had never seen him play)

Edu has played exactly 3 games at CB, all in the Olympics, where he was OK. He's a defensive minded midfielder, and thats where he should be played. He would be completely out of place at RB. Broadfoot/Whittaker are much better options.

__________________________McGregor____________________________

______Whittaker______Weir__________Bougerra____Kinniburgh________

___________________________Edu_______________________________

__________________Davis____________ Mendes_____________________

_________________________Aaron______________________________

____________Boyd______________Miller_________________________

we just dont have wingers on form at the moment, I feel whitty and kinniburgh(even though he wont play) could provide good enough width, Edu just sitting in front of back for with Mende and Davis in middle pulling the strings and Aaron having that free role to do what he wants

never see this team tho :(

-----------------------Mcgregor---------------------------

--Broadfoot-------Weir-----Bougherra------------Papac--

--Davis-----------Mendes---Edu------------Beasley--

-------------------Boyd------Miller--------------------

Providing there all fit and ok to play...........

------------------------------McGregor

Broadfoot -----------Weir ---------------Boogey--------------Papac

Davis--------------------Edu ------------------ Mendes ------------- Whitaker/Burke

-----------------------Boyd ---------- Miller

Davis--------------------Edu ------------------ Mendes ------------- Whitaker/Burke

Walter???

Walter???

Whittakers future is in midfield, Walter said as much when he signed. He played there on occasions for Hibs and was effective. Our fullback positions are out of reach as Broadfoot and Papac have made them their own.

I don't see him starting there against Hamilton though, as Lafferty, Adam and Beasley are all ahead of him. He'll be on the bench as cover for midfield and fullback.

His future should be away from Ibrox. He is a truely awful footballer.

Unfortunatley no club will pay any sort of money for him so we are stuck with a player who has very little confidence, awful distribution, gives away far too many ridiculous fouls - some of them are straight red's, poor positioning, far too one footed and has the attention span of a 5 year old.

Unfortunatley no club will pay any sort of money for him so we are stuck with a player who has very little confidence, awful distribution, gives away far too many ridiculous fouls - some of them are straight red's, poor positioning, far too one footed and has the attention span of a 5 year old.

Whos that? Whittaker?

You could be describing pretty much anyone there

If only the fans could pick the team from now on.

But come Saturday Walter will have a team made up of Whittaker, Ferguson, Adam, Lafferty and Darcheville.

There's a reason we have a manager to pick the team instead of the fans. It's called survival. If it was up to the fans to make decisions on team selection, transfers etc. we'd be out of business within a few years! Take a look through this thread alone, there are a dozen or more completely different teams, some of which would see Smith not only sacked, but locked up in a mental asylum if he was to play them! doh

Whos that? Whittaker?

You could be describing pretty much anyone there

Yeah Whittaker.

I don't think there's anything alien about going to a 4-5-1.

We've got three good CM's, two decent players capable of playing on the wing and a striker who could capitalise on what we create.

We need to start playing to our strengths and adopting a tactic based on the players we have available instead of settling on a formation and shoehorning players into it.

If only the fans could pick the team from now on.

But come Saturday Walter will have a team made up of Whittaker, Ferguson, Adam, Lafferty and Darcheville.

There's a reason we have a manager to pick the team instead of the fans. It's called survival. If it was up to the fans to make decisions on team selection, transfers etc. we'd be out of business within a few years! Take a look through this thread alone, there are a dozen or more completely different teams, some of which would see Smith not only sacked, but locked up in a mental asylum if he was to play them! doh

I agree in general with what you say, but some of Walter's decisions recently have been astoundingly bad.

Bad to the point where I think I'm not watching the same players that he is.