Rangers refuse bid for Wilson

Poetry_In_Blue

Due to the financial climate we have been worried that Rangers will accept bids for our talented youngsters. This won't happen and in fact Spurs made a bid for talented defensive player Daniel Wilson which has been rejected, they will also refuse any bids for John Fleck.

The thing we must remember is that if any of these players were sold then in a couple of years down the line we would have to buy players to replace them, if more senior players were sold at this moment in time that isn't too much of a problem never mind what we think, but it's the future we must think off, which is why the youngsters won't be sold.

No probs, wasn't 100% sure myself, but had it confirmed today, and is now being reported in the Evening Times.

Meanwhile, Tottenham Hotspur boss Harry Redknapp has had a sensational swoop for teenage Rangers defensive talent Daniel Wilson rejected.

Despite the Ibrox club's desire to trim their wage bill before the closure of the transfer window, Gers are determined not to flog outstanding young talents like 17-year-old Wilson and fellow teenage star John Fleck.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...loan_switch.php

Why would they sell them? Makes no financial sense because they can't be earning much at the moment and if they break in to the team in 3 or 4 years time they'll be worth a fortune. Even Murray and Bain can see that.

I dont get how these Englisgh clubs go for youngsters like wilson etc there is never anyone at the reserve games / scouts none in the crowd at all

so how the fuck do they know about our plyers

:dry:

Good to see. Just confirmed what I always thought.

A few people seem to be a little concerned by big teams like Man U keeping an eye on Fleck etc...

Fleck won't be transferred in this window or in the summer. Doesn't make sense. He is still developing as a player and has had a taste of first team football. I doubt he'd move away from the club he has supported as a youngster, so early on in his career.

And although SDM's decisions to let players go have been questionable e.g Hutton, Cuellar, Boyd...I really don't think he believes selling Fleck or any other talented youngster, so early in their career, when they are cheaper than what they may be in a few years, would be beneficial to the current financial problem we have.

Why would they sell them? Makes no financial sense because they can't be earning much at the moment and if they break in to the team in 3 or 4 years time they'll be worth a fortune. Even Murray and Bain can see that.

I dont get how these Englisgh clubs go for youngsters like wilson etc there is never anyone at the reserve games / scouts none in the crowd at all

you dont know who's in the crowd, they probably have been scouted.

anyway, Im not worried about Fleck etec moving on, fairly confident that SDM wouldnt be daft enough.

Tame media being fed by SDM?

Scouts attend Murray Park regularly, but they don't walk around with bright orange shirts saying "I'm A Scout!' on them.

Scouts attend Murray Park regularly, but they don't walk around with bright orange shirts saying "I'm A Scout!' on them.

LOL I thought they did!

Nice to see that we're finally going to start using and promoting youth

I agree but feel that it is important to get them playing , too many dont achieve their first team potential with us - also if they are playing then at least if they do go then the transfer fee should be much better - I'd rather we fielded a good young player in his natural position than continue fitting round pegs in square holes.

maybe they play football manager :craphead:

good news. Anyone know how good this guy wilson is? Must be pretty decent if other teams are interested in him but theres never been the same talk about him on this board as there has been about people like fleck furman shinnie etc.

good news. Anyone know how good this guy wilson is? Must be pretty decent if other teams are interested in him but theres never been the same talk about him on this board as there has been about people like fleck furman shinnie etc.

not heard much about him but im seeing guy on sat who watches all u19 and u17 games so i will ask him