***The Official Rangers v Hamilton Thread***

Muff

...and a striker who could capitalise on what we create.

This part I disagree with. I don't think any of our strikers, perhaps maybe Velicka, have the attributes to play up front on their own.

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Velicka is too slow and lazy to play up on his own. He's about as much use as Boyd up there on his own. If we went with a lone striker then it would be Miller.

Velicka is too slow and lazy to play up on his own. He's about as much use as Boyd up there on his own. If we went with a lone striker then it would be Miller.

I don't like the idea of Velicka up top on his own either, but he is a better footballer than Boyd. Miller wouldn't score enough goals to win us the league if we went with him as the lone striker.

We don't have that one striker capable of playing the lone role the way Cousin could.

Surely after the last few games WS can no longer keep playing Lafferty/Adam on the wings? Its a waste of 2 positions. 2 positions that have the potential to be extremely important during the game as they should be taking on defenders and playing decent crosses in. When was the last time you seen a LW/RW whipping in a good cross?

I have a feeling Aaron might get a run out this weekend, from the bench though. All i know is we cant persist with Lafferty as a winger as he simply isnt one and i would rather Adam wasnt even in the squad.

Smith is a stubborn old man. If he thinks Adam and Lafferty on the left and right can do a job no matter how shite they have been, he'll continue to go with them.

Anyway Steven Davis is back so he'll be back on the right of midfield.

Smith is a stubborn old man. If he thinks Adam and Lafferty on the left and right can do a job no matter how shite they have been, he'll continue to go with them.

Anyway Steven Davis is back so he'll be back on the right of midfield.

Agreed, but i would rather see him in the middle with Mendes

I'm with you on that (tu)

Won't happen tho, Mr Undroppable will continue in there.

The only way i see that happening is if Coisty likes the pair and tries it out in a cup game, assuming he has control of the team again this season.

However, with Barry being the boss man, i cant see him being dropped. Hopefully he will be in need of a rest.........

slightly off topic here but will there be tickets still available for the club deck even if i get them early on saturday morning for accies game?

reason is that im stuck in aberdeen at the moment, dont finish uni here until friday!

slightly off topic here but will there be tickets still available for the club deck even if i get them early on saturday morning for accies game?

reason is that im stuck in aberdeen at the moment, dont finish uni here until friday!

Give them a bell...

I'd love to see Davis in his natural position too, but it's not going to happen any time soon. As for "Mr Undroppable", there is 1 very good reason why he will be the 1st name on the teamsheet from now until the end of the season, and that's the fact that, yet again, he'll be our most influential player over the season as a whole. The sooner he hits top form, the sooner we hit top form as a team. It's been that way for a few seasons now.

heres mine

GK- McGregor

RB- Whittaker

CB -Bougherra

CB- Broadfoot

LB- Papac

RM- Burke

CM - Ferguson/Mendes/Davis

CM- Ferguson/Mendes/Davis

LM - Aaron

ST- Boyd

ST- Miller

in a normal 442 formation here

Subs Bench

Alexander

Weir

Beasley

Fleck

Edu

McMillan

Novo

heres mine

GK- McGregor

RB- Whittaker

CB -Bougherra

CB- Broadfoot

LB- Papac

RM- Burke

CM - Ferguson/Mendes/Davis

CM- Ferguson/Mendes/Davis

LM - Aaron

ST- Boyd

ST- Miller

in a normal 442 formation here

Subs Bench

Alexander

Weir

Beasley

Fleck

Edu

Velicka

Novo

Has the Under-21 rule been scrapped, or are quite a few posters in this thread just ignoring it? :unsure:

------------------------McGregor--------------------

Broadfoot------Bougherra--Weir-----------Papac

Burke-----------Davis------Mendes-------Beasley

------------------Miller------Boyd-------------------

Lets get some proper width in the team with two wingers!

id probly go with that team aswell

------------------mcgregor-------------

broadfoot----weir----bougherra----papac

----------------ferguson---------------

davis----------mendes---------------aaron

------------miller----boyd----------

subs-alexander, whittaker, edu, burke, beasley fleck, novo.

I'd love to see Davis in his natural position too, but it's not going to happen any time soon. As for "Mr Undroppable", there is 1 very good reason why he will be the 1st name on the teamsheet from now until the end of the season, and that's the fact that, yet again, he'll be our most influential player over the season as a whole. The sooner he hits top form, the sooner we hit top form as a team. It's been that way for a few seasons now.

So far this season our top form has been with him nowhere near the team. Against Hearts he was one of our worst players, and as such should be dropped. No one man is bigger than the team, and I don't think Rangers as a whole should have to suffer while we have to wait for Ferguson to get fully fit and back into top form. He should be in the reserves until he shows enough to be back in the firs team.

So far this season our top form has been with him nowhere near the team. Against Hearts he was one of our worst players, and as such should be dropped. No one man is bigger than the team, and I don't think Rangers as a whole should have to suffer while we have to wait for Ferguson to get fully fit and back into top form. He should be in the reserves until he shows enough to be back in the firs team.

I agree that he is well short of fitness and would have been better ensuring he was up to match fitness standard by playing in the reserves.

However, against Hearts I can think of 6 players who were far worse performers than Ferguson that day.

I really don't see how you can say that.

He's not been our most influential player for at least the last two seasons!

Kenny Miller is supposidly not ready - well if you believe the Evening Times?

If so, then I'd like to see Lafferty played, not on the left, not on the right but upfront - or i that too much to ask for?

Kenny Miller is supposidly not ready - well if you believe the Evening Times?

If so, then I'd like to see Lafferty played, not on the left, not on the right but upfront - or i that too much to ask for?

That might require a small miracle. I guess its back to JCD I suppose? :anguish:

This would be my line-up

____________________McGregor___________________

Broadfoot_____Bougherra_____Weir__________Papac

Davis________Ferguson______Mendes________Beasley

_______________Boyd________Novo________________

Lafferty is an option at Centre Forward and Aaron on the left wing.

I sure would like to see Aaron get a chance against Hamilton. Rangers should beat them regardless of who´s in the team, but a fairly settled team is also important. Too much chopping and changing just for the sake of it is seldom a good thing.