Oduwa & Zelalem

simon

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oduwa looked scared to run with the ball first half. He needs to be encouraged to go for it from the first minute. He was much better in the second half.

I reckon Zelalem is a great talent but he just made a lot of poor decisions tonight. As the fulcrum, he has to allow the play to move quickly but he was taking too many touches or switching play back the way it was coming from. It looked like he had lost confidence in the players ahead of him and didn't want to play passes into tight spaces.

They'll both learn and pick up again.

God Op for me, Zal has seemed off it for a the last three games and Oduwa although making space at times then dithers other times.

Not going to slate the lads too hard but just need game time and to feel a defeat to find out how hard things can be. Maybe next time we will get their best but as TGF said they are not our players so maybe one at a time and not both together until the game is won.

Oduwa WAS dreadful tonight.

I'm not saying that he should be bulleted from the team, but too often he just wanted to run and run and run with the ball at his feet rather than beat his man and put a ball in for someone to get on the end of.

both are talented young guys with plenty of potential, wingers especially young ones have a tendency to blow hot and cold.

my main problem with zelalem and I have said it before now is he seems to slow down play considerable when he is on the ball.

In defence of them both our movement in front of the ball has been terrible the last few games.

Zalelam hasn't done much so far and I thought was poor tonight, looked a little lost when he had the ball. Oduwa done well tonight, particularly in he second half when he started running at them. We we're running out of idea's trying to pass our way through 10 men and he should have been doing this much earlier.

Zelalem probably doesn't fit the style we are trying to play. He is more suited to slow build up play, rather than quick attacking play. I do actually think he is a cracking player.

Oduwa looks good but ultimately lacks cutting edge and product.

Both are probably too young and inexperienced to be expected to be carrying Rangers and digging us out holes. 40k fans expecting you to deliver is an uncompromising enviroment for an 18-19yr old.

My one criticism of Warburton thus far is perhaps lack of a backup plan when the exubrance of youth doesn't work. We do lack an enforcer, who'll grab a game.

Then again, cups are a bonus.

Good post. Sums up my feelings well.

No the bottom line is Rangers can't afford to have under developed players at Ibrox, we have been playing like a lousy schoolboy outfit for three weeks now, its like watching a Davie White Rangers, sideways and backwards and failing in Pressure games.

There is a difference between good play and bad, and we have been bad, bad, bad.

:lol: new manager 12 games - 1 loss - playing a lot of young players and this is how you 'support' - oh dear!

Zelalem probably doesn't fit the style we are trying to play. He is more suited to slow build up play, rather than quick attacking play. I do actually think he is a cracking player.

Oduwa looks good but ultimately lacks cutting edge and product.

Both are probably too young and inexperienced to be expected to be carrying Rangers and digging us out holes. 40k fans expecting you to deliver is an uncompromising enviroment for an 18-19yr old.

My one criticism of Warburton thus far is perhaps lack of a backup plan when the exubrance of youth doesn't work. We do lack an enforcer, who'll grab a game.

Then again, cups are a bonus.

these boys are here to learn there trade and to see what its like to play in front of demanding supporters. If they were the finished article they wouldn't be here.

Oduwa is the worst player I have ever seen in a Rangers jersey.

Couple of flicks (a failed one might I add) and you're in the papers all over the country. He's done absolutely nothing.

Never seen a player care more about himself than the team. Only interested in how he looks. Dances on the ball and gets absolutely nowhere.

Zelalem is decent at passing, that's about it. Man down defending, utterly useless going back the way. Must be about 3 stone under weight, not a bit of muscle on him. Physique of a twig.

Ball, I can't even be bothered addressing him. Not a football player.

Send all 3 of them back.

They're here to learn, that's a lesson for them tonight.

Sometimes i was thinking Oduwa was fannying about too much, i wish he'd just play the pass and Zela was wasn't anywhere near as effective as we have seen he can be.

Other players movement was shocking too but for these lads it's a lesson I'm sure Warbs n Weir will make sure they learn from.

Couple of flicks (a failed one might I add) and you're in the papers all over the country. He's done absolutely nothing.

Never seen a player care more about himself than the team. Only interested in how he looks. Dances on the ball and gets absolutely nowhere.

Zelalem is decent at passing, that's about it. Man down defending, utterly useless going back the way. Must be about 3 stone under weight, not a bit of muscle on him. Physique of a twig.

Send all 3 of them back.

Put that rod away you :lol:

Send all 3 of them back.

lol

Send all 3 of them back.

Wait, you mean a 18 year old boy hasn't fully physically developed yet? Well fuck me.

Cant have Zelalem and Holt in same midfield against the better teams. Far too leightweight.

No point doing all these flicks and tricks without an end product..

Bang on the money with that, SB.

But handled correctly, both should get stronger & more consistently influential.

Send all 3 of them back.

Tell us one thing, that you know fluck all about football.