11 Players Released

No surprise if true. Kenny Miller?

This suggests the manager to be has already run the rule over them.

We should also be open to offers for some in-contract players in the weeks ahead.

He enabled a year extension on his contract.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They got us to the championship, playing a shockingly bad standard of football. Partly their fault, partly the managers. The players would love to go out and play like Barcelona, no professional athlete doesn't, but it wasn't to be and they worked reasonably hard, got the job done up until this season.

Glad they've left as we need to move on, but most on that list have conducted themselves pretty well over the last few years. Daly, Simmo, Robinson, Smith, Faure and even Jig have all kept themselves to themseveles and never caused any bother, talked with fans, done their bits. None are good enough, but that's not their fault.

Hope it's official and we can move on doing things the right way from now on.

You have lost the plot , they have kept themselves to themselves !

The lot of them were pish and should never have been signed and most of the support knew it.

The only thing wrong with that list is we are stuck with the rest of them!

what do you mean by that? They are all fucking professional footballers, the only tools they need are their boots and shinnies.

I think it's pretty clear there was no instruction, structure or shape to any of our play until McCall came in. yes, the players should have dug a little deeper, but ultimately, the use of Murray Park, the state of the art training facility, was massively under used and at no point was it ever clear to anyone, including the players, what the fuck they were meant to be doing. No leadership, no tactical knowledge, no desire, these traits are even harder to overturn when it's the management team that are displaying them. Both are to blame, but most on that list would have done a job anywhere in Scotland, only at Rangers they've fallen on their arse. Weird one innit.

So only 3 starters from Sunday have been binned - take away the 2 loanees and we still have 6 of that lot from Sunday who will be with us next season - way, way short of the type of clearout that is required.

You have lost the plot , they have kept themselves to themselves !

The lot of them were pish and should never have been signed and most of the support knew it.

The only thing wrong with that list is we are stuck with the rest of them!

I certainly knew it, I said as much when Boyd, Smith etc signed, I was totally against that route, but I wasn't in charge, I've seen nothing in Boyd, Smith, Daly, Foster that I didn't know already, poor players, but when played in a system or a team that suits their style, we'd have gotten better performances.

I've been watching Rangers for 60 years and this lot is the worst I've ever seen. Where was the pride in wearing the jersey as in the days of yore. These wasters put money above the pride of playing for The Rangers and for me they deserve no thanks. I very much hope the daylate rhebel has got this one right, but for me, it's not enough, there are more players that I would get rid of. We are at the position we were 3 years ago, so what a total waste of time and money that has turned out to be.

They fell on their arses because they treated the fans and club like shite.

No excuses should be given for them, not a single one.

They disgraced the Rangers jersey and that in my eyes is unforgivable.

They've let themselves down and they've let the Rangers jersey down. I'm not denying that, but there's been players past present and future that will do so, some aren't cut out for it, others are but it doesn't work out for one reason or another. No quarrel with any of them bar maybe Black who acted a right cunt in the Hibs play off game. The rest, whilst being poor for large spells, didn't do too much wrong away from the pitch, we can all agree they've been poor for whatever reson, but would they have been here if we weren't so shortsighted? Would they have played as badly as they did with a decent man in there from the get go? Who knows, but they get my well wishes for the future.

Can't believe that most of the pricks still under contract don't have a clause that halfs their wages.

If you can get a clause that increases your wage after each promotion they should be penalised when they fail miserably.

If there are players still in contract that we want to punt, then we should be tying to sell them, not just releasing them.

Who would take them though? I'd rather get rid of another £30k - £40k a week off the wage bill.

Who would take them though? I'd rather get rid of another £30k - £40k a week off the wage bill.

You can't just rip up their contracts, and chances are you're going to have to pay up most (if not all) of their remaining contracts to get rid of them anyway.