It is time for the club to make a stand against the BBC

Tontospal

Yet again the reputation of our club and the support is tarnished on the BBC.

Just about the last programme BBC Scotland aired in the old year contained 2 digs at the Rangers support and rioting and shoplifting in Manchester.

The New Year is less than 4 days old and not only are the Manchester 'riots' now compared to an armed conflict that has seen hundreds die but the question is raised by an Asian as to how someone from his background could possibly support Rangers - in other words we are racist.

When is the club going to grow a set of balls and do something about this?

The Head of BBC Scotland should be hauled in front of Bain/Murray and told in no uncertain terms that between now and the end of the season the only access that the BBC will have to Ibrox is to film and commentate on SPL matches.

No other access and no interviews should be granted to BBC personnel, including press briefings with the proviso that the situation will be reviewd at the end of the season.

Or, is this something else that the vast majority of our support are simply going to ignore like everything else.

I'm interested to know the opinions of those who took part in the recent BBC protest and those who rubbished the need to protest against this supposedly impartial organisation that we all pay for.

He was actually talking about his background as a lying bastard and twisted cunt, not to mention, slum landlord.

I object to his Still Game character as I find it racist.

They are his comments, not the BBC's and he has previous. I'd be more worried if Anne Robinson stood up for us.

The question should be is how someone from an Asian background couldn't go to an RC school - he went to Bishopbriggs High , as did all asians i know in the area not one went to Turnbull High the RC High School (certainly not between 79 - 84 anyway)

The BBC should be shot - anyone got an an email addy for complaints to bbc scotland ??

Yes it's time for the Club to make a stand against them and a few others long overdue. As for the old slapper robinson it's about time she got kicked in the balls hard, she only got on in her world by sucking captain bob maxwells tadger, literally and physically while all others in her game were fighting against him ! She is a scab of the highest order. :sherlock:

well, given their new procedure, this is fo the main BBC, may be best sending it there

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/complaints_stage1.shtml

No disrespect but emails, letters, petitions, even protests have little or no effect.

What is needed is for us, the fans, to put pressure on the club to take drastic action against the BBC.

Make no mistake this is only happening because the club let it.

To be honest, one guest's dubious attempts at sarcasm are not that strong a case for complaint.

BBC Scotland and especially Reporting Scotland are valid targets.

Let's not waste time on "the disappointment in Kheredine Idessane's voice"type complaints.

Just about the last programme BBC Scotland aired in the old year contained 2 digs at the Rangers support and rioting and shoplifting in Manchester.

The New Year is less than 4 days old and not only are the Manchester 'riots' now compared to an armed conflict that has seen hundreds die but the question is raised by an Asian as to how someone from his background could possibly support Rangers - in other words we are racist.

The Head of BBC Scotland should be hauled in front of Bain/Murray and told in no uncertain terms that between now and the end of the season the only access that the BBC will have to Ibrox is to film and commentate on SPL matches.

No other access and no interviews should be granted to BBC personnel, including press briefings with the proviso that the situation will be reviewd at the end of the season.

Or, is this something else that the vast majority of our support are simply going to ignore like everything else.

I'm interested to know the opinions of those who took part in the recent BBC protest and those who rubbished the need to protest against this supposedly impartial organisation that we all pay for.

You’ve got it the wrong way round, mate. Nobody from a football team hauls the head of the BBC up… who is it you think Murray and Bane are? The BBC is one of the most powerful organizations in Britain and they do as they please. Make no mistake about that.

You’ve got it the wrong way round, mate. Nobody from a football team hauls the head of the BBC up… who is it you think Murray and Bane are? The BBC is one of the most powerful organizations in Britain and they do as they please. Make no mistake about that.

In the world of football the BBC aren't a force in any way shape or form, the only reason they still get certain live games is that laws are in place to ensure terrestial T.V. gets a mediocre slice of the pie.

We are becoming the new mopes of Scotland, I always thought it was Celtic fans who were offended by anything and everything.

not at all it's the chip , chip , chip of small but numerous attacks on out club and support - make no mistake about it , there is an agenda against Rangers and the the support.

We are becoming the new mopes of Scotland, I always thought it was Celtic fans who were offended by anything and everything.

not at all it's the chip , chip , chip of small but numerous attacks on out club and support - make no mistake about it , there is an agenda against Rangers and the the support.

I am somewhere in between. There is an anti rangers feeling/agenda no doubt, but, as a support, we seem to prefer to moan about it than be productive, we are also getting a persecution complex about everything.

Need to man up, but also take some action

An interesting perspective but I think you underestimate the power of Rangers.

Make no mistake about it Rangers and celtc are the biggest news items in Scotland and no media organisation can afford to have no or limited access to either, including the BBC.

Make no mistake about it Rangers and celtc are the biggest news items in Scotland and no media organisation can afford to have no or limited access to either, including the BBC.

Utter rubbish!

That makes it ok then.

There is a major difference in being offended at nothing and something.

Rangers would be as well replacing our badge with a target going by the free for all in attacks from all angles.

The attacks will continue until all, or the majority, of the support lose the apathy towards such comments.

If someone was persistently slagging off you or your family in a public manner with mistruths and lies would you do anything or just shrug it off?

Utter rubbish!

What is utter rubbish?

He was actually talking about his background as a lying bastard and twisted cunt, not to mention, slum landlord.

I object to his Still Game character as I find it racist.

They are his comments, not the BBC's and he has previous. I'd be more worried if Anne Robinson stood up for us.

its not the same guy its his brother in still game.

Yes it's time for the Club to make a stand against them and a few others long overdue. As for the old slapper robinson it's about time she got kicked in the balls hard, she only got on in her world by sucking captain bob maxwells tadger, literally and physically while all others in her game were fighting against him ! She is a scab of the highest order. :sherlock:

(tu)

I'm with the comment above, I ain't gonna go around whinging about everything...that is Celtic's job.

The above we must not agree with, complain officially at every turn now, the more of us doing it the better, there IS an agenda against US and it is becoming ever more evident on television and in the rhags. Do not lie down to these people. :sherlock:

Utter rubbish!

What is utter rubbish?

The suggestion that the BBC need Rangers or Celtic more than we need them. I’m afraid there are too many deluded fools on this site that somehow think Rangers or Celtic are powerful enough to exert influence over an organization like the BBC. And that somehow Murray, Bane and co can snap their fingures and the BEEB will fall into line... I don't think so.

The Evening Times, or Radio Clyde maybe, but the BBC? Wise up.

I don't know if some posters on here work for the BBC or something, but Rangers (and celtic) are a far bigger and more influential institution in Scotland than the BBC. The BBC are also supposed to be democratic (!) and reflect the views of license fee payers, like the government are supposed to listen to taxpayers.

The best example of the BBC being put in their place is Sir Alex Ferguson refusing to speak to them at Man United. As a direct result, the other media outlets down south sh1t it from him and are scared to criticize United. And Man U haven't suffered at all as a result. The media need big football clubs, where would they be without all the freebies we give them? It really is not the other way about, no matter what you get taught at university on your media studies course..

The alternative to being 'offended' and prepared to protest is bending over and letting the BBC and rest of the mhedia ram it up our behinds. This approach has never been historically successful.. I don't want to be a mope, but it works for them - hence why nobody in the Scottish mhedia can mention ira songs, nor do they dare criticize Lawwell, or their club's support and it's obsession with a foreign country. We have had some success. What happened to that Barack Obama sketch that was originally in the truly dreadful Only an Excuse at Hogmanay? They had to bin it from the final cut, because they knew we would take them to task over it. We have got their number. And the staff at BBC Scotland know it.

If there is no agenda or bias against us, how come we are the only football club in history who's supporters have felt strongly enough about their negative treatment to actually go out and protest about it? The numbers might have been small, but they are growing, and they reflect the opinions of most true Rangers fans. The BBC should be listening to us - we pay their wages. You don't get a choice whether you pay the license fee or not. It is in their charter to reflect both sides of every story, and currently they are shamefully and deliberately not giving us fair and even-handed treatment. They are not the only ones, but they are the only ones we have to pay for!!